Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree, a quick search shows how you were suggesting Geelong might secure Zac Tuohy from Carlton via the PSD but alas Geelong ended up trading for him.
A quick search = going back to posts from 2016? Where I said we may get him in the PSD rather than pretending to be a list manager and threatening PSD like some do in these threads?

Going back through 7 years worth of someones posts to try and prove a point might be possibly one of the most embarassing things I've ever come across on this forum LMAO

A quick search = going back to posts from 2016? Where I said we may get him in the PSD rather than pretending to be a list manager and threatening PSD like some do in these threads?

Going back through 7 years worth of someones posts to try and prove a point might be possibly one of the most embarassing things I've ever come across on this forum LMAO
Do you realise it took me less than 10 seconds - own it champ!

Every time I read a comment threatening PSD I literally feel second hand embarassment for the poster.

Surely owning it is saying yep I said that and I don’t agree with it now?

I love that without fail, every single year, supporters of teams on this board threaten each other with taking the player to the PSD. Every time I read a comment threatening PSD I literally feel second hand embarassment for the poster
No no, you gotta egg them on. Chant with me

RETRAINT OF TRADE! RESTRAINT OF TRADE!

I love that without fail, every single year, supporters of teams on this board threaten each other with taking the player to the PSD. Every time I read a comment threatening PSD I literally feel second hand embarassment for the poster
It wouldn't be happening in this thread if your club wasn't utterly embarrassing itself with its ludicrous trade demands.

How this could have and should have gone is Geelong ask for a reasonable price such as a future second, Port say yes, everyone shakes hands, and the deal gets done 5 minutes into trade week. If Geelong are going to act unreasonably though then they can expect to be treated unreasonably in return. The PSD is a very real option here unless Mackie and Scott come to their senses.

It wouldn't be happening in this thread if your club wasn't utterly embarrassing itself with its ludicrous trade demands.

How this could have and should have gone is Geelong ask for a reasonable price such as a future second, Port say yes, everyone shakes hands, and the deal gets done 5 minutes into trade week. If Geelong are going to act unreasonably though then they can expect to be treated unreasonably in return. The PSD is a very real option here unless Mackie and Scott come to their senses.
Trade week hasn't even started yet LOL, I forget every year but then when silly season starts I'm reminded how utterly ridiculous the DTA board on BF is.

You aren't a list manager at Port mate, stop pretending that you are

Champion Data has Rated Ratugolea BELOW AVERAGE for 2023​

QUOTE from Champion Data: Whichever way you slice the numbers, Ratugolea is not worth a hefty, long-term deal.
A superb athlete and hard worker, he was useful as a key forward and in 2023 he battled to find the ball.
He is generally decent in the air and was a good intercept marker, but is shaky with ball in hand & made some errors in defence.

Disposals8.9Below Average
Marks4.4Below Average
Intercept Marks2.8Above Average
Intercept Possessions5.8Average
Spoils5.6

Best case result: Port tell Mackie and Dodoro to go * themselves, walk Rat and BZT to the PSD, and get them.
Good result: Port get Rat and BZT for a trade price that adequately reflects their ability and uncontracted status, i.e. a couple of mid-to-late second rounders at absolute most.
Disappointing but acceptable result: Port tell Mackie and Dodoro to go * themselves, walk Rat and BZT to the PSD, and don't get them.
'Everyone involved should be sacked' result: Port in any way shape or form give up a first rounder to get either or both of these bog average players in the door.
Yep, Port only need one of either Ratugolea of BZT where for 2023, Chanpion Data has graded BZT higher than Rat's below average rating.

We have a reputation for getting deals done, Wells and Mackie are highly respected in their field.
Just because you don't like teams refusing to roll over for you doesn't make it "eMbArRaSiNg!"

Opposing teams always start high/low and work towards a middle ground. That's negotiating 101.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a reputation for getting deals done, Wells and Mackie are highly respected in their field.
Just because you don't like teams refusing to roll over for you doesn't make it "eMbArRaSiNg!"

Opposing teams always start high/low and work towards a middle ground. That's negotiating 101.
Mackie seems to go the Dodo route of asking for massive overs. Wells the opposite, he is more known for asking for a fairer price then absolutely refusing to budge from that spot.

Reputation for getting deals does!!!

You must be kidding; you duded Rat last year, sold him a pup to stay and now, the Cats are again attempting to rip him off.
It would be a brave decision for any organisation to keep a disgruntled employee festering away on their books.

Hawthorn traded picks 21 and 41 for Brian Lake and pick 27.

Lake was the missing piece to the Hawthorn puzzle and in the handful of the best fullbacks I've seen since I started watching back in the 70s.

In no universe is Ratugolea the missing piece to anything let alone making a team into a premiership winning one. With their gun midfield being young, they have time on their side to recruit and develop (Kenny from Camperdown mightn't have the time) instead of blowing draft picks on this bloke.

You must be kidding; you duded Rat last year, sold him a pup to stay and now, the Cats are again attempting to rip him off.
It would be a brave decision for any organisation to keep a disgruntled employee festering away on their books.

Last year he was of course contracted too and in the end it was a sound move. Despite me not rating him, with Geelong's injury list he came in handy, he did play 16 games after all.

For some reason Scott has a real hard on for him. Two or three years ago when interviewed on tv, he said that Geelong was a better team with Ratugolea in it.

QUOTE from Champion Data: Whichever way you slice the numbers, Ratugolea is not worth a hefty, long-term deal.
A superb athlete and hard worker, he was useful as a key forward and in 2023 he battled to find the ball.
He is generally decent in the air and was a good intercept marker, but is shaky with ball in hand & made some errors in defence.

Marks4.4Below Average
Spoils5.6
Ah yes, the same champion data category that rated Aaron Hall an elite defender. They do throw some random stuff out there. Imagine rating a defender being offered 5 year contracts from 2 clubs as below average. Bizarre.

Hawthorn traded picks 21 and 41 for Brian Lake and pick 27.

Lake was the missing piece to the Hawthorn puzzle and in the handful of the best fullbacks I've seen since I started watching back in the 70s.

In no universe is Ratugolea the missing piece to anything let alone making a team into a premiership winning one. With their gun midfield being young, they have time on their side to recruit and develop (Kenny from Camperdown mightn't have the time) instead of blowing draft picks on this bloke.
Try telling then that

Marks4.4Below Average
Spoils5.6
So we’ve come full circle and are back to “He’s a useless spud but we’ll take him off your hands purely out of the kindness of our hearts” again….

He’s not disgruntled? He even said he was happy to stay just this past April? He’s going for money/opportunity.
Who wouldn’t want to take that? He can see the writing on the wall.

I heard they kicked his dog and drew dicks on his front fence too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back