Hb- Broad ‐ miller-- Vlastuin
Cl - kmac --- RCD-- pickett
Hf- Bolton- balta -- baker
Ff- MJR - lynch-- gibcus
R-'soldo ‐ Dow-- prestia
Int - cotch- biggy- lambo- stack
Sub Graham or Ross
MRJ , Maurice Rioli junior

If we compare to our last dynasty of 67-74. Our lean years was 75-79. So what did we do get the 80 Premiership?
We had incredible key position strength with unmatched goal kicking strength with Roach kicking over 100, Bartlett 86 odd, Cloke 50 odd,monteath 40 odd and Barry Rowling's the previous year starring on ball, weightman, Wood,Wiley all injury free

I don't see the issues being linked. We've won plenty of games despite poor umpiring, because we were in form. Now we've got a number of players struggling to find their best form and even those that are playing well aren't playing at their very best.

What would people blame if the free kick counts were reversed and we were still losing? We'd all blame form, so I see it as no different when the umpiring 'is against us'.

Fix the on field issues in regards to our structure and style of play and the results will come regardless of how many free kicks we get/don't get, just like it did during the 2017-2020 run.

The umpiring in the second half of 2021 wasn't the reason we fell off the cliff, we simply hit the wall as a team, with injuries mounting up and the hunger waning and players losing form we weren't able to produce the results we were all hoping for.

Nothing has changed so far in 2022 and IMO the frustration that comes from not being able to produce at the level we're accustomed to sees us give away some stupid free kicks which comes back to the ill discipline that I've spoken about throughout the season.

But sure lets blame the 'poor' umpiring as it's the easy way out rather than asking the hard questions about certain players who are premiership heroes, but quickly becoming a liability on the field
The other side of the argument is that we were actually that much better than the remainder of the competition when we were sucessfull so umpire bias wasn’t that big of an issue . Whereas now we are back to the pack , the umpire bias is effecting the win/loss result .
I may be incorrect but IIRC no club in history has had such a free kick differential over such a prolonged time frame. Whilst in the past where clubs have had a large differential it has been more strongly weighted by free’s against . Clubs are often having their lowest frees against when playing against Richmond .

After 5 rounds 2022
Gws free kick for - 103-------against-121 ,,,,,,minus 18
Swan free kick for- 99 -------against -137,,,,,,,,minus 28
Pies free kick for - 130-------against- 99 ,,,,,,,,,plus 26
Dogs free kick for- 127 -----against- 93,,,,,,,,,,, plus 34
Tigers free kick for- 93---‐---against- 131 !,,,!,,minus 38

The other side of the argument is that we were actually that much better than the remainder of the competition when we were sucessfull so umpire bias wasn’t that big of an issue . Whereas now we are back to the pack , the umpire bias is effecting the win/loss result .
I may be incorrect but IIRC no club in history has had such a free kick differential over such a prolonged time frame. Whilst in the past where clubs have had a large differential it has been more strongly weighted by free’s against . Clubs are often having their lowest frees against when playing against Richmond .
Which is why I said that form is the biggest issue facing us in 2022 and not the supposed cheating from the umpires. When we've played the better footy across the 4 quarters we've won, when we have been well beaten across the ground we've lost, it really is as simple as that.

Which is why I said that form is the biggest issue facing us in 2022 and not the supposed cheating from the umpires. When we've played the better footy across the 4 quarters we've won, when we have been well beaten across the ground we've lost, it really is as simple as that.
Think everyone understands we aren’t the side we were two -3-4 years ago , however others are of the view that the continual free kick variation is having a significant affect on the win / loss record.

Doesn’t explain why our players get targeted by the media for staging to the exclusion of any other club. Or why the rules were changed to specifically to make Richmond’s game plan less effective, also why a media campaign was launched by AFL media commentators to make sure the public knew we were going to get shafted on Ellis’s compensation. Or the “out of the blue” hysteria in 2018 4 rounds into the season about the “dire state of the game” and how a special committee of media coaches and media commentators with links to AFL house were going to save it.

Too many incidents keep stacking up to suggest AFL house don’t like us and their employees can get away with the consistently poor treatment we are receiving.

Not to mention an interstate club president of AFL controlled franchise coming out to actively campaign against a candidate for the CEO position. Smearing Gale as being too Vic centric while not putting forth any other recommendation for who he would back. Bizarre behaviour that’s been allowed to pass without any scrutiny from AFL media. I’d expect some pump pieces for Travis Auld in the coming weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to twilight zone

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Think everyone understands we aren’t the side we were two -3-4 years ago , however others are of the view that the continual free kick variation is having a significant affect on the win / loss record.
If a lopsided free kick count is all that is stopping us from being 5-0 then we're in better shape than I thought, but truth be told we both know it's much more than just that.

