Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is anyone OK with a succession plan?

If Carr is the best available candidate, then he'll win the role in a competitive open selection process. If he's not, we shouldn't be offering him the job first.

Just once, it would be nice if this club took recruitment seriously.
I'm at the point where I'll accept anything that puts an end date on this nightmare and a timeframe on Port Adelaide returning.

Gerard Wankly at his absolute pretentious best. Imagine being so infatuated with the part time Greyhound trainer that you’re willing to label half of all Port supporters the ‘Lunatic Fringe’.
I'm collecting names for my Traditional Port Values Supporters group.

The White Noise
The Lunatic Fringe
The Lack Of Intelligence

Any more?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is anyone OK with a succession plan?

If Carr is the best available candidate, then he'll win the role in a competitive open selection process. If he's not, we shouldn't be offering him the job first.

Just once, it would be nice if this club took recruitment seriously.
There is talk of Carr saying he's not quite ready to take over the role of head coach just yet. Only here say so who knows.

Let's hope they at least add a last right of refusal into Carr's contract.

I.e. if he gets a senior coaching gig elsewhere we have the chance to math it.

Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat

I'm collecting names for my Traditional Port Values Supporters group.

The White Noise
The Lunatic Fringe
The Lack Of Intelligence

Any more?

Imagine how WGT felt when he was told to go and learn about Port Adelaide.
A Port champion, premiership player, captain, with Port in his family and veins.

So you could use, (Go and learn about our club)

Last edited:
You are 100% correct.

They also stand up in big moments when the game is to be won.

Completely different nucleus this year and I think we do very well in finals.

Unpopular opinion but previous years finals falirues was as much to do with the players as it was with the coach.

Inside the 4 walls I think this is known, with an emphasis on recruiting competitors that will stand up in big moments.
Showdowns are not important games for this group of players?

Kock backed the club into a corner by putting a timeframe on negotiations. What a ridiculous thing to do.
Yep that was about as stupid as you can get.
Should have been when season ends including finals.
You wouldn’t believe a professional sporting organisation could be so unprofessional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t be serious, no way is any coach going to get or take a one year offer.
What’s the point of one year? Totally ridiculous.
The Titanic is about to slip under the water and there’s nothing nobody can do to stop it.
I am serious about what I will accept as a supporter and member. I am already being exceedingly accommodating given that Hinkley has overstayed for at least 5 seasons. The club will do whatever Koch wants and that is out of my hands.

I agree.

It's like we all know it will implode and become untenable so why f**k around with it. Just let him go.
Nothing has changed for me - as long as Ken is being paid to remain at Alberton, I'll continue to watch games on TV.

There is talk of Carr saying he's not quite ready to take over the role of head coach just yet. Only here say so who knows

He's just moved to Adelaide to be closer to his wife's family and, if he's going to get a senior coaching job one way or the other, it's probably better for Carr and his family to take a job in Adelaide in the next year or two than to move to Melbourne right now.

I'm at the point where I'll accept anything that puts an end date on this nightmare and a timeframe on Port Adelaide returning.

If we choose to expend our energy on media spin after promoting from within rather than expending that energy on a proper recruitment process, then we're not Port Adelaide - we're still the Keninkley Football Club.

He's just moved to Adelaide to be closer to his wife's family and, if he's going to get a senior coaching job one way or the other, it's probably better for Carr and his family to take a job in Adelaide in the next year or two than to move to Melbourne right now.

If we choose to expend our energy on media spin after promoting from within rather than expending that energy on a proper recruitment process, then we're not Port Adelaide - we're still the Keninkley Football Club.
I reckon the Butters, Rozee, JHF aspect has been undersold in a lot of the Carr decision discussions.

He's no fool. He knows how good this midfield can be and when it will likely peak.

It's been fairly obvious during his tenure that if Koch had been around in the days of eunuchs guarding the sultan's harem there would have been no need for him to be given the snip to get the gig because his cojones wouldn't have been prominent enough for a snip to be necessary, but geez if there is any truth to kern getting 2 more years with no succession plan in place for Carr they must be microscopically small.
All of the kids coming out of Koch's harem would look like Hinkley.

If they announce a succession plan, the first thing (other than when) they need to do as part of it, is give Carr the official title of Senior Assistant. At present we've got Cornes, Carr and Bassett on the website getting equal billings as forwards, midfield and defensive coaches.

No one sane wants Hinkley, but if we get Carr as Senior Assistant and promised head coach AND get rid of the dead wood of Bassett, then until Carr takes over it'd be like 2013 at Football Park, when we knew AO was on the way. The promised land is coming, so you can hold on, even if stuck in purgatory awhile longer yet.

This is what should happen:

1. KH is Re-signed on a 3 year contract- with a secret clause that if Josh Carr wants to take over in 2024, 2025 or 2026, KH sees out his contract as Football Manager
2. Josh steps up as senior coach when he is ready to- 2024, 2025 or 2026.
3. There is no announcement of a succession plan- Ken is the coach until he isn’t.
4. Josh and KH come to an understanding but share it with no one- certainly not BigFooty.com.
5. Being Football Manager means Ken still has his skin in the game and gets to help bring to fruition what he started. He would work with the players, which he is good at, but Josh pulls the strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back