Preview Round 16, 2022: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Friday 1st July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 68 81.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think 13 wins would have been an acceptable result after sitting 8-3 with the run home. If you had told me that at the start of the year I would have been ecstatic, as like you I don't think the list is that good.

I thought 11 wins was realistic at the start of the year. Reality is I think that is probably about where we end up. However, feels very disappointing after sitting 8-3 and blowing the Port game.

Missing finals is going to be a tough pill to swallow after that start. Unfortunately, if you look at the run home for us versus the teams around us it is pretty clear finals are not happening.

The list is a long way off.
Yep I had us 9 to 11 wins at the start of year. Unfortunately it seems I will be right for the first time ever. I thought our only hope was gresh and Clark becoming very good mids. Clark was stuffed from the start. Gresh was vital in our early wins but he is now vital in our latest losses. Lost form badly. Need it back as he provides a difference to our other mids.

C’mon Ratts 😬

xLPEW0C.gif

Don’t know where Buckley gets that we play with dare from. We were scoring from turnover to start the year but even when we were playing well we were near the bottom for transitioning from D50 to F50. I think the best we got to was 13th in that stat. I’d say we’re petrified of exposing our ordinary defense so we play it safe in the back half.

Weitering not playing really doesn’t make much difference because I doubt the ball will be going down there anyway. Teams that win the ball and move it quickly are our worst nightmare. This won’t be close but hopefully we see some good signs from some of the younger guys.

I think Ratts and the selectors, plus injuries, and a disorganised forward line, have totally unbalanced the team...they don't know what they are doing over the last couple of weeks. Crouch has lost form and Steele is a couple of games off his best form, and Jones not having much impact.
Our depth turned out to be not that deep. Our forward line is all sorts of shite...and our mids are a sorry bunch of misfits that seem unsure in how best to go about their jobs.

Don’t know where Buckley gets that we play with dare from. We were scoring from turnover to start the year but even when we were playing well we were near the bottom for transitioning from D50 to F50. I think the best we got to was 13th in that stat. I’d say we’re petrified of exposing our ordinary defense so we play it safe in the back half.

Weitering not playing really doesn’t make much difference because I doubt the ball will be going down there anyway. Teams that win the ball and move it quickly are our worst nightmare. This won’t be close but hopefully we see some good signs from some of the younger guys.
Interesting but have you got any negative thoughts about the game?

So what are hill and sinclair doing when playing well? Running hard and fast. And you can have dare from the midfield. Our stats were one of the best from midfield. As soon as Steele went out we dropped to last on some stats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You on your rags today boss? Have hardly seen anyone complaining except that Highmore is unlucky?
You always seem to respond when I post a general comment defending everyone on the forum like you are some arbiter.

And cut the 1970's mysognist s**t, you might be an old prick but that stereotypical sexist crap when out 25 years ago.

Wake up to yourself.

Last edited:
Shouldn't with you either. You have daughters, you like hearing stuff from the 70's demeaning women with stereotypes?

Pretty disgusting if you ask me.
I wasn’t agreeing he should say that. I did when I was 15. That was 45 years ago. I actually hate that comment. I’m all for polictially incorrect but not that stuff.

I wasn’t agreeing he should say that. I did when I was 15. That was 45 years ago. I actually hate that comment. I’m all for polictially incorrect but not that stuff.
Sometimes the real person shows their true self in posts.

Anyway talking about being on the rags got him some likes.

The idea of a "cohesive" game plan is a red herring, if you listen to the coaches they generally all rely on pressure and turnovers as well as clearances, pressure the opposition defensively however you can to create turnovers, as well as win clearances to attack through precision passing or go long and get pressure in the forward line to score.

I would say our gameplan was cohesive because we were really good at that and really that's what most teams are trying to do.
Shocked they don't talk publicly about what their structures are and their different modes of ball movement🤣

Yep I had us 9 to 11 wins at the start of year. Unfortunately it seems I will be right for the first time ever. I thought our only hope was gresh and Clark becoming very good mids. Clark was stuffed from the start. Gresh was vital in our early wins but he is now vital in our latest losses. Lost form badly. Need it back as he provides a difference to our other mids.
Unfortunately Gresh is not a good mid in that he isn’t the most dynamic kick. He kicks the odd goal like all good small forwards do, but unless he’s deeper and quicker with his kicking (and kicks off the ground less), he’s clogging up a midfield place.

Obviously the team sheets are not meant to be taken too seriously these days, but what's up with Windhager?

Named at CHF which is a bit of a laugh, with Marshall and King the true key forwards in that front six.

But are you guys expecting Windhager to play as a genuine forward for most of this match?

By that I mean, do you expect he will be spending most of his time in that forward mix?

Kicked 1.1 last week when his team managed only four in total, seems like he has the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back