A diff of 20+ is another level , don’t forget most result in an i50, you’re giving them a free hit many times over and almost concede the game on that alone ,,,4-5 diff is FA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The loss on the weekend was embarrassing which ever way you cut it, 5-6 players had okay games, the rest played their worst 4 quarters for the year. The difference between our best & worst footy is striking. Thats the problem, not the umpires
Yeah I don't dispute that. I just found the game confusing from the umpires.

Last year he looked way wet behind the ears, has most def improved , getting where the ball is says that and he brings genuine heat that we need and value in spades ,,,Defenders waltzed out of our f50 v crows . Let’s see where he’s at ,,,Stacky in too adds some danger when ball get i50

And move Daniel back down there - he aint blowing no minds down back. I think the energy between the 3 aboriginal boys in the 50 would be inspiring to each other. Make Edwards be the sub or come off the bench pinch hitting down there as well.

Just try something different for fksake

Last edited:
If a lopsided free kick count is all that is stopping us from being 5-0 then we're in better shape than I thought, but truth be told we both know it's much more than just that.
By that logic unless someone feels that umpiring has cost every loss they can’t raise concerns about umpiring .
I don’t think umpiring is the sole reason the club has lost games this season , but I think the ongoing free kick variation( many years) is worthy of discussion .

We finished 12th and limped to the line …. and in the first 11 rounds of 2022 get A Thursday night opener. A Saturday night against the Dogs. An Anzac Eve against the Demons. A Friday night against the Eagles. Saturday night Dreamtime. Friday night v Sydney. In addition 2 x Sat arvo MCG games against Pies and Hawks are hardly poor fixtures.

That’s an unbelievable fixture for a team who finished 12th and is not setting the world on fire, keeping in mind they gave us Sydney Friday night and Dreamtime Saturday night AFTER Dimma’s COVID comments.

So if you’re going to float conspiracy theories they need to have at least a semblance of truth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A team that finished 12th after winning 3 grand finals out of 4.

Most of the games you mentioned are locks btw, historical games that are always played at that time.

And you are kidding yourself if you think the AFL gave us anything in regards to "Dreamtime" - the AFL rides around like Malcolm ******* X with Dreamtime & considering the last 12 months with s**t going on with collingwood and Hawthorn, dreamtime gets centre stage because it suits the afl's image just fine

The Friday night games you mentioned - all against interestate "Away" teams too btw, they are not for our benefit.

And Saturday Arvo games are great fun for supporters who go, but not free to air prime time. Not sure if you have noticed, but the AFL is kinda struggling to get people to turn up to games in Melbourne - so yeah, putting us on a Saturday to bring that "good ol time" AFL vibes is a good strategy for them - but it being on Fox isn't really desirable at all. They are not sought after for teams when they are asking for fixtures...at all.

The loss on the weekend was embarrassing which ever way you cut it, 5-6 players had okay games, the rest played their worst 4 quarters for the year. The difference between our best & worst footy is striking. Thats the problem, not the umpires
Without going into tin tacs several of our players that were in form where pretty flat for some reason, Pickett, shai pres Nank all had little impact

Haha good point , just doesnt t help that’s all and all we ask as fans is a fair go , if they’re there bloody well pay em don’t Ignore like it didn’t happen

The poor form is more of an issue than 'bias' umpiring.

Its both. We have been dealing with shitty umpiring for 4 years, but we were that amazing. So each year, they tweaked the rules again - it got worse, but we were still that amazing.

Now - we are not that amazing. Why? We are older, but the spirit is gone. Its ******* hard to keep getting back up when you are being targeted like this. As i said with 2020, Dimma drawed the last ace in the deck to get that flag - the :"the world against us" motto - it worked a treat, but its the final trick in the book.

In 2021, they did the same thing - tweaked the rules against as more, umpiring got worse and worse - it finally broke the spirit of the group..." a death by 10,000 lashes", as i said. Its a strategy well versed.

The AFL is kicking us while we are weak now. We have * all chance of climbing off the deck with a knee on our neck. It will continue until we completely buckle.

They did it to Carlton

They did it to Essendon

For *s sake, do people forget they made Carlton appoint Ian Collins to replace Elliott? Made them sign their hsitory away from Princess Park and sign that awful deal at Telstra Dome? That was literally a coup against that club. Over what? Salary cap breaches? Its a bad crime, but there are far far worse in sports. They took away their future - they then fined them $1,000,000 knowing they were pretty much bankrupt due to their investment to get Princess Park up to AFL level - it was all over TV rights, Telstra Dome etc.

If Benny Gale wants any chance of taking Gil's job, they will want him to remove Dimma first. Prove that he has the spine to be the AFL's head honcho. Failure to do so will ruin his chances of that role, mark it down. They are THAT dark. I doubt Benny is any chance tbh, he is too nice & too loyal. Dude reeks of JFK qualities, too many people at Head office will not want that guy there.

