Game Day Pre-season 2022: GWS v Collingwood, Giants Stadium @ 12.40 pm Sunday 6 March 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Hill looks superb, he has definitely improved. Lucky we kept him.
Watching about a half delayed - just saw Hill chase from our 50 all the way to break up the play in the Pies' 50. Amazing effort.

Just slowly grinding the Pies down quarter by quarter.

Good, consistent team effort.

Will be interesting to see how the Swans perform in the same conditions later today.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Besides some pre-season rust with transition very happy with the game.

Although we are struggling big time to get it out of the defensive 50.
Pies loving flooding that middle area.
We've often had that in the past, too. The good thing is our defence has held firm and we haven't given away a lot of scores. Good signs to the season in terms of the ability to work through the problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving Preuss, he is offering a point of difference. Reminds me of Lobb in his marking ability.
I assume he improves in the second half then, because there was more spills than good grabs in the first. :D

Green is unreal, so physical and strong when drawing contact. Bruhn pretty impactful with all of his touches, super classy finish. Thought the midfield mix was great the mainstays got plenty of opportunities but also mixed in the other as well.

Tom Green .... what a gun

Haynes Davis Whitfield
Idun Taylor Perryman
XOH cogs Ash
Bruhn HH Riccardi
Hill Hogan Taranto
Preuss Kelly Hopper

Green Keeffe DeBoer Ward

What do we think about the preuss tackle.

I think it’s lineball and should be fine, but who knows with the MRP

I really love Bruen. Going to explode this year I think

Jon Ralph only highlighting the Maynard and Krueger incidents in Fox’s post match review, so hopefully P is all clear.

Krueger is v lucky that Cal is superhuman and walked away, could have been a big suspension otherwise.

The Flynn-Preuss combo was interesting, and as a tactic specifically to counter Brodie Grundy is a good move IMHO. One that could be equally used against some of the other premier rucks or ruck combos (especially if we want to give Hogan a few games off during the year). e.g. Gawn-Jackson, Ryder-Marshall.

However, they played Flynn as primary ruck, and Preuss mainly forward, so I think if we play Hogan then Preuss won't be the ruck.

Defence will be interesting. I thought Keeffe was fine, but I'm not sure how many minutes he played (seemed not to see him in the second half, or was I just blind?). If we have Taylor, Davis, Haynes & Idun, I just don't see a place for Keeffe too - it makes us quite big at the back. If Haynes were out, they I could see us bringing Keeffe in and essentially use Davis and Taylor to replace what we normally get from Haynes.

The other questions around the mid/small forwards - obviously Bobby & Tanner will be in, Taranto will play mainly forward, so one more to come. It would seem likely that Stone will be out injured; if Lloyd comes up OK from his concussion he might get the nod. If not, then maybe de Boer would be the choice, Peatling perhaps, doubt that Callaghan gets the nod just yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back