Analysis Grundy, Cox and Cameron Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t mean we should bin the whole idea. We also had Kreuger in that team.

If we treat Cameron as a stay at home forward and then rotate cox and Grundy it just might work.

Be interesting to see how we go about selection in a couple of weeks when Grundy will come back to the side, after his VFL hit-out, l guess....

Hey Pies fans, glad to see you beat the Bombers, turned it off just before early dinner with baby and thought it was sadly over, then saw you'd won at the death and was stoked. Yes, weird to hear a Richmond supporter stoked about a Pies win, not only because I'm supposed to dislike you but especially given your W/L record now assures there's only one spot left in the 8 for us to fight over (let's be real we're not making it which is crazy really...), but I just really hate the Bombers, they have taken so much from us in the past 4 years, sickens me watching them thinking they are us circa 2017.

I digress big time.

I came to ask, outside of the injury what's all this talk of Grundy potentially not being selected due to the "emergence" of Cameron? Having watched him against Draper he looked pretty average. Can't imagine a universe where swapping him for a fit Grundy won't improve your team, Grundy at his best is an absolute gun, whilst Cameron is pretty vanilla.

Keen to hear your takes, cheers.

Hey Pies fans, glad to see you beat the Bombers, turned it off just before early dinner with baby and thought it was sadly over, then saw you'd won at the death and was stoked. Yes, weird to hear a Richmond supporter stoked about a Pies win, not only because I'm supposed to dislike you but especially given your W/L record now assures there's only one spot left in the 8 for us to fight over (let's be real we're not making it which is crazy really...), but I just really hate the Bombers, they have taken so much from us in the past 4 years, sickens me watching them thinking they are us circa 2017.

I digress big time.

I came to ask, outside of the injury what's all this talk of Grundy potentially not being selected due to the "emergence" of Cameron? Having watched him against Draper he looked pretty average. Can't imagine a universe where swapping him for a fit Grundy won't improve your team, Grundy at his best is an absolute gun, whilst Cameron is pretty vanilla.

I'll swap you Grundy for Lynch

I digress big time.

Grundy isn’t being overlooked for anybody. After a long layoff he’s probably going to have a run in the vfl first.

I digress big time.

Hey Tigger Fan,
That was easily Cameron's worst game for the year. Personally I prefer a Grundy, Cameron combo with Cox as back-up in the ressies. Want to keep Grundy coz he definitely makes us better.
Cheers

Has anyone mentioned Cameron's perfect pass to Carmichael in the last quarter that led to his first goal?
PEREFCT!!!

It was neat. The team are playing for each other and taking the right options. When a team is up and about they will make the right choices. They will also kick to inexperienced players if they are in the best position and trust them 100 percent to get the job done. The same happened with Bianco. Teams not playing well tend to ignore certain players even though they are in great positions, because there’s a lack of trust.

The kick itself didn’t take an awful lot of skill though. However it does say to me that if we play all three that Cameron should be the stay at home forward as that’s where he’s of most value.

Say we were to do real damage in September. I wonder if Cox is the key. We’ve seen he can turn it on. He’s also grown in his role - perhaps more believing he belongs. If we go deep into the finals, I’m predicting it’s on the back of Cox stringing two or three blinders together. I think HE’s our potential X-factor. It’s where we’re lacking - forward 50 pack marks when the whips are cracking. If he delivers, I reckon we’re on. If he doesn’t, maybe a finals win or two at most.

If Grundy is fit enough, traditional ruck rover roll. Cox/Cameron sharing forward and back half duties. Mihocek becomes a threat then too - getting second defender. (Perhaps too top heavy for a wet day tho.)

As an aside, Carmichael and Johnson have to stay. That doesn’t bode well for Oliver and Ruscoe. WHE lucky - but I think the sprinkling of older heads shouldn’t be underestimated. Not sure how Bianco fits - but he’s showing something. I wonder if Ginni is becoming tenuous. McCreery probably stays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron doesn't deliver we bring in Cox.
It's times like this you need Big Jim Slade!

HS5G

It was neat. The team are playing for each other and taking the right options. When a team is up and about they will make the right choices. They will also kick to inexperienced players if they are in the best position and trust them 100 percent to get the job done. The same happened with Bianco. Teams not playing well tend to ignore certain players even though they are in great positions, because there’s a lack of trust.

The kick itself didn’t take an awful lot of skill though. However it does say to me that if we play all three that Cameron should be the stay at home forward as that’s where he’s of most value.
In between 2 players into the forward line. I think it took some skill.

I digress big time.

The official word out of the club (make of it what you will) is that they want to set up Grundy for success, so they want his fitness to be cherry ripe before he returns to senior footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back