Autopsy Hinkleys hobos vs the oldest team in the universe

Remove this Banner Ad

Hinkley was badly out-coached.

Hinkley reverted to an old and frequently failing game plan, lacking bravery.

Hinkley kept saying how hard this game would be, and lo, the players believed him, putting in a flat, non-attacking and soft effort.

When it matters, and today mattered, Hinkley goes missing, taking the players with him.

Sack Hinkley.

One positive to come out of a s**t day is Kane Farrell firmly establishing himself in our 22. Now 4 games back from ACL continues ripping form:

18 disposals
89% efficiency
7 Marks
14 pressure acts
585 metres gained
2 lovely goals
All in 94mins game time

He has copped heaps of flack (from me too) in the past for being a sub par 10 touch player. Now no longer pigeonholed as a HFF/Forward pocket and instead a winger, he has taken Duursmas role and made it his own. Today was the first time i’ve seen him lace out, hit some darts onto chests multiple times which should of lead to more goals just poor finishing or fumbles from us. Instead of belting it 50m into the wilderness which he did in the past. Always capable of hurting the opposition, it is impressive to see a high disposals count with such hurt factor. Today is the his standard. Well done Kane

Gee that was pretty predictable.

We win a few games by lowering focusing lowering the eyes and picking out kfs over bombing it, and our mids running and carrying the ball out of stoppages more rather than handballing to stagnant players

What do we do? Go back to bombing it long and handballing inside a phone box until the pressure builds into a turnover.

Probably the worst handballing I’ve ever seen. We didn’t just slightly miss time them or miss teammates by a bit, we often had entire chains of 3-4 handballs that only travelled halfway to their opponents. Just seeing that once or twice would have been amazingly shocking but it was like that all through the game. It’s like we trained with balloons all week and then we’re shocked by the weight of this oblong shaped ball our players have grown up with in their hands for decades. I’m gobsmacked that professionals were so bad at executing the simplest skill that i expect children without coaching playing in their backyards to have mastered. Its not good enough.

Our backline was super reliable a few years back. Whether our team was good or not good, we were still always pretty reliable on everything other than the over the top joe the gooses that cut us up. The last two years our backline has been a ******* mess. We are super reliant on teams not checking Alir and flankers like burton and Houston to save us.

The umpires were outright cheats. Let’s not ever ever ever pretend that we get a legitimate chance to compete in this league. Besides the whole comp being compromised in a dozen different ways the umps clearly cannot be trusted to be impartial.

Houston - good

Wines - good, but his clearance game is well down on where it should be. Getting fewer and less impactful

Butters - tried to do too much and cost us so many times. Really needs a talking to by the coaching department or a leader at the club.

Amon - ok I guess. Maybe. Didn’t look like he cared today.

Farrell- bright spark in a s**t day

Dumont - ok I guess. One of the culprits of our bad disposal brigade, but could level that criticism at most of our players

Boak - 25d and must have butchered most of them. Absolute criminal performance where he looked cooked

Dbj - all effort no skills

Gray - tried to save us by dragging his corpse through barb wire. Mind is willing but body is cooked.

Drew - ok I guess.

Hayes - hmmmm. For where he is at only a few games into his career today he competed really well. Found more of it, got his hands to it in the ruck. Geelong players ran off him a bit as to be expected.

But * me hayes, 5 mins into the game I could see the umps where throwing the ball up short at every single ******* throw in, and not bouncing the ball properly either through incompetence or cheating and why did it take you nearly 2 qtrs to adjust? Use your head kid. And where are our leaders that should have had a word to Hayes? If I can see it, then a ******* professional should be able to and we’re meant to have 22 pros + coaches out there. ******* amateurs.

Burton - ok I guess

Rozee - ok I guess. Held (quite literally) from his performances of the last few weeks. We’ve become reliant on his takeaways at stoppages, and I posted last week that as soon as teams realise they can outright hold him and not get called for it we will be ****ed. Lo and behold, I present geelongs master plan formulated during the week to beat us. Again, if I can see it why can’t any of our ******* high paid professionals see it coming? Rozee is going to have to figure a way around it, cause the umps aren’t going to protect you dumbass.

Finlayson- eh. Didn’t get much chance with the way we were going forward, but that was a ******* easy goal for an amateur, much less a guy who came here with a reputation as a deadeye dick. After that miss Geelong kicked away a bit.

Clurey - meh, tried a bit, wasn’t horrible but well beaten in the end

Marshall - tried hard, made a impact with a few touches. Couldn’t save us from ourselves.

Georgiades- worked up the ground for a few marks, another week another couple of behinds. Has gone backwards this season.

Jonas - I’m angry as *. What an insipid performance. When in the pregame they joked about how they asked our coach what Jonas would need to do to get back into the side and Hinkley said breathe … I had a feeling that it was going to be so so perfect ******* port that Jonas goes on to be the big bumbling buffoon that we know he can be. And yes. It happened. I’m beginning to feel like I can see the future we are so predictable. And what did we get? Pure Jonas stupidity. Double fisting balls that no one else is going for. Getting caught being too slow with the ball. Bullocking over his own players. Hack kicks to the opposition. It was like all his greatest hits. What a ******* horrible ******* game from our captain. Give up the number 1 asap Tom.

