Jack Darling

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel bad for him because he has, overall, played well in recent years but glaring ****ups in his last games are all that are talked about in the off season. A couple of very long Summers in a row for Jack.

If we make the finals next year, you can guarantee he will be nervous AF.

I agree that it seems 90% of his problems are in his head.
That's why I think everybody should just leave it be. As Simmo said Jack has to ask himself the question as to why he pulled out. It's not up to everybody in sundry to keep criticising him - can imagine what that's doing to his confidence. I just hope next season Jack gets the bit between his teeth and proves everybody wrong!!

For mine, Darling is someone I would love to have at the Hawks, good overhead mark, great kick for goal, strong in contested marks. Great size and strength. He's a perfect CHF in my opinion and is only 24 years of age. Massive upside. I honestly think he needs a few sessions on the couch with a sports psychologist to get him believing he can be anything he wants to be. Do this and potentially watch him dominate for years to come!

I've now read it all!

Pretty sure Dennis Cometti's been running that line for weeks on Twitter

He seriously did have a baby just before the Gold Coast game - born premature, so understandable his mind was somewhere else - but if he is indeed not fully focused on his football I'd rather he take time out to get his head right - it's just sport, in the end.

Dennis is an expert troll. Love him.

Yeah he hasn't come on as he should have. Maybe his ceiling was just lower than many thought. Still, not our worst player and a decent foil to Kennedy generally. He did well when Kennedy missed most of the year so it's there, but something has gone wrong since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We copped so much s**t from eagles supporters for not drafting this guy with our first pick when he apparently would have been the answer to our forward line woes... turns out they wouldn't have lost much by taking Taberner with a rookie pick instead.

We copped so much s**t from eagles supporters for not drafting this guy with our first pick when he apparently would have been the answer to our forward line woes... turns out they wouldn't have lost much by taking Taberner with a rookie pick instead.

Yeah, I know Darling didn't turn out to be the messiah but let's not get too silly here.

knew years ago he wan't that good...

Eagles would have won the flag in 2015 if they had Patrick Karnezis.

Yeah, I know Darling didn't turn out to be the messiah but let's not get too silly here.

Yeah I was being a tad hyperbolic there.

But all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Freo overlooking the guy who would supposedly be our spearhead for the next decade is looking pretty silly now, particularly with how he's gone without Kennedy taking the pressure off him.

Yeah I was being a tad hyperbolic there.

But all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about Freo overlooking the guy who would supposedly be our spearhead for the next decade is looking pretty silly now, particularly with how he's gone without Kennedy taking the pressure off him.

He did very well when Kennedy wasn't there a couple of years ago. For a multitude of reasons however he has mainly struggled since.

I'd suggest Freo would've done better with Darling than without but meh, who cares, drafting is effectively guesswork. It was the right call to use pick 26 on Jack Darling even if he was to retire tomorrow, he has contributed a lot in his career to our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back