Who finishes last in 2024?

Who finishes last in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People said the same thing about Jason Horne Francis two years earlier. They can't both be generational talents. JHF isn't looking like he is going to be the best in his draft either.
Damn straight he is.

Daicos is definitely better, Callaghan is looking really promising and so is McAndrew and those three are just off the top of my head.
Daicos is better now. JHF is going to turn into a Voss-like destroyer as he matures.

He's got Oliver well covered and Curnow missed nearly 3 full years with injury.

Oliver:

1704783255071.png

Weitering:

1704783279613.png

You're completely taking the absolute piss if you think Weitering has Oliver 'covered' to date in their careers.

And that's with Oliver going off the rails...

He went from averaging 16.5 disposals in 2022 to 17.6 disposals in 2023. There is not too much evidence yet that he will be anything more than a good player.
His goals, goal assists and clearances were all well up in 2023 compared to 2022. As well as being on of the best kicks inside 50.

The big difference though is he went from showing some promise to dominating quarters.

His endurance is definitely still holding him back though. Especially given he missed most of his preseason due to needing surgery on his legs. Give him another couple of years and his output will be a lot higher.

I don't buy into the reality that Harley Reid was meaningfully better than those that came immediatley after.

Nor do I buy into the percieved premium of Pick 1 over picks 2, 3 and 4

Since 2010 the only pick #1's who were the best in their draft are Sam Walsh and Jacob Weitering.

Funny enough as a group the Pick 4's of the last decade are proably better than the pick 1's.
Oliver was in the Weitering draft.
Just saying.

I don't buy into the reality that Harley Reid was meaningfully better than those that came immediatley after.

Nor do I buy into the percieved premium of Pick 1 over picks 2, 3 and 4

Since 2010 the only pick #1's who were the best in their draft are Sam Walsh and Jacob Weitering.

Funny enough as a group the Pick 4's of the last decade are proably better than the pick 1's.
Neither are the best of their draft. Weitering isn't even the best player drafted by Carlton in that draft.

Unless you can wind the clock back 5+ years McGovern and Darling are witches hats.

I don't rate Oscar Allen. Barass is decent but he's the only player on the entire WCE list that is AFL standard.

Clarko will have North set up to combat their complete lack of KPD's. They will be okay.
i hate west coast more than is healthy, but that is just bonkers.
Allen is quality, Reid will be amazing, Ginbey is very good (despite having to get a lobotomy to change allegiances :straining:) & Hewett will be good, not to mention Hough who is AFL grade.
Ugh, that was horrible to do.
I need a shower.

Last edited:
Unless you can wind the clock back 5+ years McGovern and Darling are witches hats.

I don't rate Oscar Allen. Barass is decent but he's the only player on the entire WCE list that is AFL standard.

Clarko will have North set up to combat their complete lack of KPD's. They will be okay.
You dont rate Allen? Must be an absolute simpleton

Oscar Allen is a gun. Not sure what games you are watching.

No argument that Darling & McGovern look like they are close to the end.

I don't think there is an obvious spoon winner & injuries likely to dictate for the lower teams who don't have the depth cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko's done nothing since 2015 to indicate he's a capable coach at AFL level anymore.

16-top 4

17- 10 wins one draw 4 losses under 20pts

18-top 4

19-11-11

21- 7 wins 2 draws 5 losses under 20 pts

I get you're trying to defend your clubs list being undervalued, but let's not get silly ay?

16-top 4

17- 10 wins one draw 4 losses under 20pts

18-top 4

19-11-11

21- 7 wins 2 draws 5 losses under 20 pts

I get you're trying to defend your clubs list being undervalued, but let's not get silly ay?

Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't won a final since 2015, as far as I'm aware.

Be interesting to see if he still has it in him to evolve with the times.

Daicos is definitely better, Callaghan is looking really promising and so is McAndrew and those three are just off the top of my head.

Do you mean Mac Andrew?

He's shown two fifths of F all so far by comparison to Horne-Francis.

Long term injuries are the only things keeping Daicos and JHF from being number 1 and 2 from this draft class throughout their career.

Oscar Allen would be taken by any club
One of the comps best young forwards

Unprecedented levels of Sam Walsh disrespect right here.
Not really. Walsh was leading in 2021 but Zak Butters has passed him, you could argue the same for Connor Rozee. That's not saying he isn't an excellent player. I agree with your broader point though

Riewoldt and Goddard are the only #1 picks that have finished the best player of their draft.

Not really. Walsh was leading in 2021 but Zak Butters has passed him, you could argue the same for Connor Rozee. That's not saying he isn't an excellent player. I agree with your broader point though

Riewoldt and Goddard are the only #1 picks that have finished the best player of their draft.

LOL Zac Butters.

He was huge in the finals series wasn't he...

LOL Zac Butters.

He was huge in the finals series wasn't he...
Zak Butters is a better player than Sam Walsh, yes.

Only someone who supports Carlton would disagree.

Seems weird to me that Freo are considered a chance to finish last.

If they have a good run of injuries, they are one of only 3 teams from outside the eight (Crows and Suns being the others) that can make the finals next season.

Do you mean Mac Andrew?

He's shown two fifths of F all so far by comparison to Horne-Francis.

Long term injuries are the only things keeping Daicos and JHF from being number 1 and 2 from this draft class throughout their career.

Yes I mean McAndrew and given his age and his size he has shown a lot of potential. I could easily imagine him ending up being better than JHF.

Back