Your team's 3 most naturally talented players

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd- need i say more

Kerr- looks as though he was born with footy in hand

Hurn- Has some very Judd-like qualities, gifted sportsman.

Sampi is sooo over-rated, lovett, betts (obviously), and neon far better

Nathan Ablett in - Chapman out.

Just my opinion. Its up to Nathan to use it now.

Caleb Mourish is one to watch for the Dockers in this department aswell.

No way, Chapman is one of the best 10 players in the league I think. And Nathan will never be as good as Gary.

Judd- need i say more

Kerr- looks as though he was born with footy in hand

Hurn- Has some very Judd-like qualities, gifted sportsman.

Sampi is sooo over-rated, lovett, betts (obviously), and neon far better

I think Nicoski is more naturally talented than Kerr. Obviously Kerr is the better player, but i think it's due to the work he put in. Just my opinion:)

Kennelly
Malceski
O'Loughin (some will argue. His knees have left him down over some time, but there is no doubting his talent. He plays on talent alone this days).

(I could say Davis, and he is incredibly talented but lazy)

I'd definitely put davis in there.

Goodes maybe?

Wirra- silky smooth skill
Judd- What needs to be said?
Kerr- Not just hard at it but great split-second skills.

Sure we can only name 3? :D

Bartel and Chapman are not 'naturally talented', they're hard at it work horses who have a big impact on games not through moments of brilliance but through consistent high level performances.

I'd have the Ablett boys, SJ, Varcoe and Wojcinski and Stokes to a lesser degree as our 'naturally talented' players (probably in that order IMO).

:eek: :thumbsdown:

You are completely and utterly wrong !!!

Smith = One of the most overated payers ever to done the brown and gold...

2 time All-Australian. If you think that the guy wasn't at one point an elite footballer, you are a fool. As he is still on our list and this thread asks about those that are naturally talented, he qualifies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 time All-Australian. If you think that the guy wasn't at one point an elite footballer, you are a fool. As he is still on our list and this thread asks about those that are naturally talented, he qualifies.

Joel Smith's disposal is disgraceful.

Good player when he was at his top but in the most talented 3 at Hawthorn?? Surely not.

Bartel and Chapman are not 'naturally talented', they're hard at it work horses who have a big impact on games not through moments of brilliance but through consistent high level performances.

I'd have the Ablett boys, SJ, Varcoe and Wojcinski and Stokes to a lesser degree as our 'naturally talented' players (probably in that order IMO).

I agree with this.

My top 3 would be

1. Gary Ablett
2. Steve Johnson
3. Nathan Ablett

Honourable mentions to Hawkins, Ottens and Varcoe

You want Natural Talent? Go take a look a Clayton Collard play football, The kid oozes talent...Well you all WILL get a glimpse on Friday night.

Headland
Hasleby

All time at Freo.
Clem Michael, what could have been :mad:

I agree with this.

My top 3 would be

1. Gary Ablett
2. Steve Johnson
3. Nathan Ablett

Honourable mentions to Hawkins, Ottens and Varcoe

Ottens is not naturally talented IMO.

One that many cat supporters are leaving out is J. Selwood. He has serious natural ability. I also agree with the above top 3.

I think a lot of people are getting mixed up with what 'naturally talented' is. Fletcher is naturally talented? He is a champion, the most underrated fullback, THE best full back in the last 10 years, easily. But he isn't naturally talented. He is very talented with majority aspects of a players game. But isnt in the top 3 most naturally talented players in Essendon.

That was just an example, I wasnt singling out Essendon.

My answers in regards to Collingwood's most naturally talented players;

Buckley; Doesn't/never did have that 'showpony' flair of a Didak, but definitely more naturally talented then anyone at CFC.

Didak; It'd be quite stereotypical to say this, but I think its partially true, you'd say that his Croatian background gives him that soccer-ish talent where he is magical with the footy. He is a freak. Very naturally talented.

Davis; This guy can do anything with the footy. He is one of the most accurate kicks of the football at Collingwood and has been in the AFL well over 5-6 years yet never ceases to amaze us Magpie faithful. Like some others named on this thread, isnt the best OVERALL player, but does have great natural talent.

Other honourable mentions;

Chris Egan, Scott Pendlebury, Heath Shaw (maybe?), Dale Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back