Toast NMFC members voicing their displeasure at umpiring - great job members wing!

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel the pain, cant say I condone throwing stuff on the ground.
What is crystal clear is 4 Umpires has been nothing short of a disaster and the sooner we go back to three umpires the better.

It's one of those weird footy things, can't say I condone it, but absolutely friggin brilliant to see that passion, havent seen it since we stood up to the GC relocation push. So in the end I guess I do condone it. We became a bit sterile and goody two-shoes during the Brayshaw/Scott years, good to see an us-against-them vibe coming back. There just needs to be more of us in the future 💪🔵 ⚪

To clarify for anyone who wasnt there, everybody assumed the free was for some bullshit umpire dissent or the like. That's why everyone went ape shisen.

Piss off.

North Melbourne’s own Gerard Whately.

Fair enough. We’ll agree to differ. We both support North. We have that, at least, P. I’ll follow your advice. It was a tough day. Comparing me to that creep cuts deep, I have to admit. Cruel but fair. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't blame the North fans for going nuts because at the end of the day after a loss, we would like to leave a game going 'look, we lost and the team we played against simply just got the better of us and we move on' instead of the way it went down today.

There's losing fairly, unfairly and then there is what happened today. What happened today was a sad day for football and the four in green gave us the worst of those days.

I could not give a flying *. The criticism is deserved. The AFL can hum on my balls. Good on our own for sticking up for the club. We have a spine unlike the team we played against that now exists as a shadow of what it once was.

We were robbed all day. I lost my voice yelling at the umpires. Passion was high and nobody knew what the free kick was for. I thought it was great to see. Just disappointed for the first game all year I brought my own posh water bottle

I don't blame the North fans for going nuts because at the end of the day after a loss, we would like to leave a game going 'look, we lost and the team we played against simply just got the better of us and we move on' instead of the way it went down today.

There's losing fairly, unfairly and then there is what happened today. What happened today was a sad day for football and the four in green gave us the worst of those days.

I could not give a flying *. The criticism is deserved. The AFL can hum on my balls. Good on our own for sticking up for the club. We have a spine unlike the team we played against that now exists as
A big F you to the AFL. Thanks for ruining another game and losing a bit more love.
A mad North and hysterical 10 year old son got a leave pass today!

Ironically one of the reasons we weren’t allowed initially into the VFL. Old habits are hard to break even if it’s a much less vigorous attack on the officials. I think once our supporters stoned the umpire of the day lol
With stones or weed?

I could not give a flying *. The criticism is deserved. The AFL can hum on my balls. Good on our own for sticking up for the club. We have a spine unlike the team we played against that now exists as a shadow of what it once was.

Not just today is it though? We get routinely arse reamed by the AFL and their umpiring dept. Today’s AFL is about as real as WWF wrestling

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just today is it though? We get routinely arse reamed by the AFL and their umpiring dept. Today’s AFL is about as real as WWF wrestling

Definitely not just today. I was there against Carlton, I was there against the Dogs in 2016 etc.

We just get shafted because it's us. Everything about us is anti what the AFL wants.

Last edited by a moderator:
That game was atrociously officiated, and the members wing let the umpires know it all game.
It culminated in extreme displeasure being demonstrated at the final siren by members throwing rubbish on to the playing surface.
Remarkably, I think that is a positive thing. Hear me out;

For too long the standard of umpring has been in the toilet, and the entire sport is suffering because of it.
And as fans, we have no recourse other than yelling, boos, and voting with our wallet (that hurts our club before it hurts the league itself).

But today at the end of the game, in scenes I've not seen in modern footy, the members wing started throwing all their rubbish on to the playing surface. And it felt righteous and justified.

I'm proud of my fellow members tonight. No more meekly accepting the fisting we regularly get from the umpires. Tonight set a new standard of p

I reckon our supporters were great. Umpiring was ******* appalling. They need to cop it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Child.

Definitely not just today. I was there against Carlton, I was there against the Dogs in 2016 etc.

We just get shafted because it's us. Everything about us is anti what the AFL wants.

Totally. It’s so ****ed. Pitch invasion entirely justified IMO. Crooked AFL ******* us with their corrupt umps while driving the league’s most decorated coach out of the game on the basis of anonymous and unsubstantiated claims.

The umpiring was atrocious, has been all year. But not for one minute do I believe that there's some sort of agenda to fu*K us over. Anyone who does is seriously deluded, if you've never tried umpiring a game you should probably shut the f*ck up.

You had a terrible game today Leigh, as good an umpire as a player at St Kilda.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

The umpiring was atrocious, has been all year. But not for one minute do I believe that there's some sort of agenda to fu*K us over. Anyone who does is seriously deluded, if you've never tried umpiring a game you should probably shut the f*ck up.
Oh really.. it happens to us far too often for it to be a coincidence!!
I have no doubt the AFL are still pissed off with us for not accepting the relocation package to the GC. Nothing anyone says can convince me otherwise…

That game was atrociously officiated, and the members wing let the umpires know it all game.
It culminated in extreme displeasure being demonstrated at the final siren by members throwing rubbish on to the playing surface.
Remarkably, I think that is a positive thing. Hear me out;

For too long the standard of umpring has been in the toilet, and the entire sport is suffering because of it.
And as fans, we have no recourse other than yelling, boos, and voting with our wallet (that hurts our club before it hurts the league itself).

But today at the end of the game, in scenes I've not seen in modern footy, the members wing started throwing all their rubbish on to the playing surface. And it felt righteous and justified.

I'm proud of my fellow members tonight. No more meekly accepting the fisting we regularly get from the umpires. Tonight set a new standard of fan remonstration.
bwahahahah. Every single club thinks the umps are against them.

I've got some questions for you:
1) What have you done to try and make the standard of umpiring better?
2) have you ever volunteered your time to umpire a game?
3) Do you honestly think the umpires play favourites?
4) Have you any idea what the Frees Against V Frees For ratio is for us over the last 5 years?

this 1000 times over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back