Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

Omg an actual decent proposal! Get out of here with your logic!
Not remotely a decent proposal. If Port trade a first rounder and get nothing more than Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher back, then whoever is responsible needs to be sacked on the spot.

They are both very average and uncontracted players. Neither are worth more than about a late second rounder. One first rounder >>>>> two late second rounders.

So a 1st for Esava and a 1st for Zerky-Thatcher. Snookered between the MackAttack and a Dodorro on his farewell lap. All the best.
I genuinely don’t understand why people think we are being crushed here

Let’s be super clear these are 2 fringe 22 KPDs who are off contract in 3 weeks

This talk of not only one but 2 firsts are comical Dodoro is clearly insane we know that and Mackie seems to think being gifted top 10 picks is the norm not some bizarre one off rort the A(V)FL allowed for a heartland club last year

I couldn’t give a soggy shit if we rolled the dice and let these blokes walk to the PSD and unless Kochies insanity has extended to the list management team Port won't either

Not remotely a decent proposal. If Port trade a first rounder and get nothing more than Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher back, then whoever is responsible needs to be sacked on the spot.

They are both very average and uncontracted players. Neither are worth more than about a late second rounder. One first rounder >>>>> two late second rounders.
Of course it was a decent proposal, decent for geelong, decent for essendon, 50/50 for Adelaide - obviously sucks for Port but that's ok :huh:

I genuinely don’t understand why people think we are being crushed here

Let’s be super clear these are 2 fringe 22 KPDs who are off contract in 3 weeks

This talk of not only one but 2 firsts are comical Dodoro is clearly insane we know that and Mackie seems to think being gifted top 10 picks is the norm not some bizarre one off rort the A(V)FL allowed for a heartland club last year

I couldn’t give a soggy s**t if we rolled the dice and let these blokes walk to the PSD and unless Kochies insanity has extended to the list management team Port won't either

Well sure, then you go into another year of being a highly rated team with no tall defenders. Which will go how it has gone for the past however long, you can only get so far without a decent defence. No doubt you can just blame the coach though.

Well sure, then you go into another year of being a highly rated team with no tall defenders. Which will go how it has gone for the past however long, you can only get so far without a decent defence. No doubt you can just blame the coach though.
God don’t even open that Pandora’s box I’ll just say everything, no hyperbole EVERYTHING else has changed in 11 years but sure Kens the guy to take us there

Fwiw who do you think oversaw us falling into this KPD hole to start with?

My point is more that we aren’t really contenders
BZT and Esava don’t change that hence we shouldn’t overpay for that “privilege”

Best case result: Port tell Mackie and Dodoro to go **** themselves, walk Rat and BZT to the PSD, and get them.
Good result: Port get Rat and BZT for a trade price that adequately reflects their ability and uncontracted status, i.e. a couple of mid-to-late second rounders at absolute most.
Disappointing but acceptable result: Port tell Mackie and Dodoro to go **** themselves, walk Rat and BZT to the PSD, and don't get them.
'Everyone involved should be sacked' result: Port in any way shape or form give up a first rounder to get either or both of these bog average players in the door.

Well perhaps Port should not go convincing players to nominate them without some idea that they can get the deal done.
If Gold Coast demand a future first rounder for Chris Burgess and Adelaide refuse, is that Adelaide's fault?

Having a player nominate you doesn't require you to cave to utterly ludicrous demands from the two most delusional men in football.

How’d that look at the end of the major round ?
How did Geelong look at the end of the same round 2021? Less than 50 games ago and pies finished 17th same year.

There's pessimism, then there's having the best young midfield in the comp kicking into a good forward line for keys and stating that you're not in contention.

Your side has a couple of clearly identified weak points that are being addressed with trades addressing those specific needs.

Next year Aliir plays loose and goes full Tom Stewart because he doesn't have to do everything himself. You never, ever, have to play Hayes again. Surely on the back of this year that is the best shot at a premiership you've had since 2007

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well perhaps Port should not go convincing players to nominate them without some idea that they can get the deal done.
Managers do not nominate a Club if they believe the team does not have the ability to get the trade done.
Jason always packs an ace up his sleeves and has the keys to the kingdom; his will be done on earth and in Alberton.
Where they should build a statue of him for what he achieved in last year’s trade period.

I expect all three players, plus a surprise packet to be at Alberton next year.

Wow a F1 for Esava.

Weren’t Geelong supporters saying TDK was worth a late second a few months ago?

There’s overrating your own and then there’s that. This should be the easiest move of the off-season and a first rounder should be nowhere near it.

To be fair, a few months ago a hell of a lot of Carlton supporters didn't think TDK was worth much and shouldn't be in the side (and he wasn't).

I agree that Sav isn't worth much.

If they want to be here they’ll get here.

Legitimately when was the last time a team took a player that wanted to be somewhere else in the psd? Gcs never bothered with Jack Martin and nobody took Kurt Tippet when he got to the swans.

And don’t take pot shots acting like Ken is some great coach being bullied by evil Port supporters. A million places we can take that debate.

God don’t even open that Pandora’s box I’ll just say everything, no hyperbole EVERYTHING else has changed in 11 years but sure Kens the guy to take us there

Fwiw who do you think oversaw us falling into this KPD hole to start with?

My point is more that we aren’t really contenders
BZT and Esava don’t change that hence we shouldn’t overpay for that “privilege”

If you dont think youre contenders theres no need to trade for them at all.

Managers do not nominate a Club if they believe the team does not have the ability to get the trade done.
Jason always packs an ace up his sleeves and has the keys to the kingdom; his will be done on earth and in Alberton.
Where they should build a statue of him for what he achieved in last year’s trade period.

I expect all three players, plus a surprise packet to be at Alberton next year.

Teams go and make moves to bring players in if their draft hand isn’t satisfactory enough to get multiple deals done.
Those managers will be leaning on the club to show they actually give a **** about bringing said player in and will make a deal.

This whole, “send me to the PSD” thing basically happens 1% of the time. 99% of the time both sides will come to a compromise that isn’t “sLaMmiNg!” Or “StEaLiNg!” anyone in a trade

mate, two players that have requested/ been courted by your club that are B grade players are worth second rounders totals the value of a first rounder.

Literally what you are saying is what everyone is thinking. take it or leave it it will more than likely happen.

I proposed in the other thread but Zerk + 28 for your future first and then 28 can go to Geelong for Sav works well for all parties.

mate, two players that have requested/ been courted by your club that are B grade players are worth second rounders totals the value of a first rounder.

Literally what you are saying is what everyone is thinking. take it or leave it it will more than likely happen.

I proposed in the other thread but Zerk + 28 for your future first and then 28 can go to Geelong for Sav works well for all parties.
It works well for essendon and geelong, it's a poor deal for Port.

I love that without fail, every single year, supporters of teams on this board threaten each other with taking the player to the PSD. Every time I read a comment threatening PSD I literally feel second hand embarassment for the poster

I love that without fail, every single year, supporters of teams on this board threaten each other with taking the player to the PSD. Every time I read a comment threatening PSD I literally feel second hand embarassment for the poster
Totally agree, a quick search shows how you were suggesting Geelong might secure Zac Tuohy from Carlton via the PSD but alas Geelong ended up trading for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back