Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 19 - Dogs v Demons Sat July 23rd 7:25pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Dees you had one job. Thanks for making us finish 9th. Least you clearly won’t win this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the replay, that call on gawn HTB was definitely there, grabbed the ball and tried to run, had plenty of prior.
WB run: Geelong, Freo, GWS & the Hawks, wonder if they can stay in the 8?
Should be - grab the ball from the ruck and get tackled, instant htb

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I have mixed feelings about Weightman, I don’t like the playing for free kicks but it’s hard to hate him off the field. Really loves his footy.

Love his enthusiasm, he can spark you with a big mark or goal. Usually a straight kick for goal.

Loves life, loves footy, loves his team mates and he'll work the free kick stuff out of his game.

Dogs were on the end on some horrible calls. Dees rucks continually grabbing the ball from a boundary throw with incorrect disposal or HTB and not being penalised. The Johanneson HTB was a shocker, Garcia or West in the back and had his head ripped off and paid HTB. Johanneson smashed in the back of the head and no 50 metre penalty. May given a soft free on the boundary at a crucial time. The umpires continually favour the Dees and it’s sickening to watch as a neutral.. they don’t need any help, so don’t give it!

So pleased to see Gawn finally pinged in the last quarter and the dogs get up.

Pretty hard to argue that the Dogs copped a raw deal from the umpires when the free kick count was 22-13 in their favour, the Dees got a few lucky calls their way but not as many as the Dogs got.

Having said that the Dees still should have won that game with all the chances they had, they should have buried the Dogs but let them off the hook.

The inconsistency will inherently be there because there are three different field umpires.

I don't believe any umpires go out there and are consciously biased, however I've seen enough to be certain they are at least sub consciously (and maybe consciously in some cases) influenced by appeasing loud crowds, being lenient on star players, and being harsh on players who get a reputation for milking frees.

I can't recall ever seeing a player get away with as much as Bontempelli. It's really something else.

You should watch how these umpires looked after Petracca tonight then.

It’s not a new thing. All “star” players get looked after. Bont - yes. But also Petracca and Oliver? Yes. Selwood and Dangerfield? Yes.

Don’t pretend it’s only the other stars that get looked after. It’s disengenous. Oliver and Petracca get it too.

What a high scoring day of footy. 10 teams scored 1012 points.
First team to score 100 against Melbourne in 1,092 days. Credit where it's due

The inconsistency will inherently be there because there are three different field umpires.

I don't believe any umpires go out there and are consciously biased, however I've seen enough to be certain they are at least sub consciously (and maybe consciously in some cases) influenced by appeasing loud crowds, being lenient on star players, and being harsh on players who get a reputation for milking frees.

I can't recall ever seeing a player get away with as much as Bontempelli. It's really something else.
I just don't get this ridiculous line of thinking. Each umpire has to go through video reviews each week and gets marked by a team of observers who call them out for every free they pay or don't pay. Make enough bad calls and you get others taking your spot on the ground, missing our on finals, etc. Mistakes certainly happen but not to the extent the average fan makes out.

how was the petracca tackle on bontempelli not called holding the ball? he had prior upon prior and went to go and handball and completely missed the thing. If that isn't a prime example of umpires trying to get the bulldogs over the line then I don't know what is.

The Garcia fend off and non holding the ball was just as corrupt. I don't give the dogs any credit for that win. The umps contributed about 7 goals.
mr-bean-thank-you.gif

You should watch how these umpires looked after Petracca tonight then.

It’s not a new thing. All “star” players get looked after. Bont - yes. But also Petracca and Oliver? Yes. Selwood and Dangerfield? Yes.

Don’t pretend it’s only the other stars that get looked after. It’s disengenous. Oliver and Petracca get it too.
Someone’s sensitive.

why would I? he's a gift that the dogs should have no rights to. So not only should the dogs not have him but we should have Mac Andrew. Another example of the continued corruption by the afl to give the dogs a massive leg up.
The Dogs shouldn't have JUH but Melbourne should have Mac Andrew? Logic 101 :tearsofjoy:

Pretty hard to argue that the Dogs copped a raw deal from the umpires when the free kick count was 22-13 in their favour, the Dees got a few lucky calls their way but not as many as the Dogs got.

Having said that the Dees still should have won that game with all the chances they had, they should have buried the Dogs but let them off the hook.
Are you still upset about Bevo not going to the saints?

Let it go. This is some weird 6 year obsession that you have

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Back