Alir - meh. Tried a bit but under the pump and couldn’t do his thing.

Jones - he’s like a Jonas clone only smaller. I can’t wait until Bergman is back into the side.

Motlop - last week I said motlop might be the biggest downhill skier our club has ever fielded. Try to tell me I’m wrong, I dare you.

Spp - effort was there, but meh

Imagine having the reigning brownlow medallist and Jonas still being captain.

LolPort

It said EVERYTHING about mindset when old mate double fisted an uncontested mark in the first 5 minutes of the game.

The "gee it's hard to win down here" narrative was layed out by the club during the week. All prep to soften the blow of a predictable loss. A club with self respect would back itself in.
Yep. Die was cast in Hinkley the loser's pre game spiel of "we've played everywhere 3 of the last 4 weeks". Loser speak from the biggest loser of all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee that was pretty predictable.

We win a few games by lowering focusing lowering the eyes and picking out kfs over bombing it, and our mids running and carrying the ball out of stoppages more rather than handballing to stagnant players

What do we do? Go back to bombing it long and handballing inside a phone box until the pressure builds into a turnover.

Probably the worst handballing I’ve ever seen. We didn’t just slightly miss time them or miss teammates by a bit, we often had entire chains of 3-4 handballs that only travelled halfway to their opponents. Just seeing that once or twice would have been amazingly shocking but it was like that all through the game. It’s like we trained with balloons all week and then we’re shocked by the weight of this oblong shaped ball our players have grown up with in their hands for decades. I’m gobsmacked that professionals were so bad at executing the simplest skill that i expect children without coaching playing in their backyards to have mastered. Its not good enough.

Our backline was super reliable a few years back. Whether our team was good or not good, we were still always pretty reliable on everything other than the over the top joe the gooses that cut us up. The last two years our backline has been a ******* mess. We are super reliant on teams not checking Alir and flankers like burton and Houston to save us.

The umpires were outright cheats. Let’s not ever ever ever pretend that we get a legitimate chance to compete in this league. Besides the whole comp being compromised in a dozen different ways the umps clearly cannot be trusted to be impartial.

Houston - good

Wines - good, but his clearance game is well down on where it should be. Getting fewer and less impactful

Butters - tried to do too much and cost us so many times. Really needs a talking to by the coaching department or a leader at the club.

Amon - ok I guess. Maybe. Didn’t look like he cared today.

Farrell- bright spark in a s**t day

Dumont - ok I guess. One of the culprits of our bad disposal brigade, but could level that criticism at most of our players

Boak - 25d and must have butchered most of them. Absolute criminal performance where he looked cooked

Dbj - all effort no skills

Gray - tried to save us by dragging his corpse through barb wire. Mind is willing but body is cooked.

Drew - ok I guess.

Hayes - hmmmm. For where he is at only a few games into his career today he competed really well. Found more of it, got his hands to it in the ruck. Geelong players ran off him a bit as to be expected.

But duck me hayes, 5 mins into the game I could see the umps where throwing the ball up short at every single ******* throw in, and not bouncing the ball properly either through incompetence or cheating and why did it take you nearly 2 qtrs to adjust? Use your head kid. And where are our leaders that should have had a word to Hayes? If I can see it, then a ******* professional should be able to and we’re meant to have 22 pros + coaches out there. ******* amateurs.

Burton - ok I guess

Rozee - ok I guess. Held (quite literally) from his performances of the last few weeks. We’ve become reliant on his takeaways at stoppages, and I posted last week that as soon as teams realise they can outright hold him and not get called for it we will be ducked. Lo and behold, I present geelongs master plan formulated during the week to beat us. Again, if I can see it why can’t any of our ******* high paid professionals see it coming? Rozee is going to have to figure a way around it, cause the umps aren’t going to protect you dumbass.

Finlayson- eh. Didn’t get much chance with the way we were going forward, but that was a ******* easy goal for an amateur, much less a guy who came here with a reputation as a deadeye dick. After that miss Geelong kicked away a bit.

Clurey - meh, tried a bit, wasn’t horrible but well beaten in the end

Marshall - tried hard, made a impact with a few touches. Couldn’t save us from ourselves.

Georgiades- worked up the ground for a few marks, another week another couple of behinds. Has gone backwards this season.

Jonas - I’m angry as duck. What an insipid performance. When in the pregame they joked about how they asked our coach what Jonas would need to do to get back into the side and Hinkley said breathe … I had a feeling that it was going to be so so perfect ******* port that Jonas goes on to be the big bumbling buffoon that we know he can be. And yes. It happened. I’m beginning to feel like I can see the future we are so predictable. And what did we get? Pure Jonas stupidity. Double fisting balls that no one else is going for. Getting caught being too slow with the ball. Bullocking over his own players. Hack kicks to the opposition. It was like all his greatest hits. What a ******* horrible ******* game from our captain. Give up the number 1 asap Tom.

