No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions are the most talented team. Can they deliver on the bigger stages?
No. I don't think they can. Hahahaha. *edit For context..Port have been well off tonight, and the 4th quarter their match ups look all wrong.

Collingwood and melbourne..know exactly what they do, and bring it. GWS have their tails up.

I do too but I just wish it was Australian music. Getting tired of sweet Caroline goddam.

Don’t give a **** about the jingoism - but Sweet Caroline is a Red Sox thing and it annoys me when other teams/sports co-opt it.

No. I don't think they can. Hahahaha. *edit For context..Port have been well off tonight, and the 4th quarter their match ups look all wrong.

They’re playing as well as Brisbane are letting them. Brisbane have comprehensively beaten them around the park despite Port getting a dream run with umpiring.

Brisbane finally don’t look mentally brittle in September. I wouldn’t want to be playing them at the Gabba in 2 weeks time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again - the entire passage of play lasts 2 seconds from the time he leaves his feet. Everything looks terrible in slow motion. Everything looks possible in slow motion. Count out two seconds and ask yourself if Maynard in that time can try for the spoil, realise he can't effect the spoil so actively decide to correct himself, and hit Brayshaw head on with sinister intent. Personally I am willing to side with footy related accident .

Watching anything in slow mo is good to tell you what happened, but regular speed is reality.I’ve seen this way more at regular speed because I’m a realist. Most footage shows it at the speed it happens, a bunch of on field reaction stuff…. then the slo-mo on a decent delay with a lot of 'Wowee.. but nothing to see here!' from commentators.

I think the thing to consider here is how wide open a guy kicking long is, and whether any contact once the ball has left his boot is within the rules just based on where the ball is.

Guy also misses the ball by a mile, then flushes Brayshaw in the head with a lowered arm and dropped shoulder.

In any contest on the ground that last point alone makes this a report.

That the ball is 20 meters away is just something else going against it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back