No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam McCarthy has sadly committed suicide
Damn shame when any young man feels this is the only way out. Last time I heard about him he was caught driving with a BAC of .5 or something similarly horrific, too often these things are a cry for help for don't get heard.

Damn shame when any young man feels this is the only way out. Last time I heard about him he was caught driving with a BAC of .5 or something similarly horrific, too often these things are a cry for help for don't get heard.

Yup - might sound trite but if anyone out there is feeling similarly just reach out to someone, a support network, helpline etc. I have had mates do similar and it has brought them back from dark places.

Yup - might sound trite but if anyone out there is feeling similarly just reach out to someone, a support network, helpline etc. I have had mates do similar and it has brought them back from dark places.
Absolutely. Even on here. We've been a community for many years and there is always someone who can help.

You need to be legally tackled for holding the ball. There’s no such rule for incorrect disposal that doesn’t require a legal tackle.
And even if it’s is a legal tackle if it’s knocked out because of said legal tackle it’s not HTB.

View attachment 1984363

In that case, why do we handball? If not being tackled, can't I just throw it to my teammate?

In that case, why do we handball? If not being tackled, can't I just throw it to my teammate?
It works for a particular red, white and blue team and another who wears hoops.

Absolutely. Even on here. We've been a community for many years and there is always someone who can help.

Yeah I’ll second this. Even if someone needed a mate to go to the footy with, my inbox is always open. No questions asked

This article speaks in euphemisms and otherwise unclear wording, but it appears that four Freo players have committed suicide in the last six years. It's tough in the world, and the wild footy lifestyle makes life all the much harder, it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such tragic news. I have a daughter with epilepsy so I get living with it is very hard.

Sadly though that is the 3rd ex Fremantle player in 5-6 years who has taken their own life.

I'm shocked to be sitting here.

Quelle surprise.

Hopefully he's looking at use carriage service to harrass (or menace) charges. Either one would be good.

He could potentially be facing stalking charges too if there is a course of conduct, causing harm (mental in this case) over a period of time, though this is is generally harder to get up on if it's message/text based.

not sure I'm cool enough for a $300 reversible Hawks jacket, maybe someone here is though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back