When they need us to be strong again, they will let us up. Its nothing personal, just business. The "Richmond Dynasty" is a gem in the AFL crown. Dusty will forever be an AFL darling. Trent Cotchin will be a pariah, mark it down - like Greg Williams.

Our luck will swing eventually, as the AFL knows we are very valuable when we are hungry. It will end eventually, but no time soon unless we bow, conform, fit in & * dimma off

Last edited:
By that logic unless someone feels that umpiring has cost every loss they can’t raise concerns about umpiring .
I don’t think umpiring is the sole reason the club has lost games this season , but I think the ongoing free kick variation( many years) is worthy of discussion .
Every time we lose of late umpiring seems to be the go to default position as to why we lost rather than poor performance and quite frankly it becomes a bit tiresome, especially if you dare suggest that certain players being out of form and whether they should remain in the side are met with accusations of being disrespectful and not real fans.

Every time we lose of late umpiring seems to be the go to default position as to why we lost rather than poor performance and quite frankly it becomes a bit tiresome, especially if you dare suggest that certain players being out of form and whether they should remain in the side are met with accusations of being disrespectful and not real fans.
I’m certainly not” of that view, was pretty clear to me that in form players didn’t bring it to AO for reasons unknown . Umpiring is a frustration and watching other games we aren’t alone

Your acting like there has to be one or the other only - its both.

I said it last year, rebuild, rebuild, rebuild - if we chose to rebuild we were in control of our own destiny.

We chose to hedge our bets and the reality is we are no way near good enough & the AFL is like "* no". Both can co-exist on the same space. I agree there are more than a few deluded supporters that can't accept the fairy tale is over - but the ones commenting on the umpiring stuff are calling it out for what it is - kicking a dog while its down.

Dimma's comment this week said it all really. They are trying to coax him into commenting so the AFL can fine him and make it another narrative of Richmond being arrogant - we are just damned. Its why we should rebuild 100% committed - there is not much they can do to * with us. We tank, get the picks we need and sit in the shadow and wait for our chance. Especially with Gil & Shocking out the door, its the perfect time for us to just tank the * out.

Richmond should shock the AFL world by having all of Jack, Trent, Edwards retire at the G, dreamtime. Live TV, Richmond home game - right when the AFL wants to show how ******* woke they are with indigenous issues, we retire the dynasty on our own ground. Dusty comes back to play. We name Stack, MRJ, Rioli, Pickett - steal the show & remind the AFL world, we were ******* kings. Go out right, big night - on national TV. 100k Richmond fans there. Its what we need to do as a club either way, we need to move on, do it on our own terms.

Then the next week - let the tank begin. in Gils final year when crowds are dipping, we just mail it in as supporters. We give the kids time, we get a top 3 pick & we all watch the games delayed on Kayo.That, along with Nths 2nd rounder has us with 3 picks in the top 22 and ultimately 8 top 28 picks over 2 years. A speedy rebuild to say the least.

Only thing Gil cares about is his legacy, make his final year be a ******* disaster for crowds, viewership. * that guy.

Last edited:
Its both. We have been dealing with shitty umpiring for 4 years, but we were that amazing. So each year, they tweaked the rules again - it got worse, but we were still that amazing.

Now - we are not that amazing. Why? We are older, but the spirit is gone. Its ******* hard to keep getting back up when you are being targeted like this. As i said with 2020, Dimma drawed the last ace in the deck to get that flag - the :"the world against us" motto - it worked a treat, but its the final trick in the book.

In 2021, they did the same thing - tweaked the rules against as more, umpiring got worse and worse - it finally broke the spirit of the group..." a death by 10,000 lashes", as i said. Its a strategy well versed.

The AFL is kicking us while we are weak now. We have fu** all chance of climbing off the deck with a knee on our neck. It will continue until we completely buckle.

They did it to Carlton

They did it to Essendon

For fu**s sake, do people forget they made Carlton appoint Ian Collins to replace Elliott? Made them sign their hsitory away from Princess Park and sign that awful deal at Telstra Dome? That was literally a coup against that club. Over what? Salary cap breaches? Its a bad crime, but there are far far worse in sports. They took away their future - they then fined them $1,000,000 knowing they were pretty much bankrupt due to their investment to get Princess Park up to AFL level - it was all over TV rights, Telstra Dome etc.

If Benny Gale wants any chance of taking Gil's job, they will want him to remove Dimma first. Failure to do so will ruin his chances of that role, mark it down. They are THAT dark

When they need us to be strong again, they will let us up. Its nothing personal, just business. The "Richmond Dynasty" is a gem in the AFL crown. Dusty will forever be an AFL darling. Trent Cotchin will be a pariah, mark it down - like Greg Williams.

Our luck will swing eventually, as the AFL knows we are very valuable when we are hungry. It will end eventually, but no time soon unless we bow, conform, fit in & fu** dimma off
OH FFS, now you're comparing us with George Floyd. Mate time to turn the internet off and get outside for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back