Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking complete and utter, documented, factual sense and being labelled a "lunatic fringe" is certainly a strange feeling.

We aren't exactly trying to argue the earth is flat, here. The evidence is in front of everyone, every day, through official AFL channels. Anyone arguing against it is without any actual evidence and purely on vibe/likes the smell of hinkley's swamp crotch.

David King shared a different view, suggesting it’s time for Hinkley and Port Adelaide to go their separate way.

“I don’t like the (potential) reappointment,” King began.

“Since the AFL started, 1990, we’ve had 18 premiership coaches. 15 of the 18 have won a flag in their first five years of coaching. Mark Williams did it in his 6th, Mark Thompson and Damien Hardwick did it in their 8th. There’s no one after that.

“I think it’s a young man’s game. I don’t know what they’re going to do… but to me, those numbers are pretty strong.”

He's not wrong though .
It’s almost like if you consider the facts, Hinkley doesn’t deserve a new contract!

They might be thinking about old mate with the petition.
Oh yeah now old mate Mad Mudie is a lunatic, he's not wrong, but his approach is frighteningly bad.

If they stick to the facts & statistics they will eventually make someone in the media open their eyes, anything else will make them look silly.

There are many stats that Hinkley wont like being floated around.
Which is why we often hear distortions of the facts, such as last year's, "Since 0-5, Port was actually pretty good." Anything to make a stinking turd stink a bit less.

I am serious about what I will accept as a supporter and member. I am already being exceedingly accommodating given that Hinkley has overstayed for at least 5 seasons. The club will do whatever Koch wants and that is out of my hands.
I understand your frustration but what you will accept and what your actually going to get are two different things.

"What's the point of one more 800k payday after already conning the club out of $5m+?"

Best he jog on, then.
There’s no point to it, all I’m saying is it’s delusional to believe they are going to offer him a one year coaching deal with a top 4 finish locked in.
There’s no point to one year, it’s either move him on now or at least a two year extension.
There is only two options not three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My reasoning for my opinion on not being a succession plan.

1. Ken's manager would push for a 3 year deal minimum.

2. Ken may think he's done (screwed enough $$ out of Port) and walk away.

3. Could GC actually be interested in Ken (loser) and offer 3-5 years.

4. Every bad loss the white noise (loyal supporters) will get stuck into him and demand he leaves instantly.

To me he has to get at least a 3 year deal some where or he's done coaching. His manager is paid to look after his long term footy future and would not be doing his job if he just accepts a 2 year deal with a succession plan. Plus I don't think Ken would set himself up for the criticism he would cop if Port fell south on the ladder under a succession plan.

Last edited:
Gerhard’s arguments for keeping Ken are all emotive, intangible nonsense.

King’s a dickhead but at least he’s a dickhead with the facts.

Without actually coming out and saying it, Whateley's argument is basically "I had his poster on my bedroom wall as a kid and I luv him..."

Without actually coming out and saying it, Whateley's argument is basically "I had his poster on my bedroom wall as a kid and I luv him..."

“…but not enough for him to be coaching Geelong”

Hooray for Kingy!!!

A 2 year succession plan is absurd. It is just the Power media throwing stuff out there to work out what they will do next.

Even Whately and Kingy sniffed it out and they are so far up the AFL's clacker, they crap VB's.

I like that he says he doesn’t care. Means he, unemotionally, is pointing out the stupidity of our club’s decision in not letting go of Hinkley way past his use by date, both in age and tenure.
My dislike for King and Whitely is more general, not specific to their opinions on our coaching plans (that haven't even been made public yet anyway).

The "succession plan to appease the Sack Hinkley lunatic fringe" cuts both ways in a sense. If you know Carr is the guy and he's ready to be senior coach now then you're only signing an out of contract Ken to appease the Ken Oath/Happy Clapper lunatic fringe on the other side.

I can tolerate a 1 + 1 succession plan, but only if we make the GF. If we don't get to the GF then sack Hinkley.

2023 Membership Update 14th of August

MEM23_AFL_MembershipCounter-1408.jpg

Increase of 1,673 members within the same day (14th of August)
Averaging (7 years) 59,553 members at the end of July
Increase likely due to AFLW members (3000+)

*Note - Port have beaten the membership record of 63,240 set in 2022

Coaching announcement tomorrow on the back of Record Membership

It's coming

Talking complete and utter, documented, factual sense and being labelled a "lunatic fringe" is certainly a strange feeling.

We aren't exactly trying to argue the earth is flat, here. The evidence is in front of everyone, every day, through official AFL channels. Anyone arguing against it is without any actual evidence and purely on vibe/likes the smell of hinkley's swamp crotch.

Lol but seriously, anyone reading through this thread would say this is a bastion of the lunatic fringe.

Sure there is reference to his record and rational discussion, but it is severely punctuated by so many examples of people who can't handle the idea of him being extended posting irrational incandescently outraged commentary around greyhound killing, his family, the media illuminati, wishing him all manner of personal misfortune, burn the club to the ground yada yada.

You can hardly hold this up as the pinnacle of dispassionate discourse about Hinkley's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back