2017 - Non Yeo Discussion (Formerly Non Freo Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the start of the season I will give it a try , peel is having another go at final series , any slip up will cost players like logue, duman , Sean Darcy, strnadica valuable wafl final intensity experience compare to home and away .

Fair point, look I know it won't happen it's just annoying that Tabs a player who at times has looked like he would make it will be delisted in the next year or so without anything changing.

It was weird... like, his boot got stuck in the turf and his tibia/fibula gave way and then he collapsed on it. Weird way to break your leg.

Yeah, only saw it in the original replay - not particularly interested in analysing it, but it looked like a player caught the back of Barlow at the wrong moment and snap. Very low on his leg, I noticed that much and that is not a good thing. :(

So gutted for him. Was really looking forward to him return to Subi later in the year and giving him a huge cheer.

thats the worst thing ive seen on a footy field since the first time it happened. bloke was dominating too. i really hope this isn't career ending.
Worse than Mitch Wallis last year?

I don't think I can stomach watching that poor bloke go through that again, might give the vid a miss.

Poor Mick. :(

The tackler landed on it with his knee didn't he?
Maybe I was looking at his leg more so than the tackler. I initially thought badly rolled/sprained/broken ankle but second (and last) replay showed it was a bit higher up.

Nevertheless such a courageous man always putting his team(mates) first. Shame the Suns couldn't get up.

Random question... does anyone know if AFL clubs use a brand new set of jumpers for every game?

I'm not sure about now days, and I suspect teams may all do it slightly different, but I knew a couple of team mangers in the mid 2000s and the clubs would re-use jumpers. They would have around 8 per player (home and away) and then special one-offs (e.g. heritage round etc.) on top of that of which there were around 2-3 per player.

I would assume a player who played every game for the year would rotate through all of them, I would also assume that if they went through the initial set that others would be provided, but I never did ask about that.

I was gonna post something similar PapaJ ,but like you I'm not up to date.

I've seen 3 fib+tib snaps live and none ended well.One resulted in amputation below the knee.
Mickey's recovery from his 2010 break was an absolute credit to himself and our club.
He was Brownlow favourite prior to that!!
It's been a helluva rollercoaster for the fella and you'd be a mug to bet against him getting back on the park.
Shocking luck,but it's only an ankle:eek:.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk that Shuey is gonna get off with a fine for that high bump on Dangerfield....
F#%k me, Fyfe got 2 for an accidental head clash. 'They' sure do have favourites...

I also hate that this is in "Non Freo Discussion" :'(:'(:'(

My thoughts exactly.

Talk that Shuey is gonna get off with a fine for that high bump on Dangerfield....
F#%k me, Fyfe got 2 for an accidental head clash. 'They' sure do have favourites...

Cost him the 2014 Brownlow.

I cant watch stuff like that. I hope the recovery is speedy and hes able to resume his career. Does not deserve to go out of AFL like this

Apparently Barlow had surgery and confirmed it is the fibula.

Which is nowhere bad as his last leg.

Three months before he's running again. He can come back from this.

Good news of sorts.

Melbourne get Gawn and Hogan back and they'll go far this year I reckon.

Hogan, Watts, Garlett and Petracca is a seriously good core for their forward line.
I agree , but what amazed me more is they got a structure or plan that can win matches without gawn and Hogan . Imagine freo playing that win matches without Sandi or Griffin /cam Mac/kerstern in best 22.

Melbourne get Gawn and Hogan back and they'll go far this year I reckon.

Hogan, Watts, Garlett and Petracca is a seriously good core for their forward line.
Agree but I find it to admire a welfare club. The AFL had to pull them out of the s**t a few years back and they are now reaping the benefits. If it were us they would have let us sort it out ourselves no matter how long we were a laughing stock.

Melbourne are the GWS of Victoria propped up solely because of their name and their tradition. Joke of a club that we will now have to pay homage to in a few years when they snag a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back