Game Day Practice Match; Adelaide V Brisbane @ Metricon, 10:30am (only on Kayo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones, McHenry and McAsey picks have hurt. 3 top draft picks and as much as we want then to make it none of them will become elite players of the competition.

Jones we recruit as mid we have to turn into a defender and if today was anything to by, crikey.

McHenry has his supporters because of his feisty hard working attitude. But he’s not overly quick, he’s short, his disposal is ok but he does some dumb stuff. Again he’s playing a forward role when we need him to be a mid, but will he? I doubt it.

McAsey, he’s slow and has shown nothing to warrant pick 6. We prefer Frampton over him as a defender FFS.

Now this will attract plenty of thumbs downs and replies that I’m writing them off too early. But if you take your Crows wishful thinking hat off most deep down would know it. And don’t get me wrong, I’m hope I’m very wrong but I don’t believe I am and that sucks.

The McAsey call is early but I agree with McHenry and Jones, I'd add Worrell Pick 28.

McHenry - There wasn't alot in that draft after his pick anyway. Duursma is over rated and injury prone. Not sure who we could have taken really. there isnt a stand out.

Jones - Is the one that hurts. You dont pay a top 10 pick to get a middle of the road half back flanker. There is a conga line of better players on the table at that pick.

Worrell - This one is perplexing. Seems to move well at training and impressive but can't get games in a rebuilding side. Maybe he is considered too thin idk.

McAsey - The only players who've made an impact is Picket and Georgiadis really from his draft year near his pick. As far as Key forwards go Georgiadis is the comparison. In my mind, the jury is out. If you go on just till this point Mitchy wins but two years doesn't make a career. This is the year he has to make an impact and show what he can do. He had an injury which would explain why he didn't play yesterday.

Jones, McHenry and McAsey picks have hurt. 3 top draft picks and as much as we want then to make it none of them will become elite players of the competition.

Jones we recruit as mid we have to turn into a defender and if today was anything to by, crikey.

McHenry has his supporters because of his feisty hard working attitude. But he’s not overly quick, he’s short, his disposal is ok but he does some dumb stuff. Again he’s playing a forward role when we need him to be a mid, but will he? I doubt it.

McAsey, he’s slow and has shown nothing to warrant pick 6. We prefer Frampton over him as a defender FFS.

Now this will attract plenty of thumbs downs and replies that I’m writing them off too early. But if you take your Crows wishful thinking hat off most deep down would know it. And don’t get me wrong, I’m hope I’m very wrong but I don’t believe I am and that sucks.

All fair assessments IMO.

Unfortunately our first picks in the previous 3 drafts prior haven't panned out great either. Milera/Galluci/Fog.

Still hold out hope for McAsey. Our club is brilliant at identifying KPP and he is still under 21. Would have been rough for the kid with his first two years at the club being covid years and dealing with personal issues back in Melbourne.

There's definitely some overreaction regarding McHenry, Jones and Fogarty.

If you get spooked by practice game 1, in wet conditions, against a strong top 4 team you're pretty much saying this game carries more weight than the ground they made last year. I don't really agree with that.

Take a deep breath, let's see how they go throughout the whole year. It's not always going to be linear.
You’re assuming posters are basing their opinions one practice game

The McAsey call is early but I agree with McHenry and Jones, I'd add Worrell Pick 28.

McHenry - There wasn't alot in that draft after his pick anyway. Duursma is over rated and injury prone. Not sure who we could have taken really. there isnt a stand out.

Jones - Is the one that hurts. You dont pay a top 10 pick to get a middle of the road half back flanker. There is a conga line of better players on the table at that pick.

Worrell - This one is perplexing. Seems to move well at training and impressive but can't get games in a rebuilding side. Maybe he is considered too thin idk.

McAsey - The only players who've made an impact is Picket and Georgiadis really from his draft year near his pick. As far as Key forwards go Georgiadis is the comparison. In my mind, the jury is out. If you go on just till this point Mitchy wins but two years doesn't make a career. This is the year he has to make an impact and show what he can do. He had an injury which would explain why he didn't play yesterday.
Taken after McAsey also included Serong, Will Day, Harry Jones. Harry Jones actually went one pick after Worrell, ouch, Jones looks like he will be a star. As for Worrell, not sure what’s going on there.

Agreed looking at it not much after McHenry.

Ah the mystical value of draft picks strike again. Right now we have a solid best 22 member in McHenry and whilst that remains, he's been worth pick 16. It's 51% C grade, but they still count as passes.
I agree but isn't that an issue the fact that he is best 22 - hopefully he comes on leaps and bounds but I don't see much to his game atm other than he has a red hot crack. Yes we are in a rebuild but if he is an automatic selection our other options must be poor. I hope he proves me wrong but I think we all get seduced by our players and are happy with a large number of C graders {See ROB as another example fantastic effort but is he A,B or C}

Easy to see why he's failed to get a Head role..
That presser was a waste of time, he was full of excuses and zero accountability.

Soft.
LOL

It was a scratch match with one side fielding a severely depleted squad, the other side fielding an almost full strength squad on a greasy surface. Talk about Henny Penny reactions from some of you jokers.

Yeah... so the next time it's raining we should train inside.
Your kidding yourself if you think that sort of performance is acceptable especially for a team that should be busting to improve.
LOL

It was a scratch match with one side fielding a severely depleted squad, the other side fielding an almost full strength squad on a greasy surface. Talk about Henny Penny reactions from some of you jokers.

Watched the replay last night

The umpiring was comical, even Merret was beginning to laugh at some of the decisions.

We had a midget midfield rotation which hurt but also a lot of young bodies who couldn't stand up to the strength of Brisbane. Also hard to judge when the team is mostly young kids leading to structures breaking down in wet conditions.

Easy to slam the youngsters but they all had good moments and would all look better in a mature side.

The only take away being we need Dawson and Smith in some of the centre rotations as Berry, Pedlar, Laird, Schoenberg, Keays and Crouch all similar height. Still can't work out Hately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah... so the next time it's raining we should train inside.
Your kidding yourself if you think that sort of performance is acceptable especially for a team that should be busting to improve.

Dude. You really need to chill. Preseason means sweet F all.

Its a sporting version of whose line is it anyway.

It’s the kids first exposure at the level and he barely played for 2 years and was probably our best player

I reaffirm - means a fair bit

Look its not a bad thing. He looked comfortable at the level and hopefully it gives him confidence to do it on the big stage.

I just think its a little early to be annointing him the next superstar or silly comparions to JHF.

Are you 10...
Not even smart enough to look at my join date.

The amount of tantrum dummy spits you have on here, some would think you are still in nappies. ;)

Dude. You really need to chill. Preseason means sweet F all.

Its a sporting version of whose line is it anyway.
Imo he doesn't actually support the Crows so I would not bother...

Last edited:
Hately looking lost and tentative after four pre-seasons and his career on the line is concerning.

Yup. Was really hoping he would come out firing this year.

On paper he is perfect. 191cm, 91kg. Top 15 draft pick.

We have him for contracted for another 2 years - so hopefully we can give him a run of 10-15 games and see what we have.

The biggest troll. People just need to stop replying.
Not trolling, I just don't agree everything crows do = good, everything everyone else does = bad.
That kind of attitude is what got the club it's first wooden spoon, we need to be better than that.

I think the past 12 months we have started to improve though.

Hately showed a bit at GWS but zilch with us so far. Some of that is due to playing in a bad team as well as some injuries but he would want to start pressing for a spot this year or else he is on the scrap pile.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He doesn't have the ticka to be an AFL player unfortunately like mcasey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back