Alir - meh. Tried a bit but under the pump and couldn’t do his thing.

Jones - he’s like a Jonas clone only smaller. I can’t wait until Bergman is back into the side.

Motlop - last week I said motlop might be the biggest downhill skier our club has ever fielded. Try to tell me I’m wrong, I dare you.

Spp - effort was there, but meh
yeah the afl is a consistently rigged cheat competition.
i mean almost every ump is from a selected list of private school bum buddies.
i recall 6 afl umpires attending hodges 30th.
they all went to the same private school
coincidnece. professional distancing. ? no they were all unabashed ass lickers.

Last edited:
Yep. Die was cast in Hinkley the loser's pre game spiel of "we've played everywhere 3 of the last 4 weeks". Loser speak from the biggest loser of all.

The slime is all about saving his career. He gives absolutely zero *s about the club

Thought we could have won that at the half time break 🥺
Me too, but my caveat was that we needed to be courageous and hit the contest harder, because Geelong had out muscled us at the contests that half, whilst we had played keepings off footy.

We always knew the Cats were going to play tough contested footy all game long that would stifle our uncontested style. If we could lift and match them after the break, we were a real chance.

Instead we kept chippy chip chipping it around, the Cats closed us down, we reverted to Kernball and began bombing it high in expectation that Dixon will be back soon, and that is what we will revert to - game over.

The coach is a one trick pony.
Too many players don't have the ticker for brave, contested footy.
We are light years away from a flag.
The truth is just so sad to acknowledge :huh::'(

One positive to come out of a s**t day is Kane Farrell firmly establishing himself in our 22. Now 4 games back from ACL continues ripping form:

18 disposals
89% efficiency
7 Marks
14 pressure acts
585 metres gained
2 lovely goals
All in 94mins game time

He has copped heaps of flack (from me too) in the past for being a sub par 10 touch player. Now no longer pigeonholed as a HFF/Forward pocket and instead a winger, he has taken Duursmas role and made it his own. Today was the first time i’ve seen him lace out, hit some darts onto chests multiple times which should of lead to more goals just poor finishing or fumbles from us. Instead of belting it 50m into the wilderness which he did in the past. Always capable of hurting the opposition, it is impressive to see a high disposals count with such hurt factor. Today is the his standard. Well done Kanw.
Clarko loves left footers who can use it well :)

Oh, and despite being a team of geriatrics, they out ran us and worked much harder both ways all game long.
We must be the laziest bunch of ******* overpaid athletes going around.

Consistently don't chase opp oponents.
Start off in front and get run past and finish second to the ball.

Bloody run until you drop you bunch of ******s. Don't you dare come off the ground barely breathing hard ever again!!!

This year has a very 2015/16 stink to it. Over the season and in games themselves, you'll see glimpses - but there won't be enough consistency to maintain a run nor enough quality to win against good teams. Last third of the season is going to be an absolute chore.

How Port clattered this team in a Qualifying Final eight months ago is beyond me - that was their last great performance.

I didn't watch. Seems like the only thing missing from typical Hinkley the game where we are outplayed and he fails to adjust, were the 2-3 last qtr junk time goals to bring it back to a 15-20 loss so nothing ever needs to change

I didn't watch. Seems like the only thing missing from typical Hinkley the game where we are outplayed and he fails to adjust, were the 2-3 last qtr junk time goals to bring it back to a 15-20 loss so nothing ever needs to change
there seem to be 2 main themes. first is hinkely is gone, fine. second is that geelong and the afl are systematic cheats.
yes the afl are a systematic cheat orginasation. cheats and scoundrels from the top down. everyone knows it.
it is truly a joint victorain cheat fest. been the same way for decades.
but what we can control is the week to week outcomes despite the week to week afl scheduled cheatintg
who is the head of the afl? which club did he play for?
which club did demetriou the fat, decrepit, legally compromised, slandered pig, who failed to comply with federal police, and slunk into his pig pit to avoid questioning? wow what a champ.
this is the calibre of low life degenerates who are the afl ceo's. now we see another decline, another season with a ward who is keen to fall on their sword./
anyone with any corporate brain understands this to be a fall on your sword situation to avoid public prosecution situation.
but yet here we are. another afl ceo with nfi diving on the sword. and a continuing tradition of afl umpiring tampering for his own reward

Last edited:
We have a lot of energizer bunny like players that just need to calm the * down when they have the ball and give the first option instead of doing spins twists playing for frees or over comitting; im looking at butters rozee jones motlop. Take SPP as an example, worked on this and its out of his game for the most part. Still does a fend off here and there but not every single contest. Bonner and Bergman have less bombscare moments and hold up more in bigger games

there seem to be 2 main themes. first is hinkely is gone, fine. second is that geelong and the afl are systematic cheats.
yes the afl are a systematic cheat orgainisation. cheats and scoundrels from the top down. everyone knows it.
it is truly a joint victorain joint fest.
but what we can control is the week to week outcomes despite the week to week afl scheduled cheatintg
A question for you.
I'm just curious as to whether you think the AFL are systematic cheats?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back