Stewart taylor bews
Tuohy hendo cockatoo
Blicavs s.selwood guthrie
McCarthy hawkins parfitt
Menzel danger ablett
Smith duncan j.selwood
Menegola kolo gregson parsons

Depth
Zuthrie thurlow buzza stanley murdoch simpson cunico ghs ruggles? Gardiner house oconnor narkle jones abbott black
I think Cocky looks a bit shaky as a defender and especially spoiling, he can be moved out of position easy when defending. I know that you think it could improve his injury record as he will be running straight lines as defender, but I don't think he is best suited there IMO.

GEEL-2.jpg

B:
Tom Stewart, Lachie Henderson, Jed Bews
HB: Zach Tuohy, Harry Taylor, Jake Kolodjashnij
C: Mark Blicavs, Joel Selwood, Mitch Duncan
HF: Brandan Parfitt, Tom Hawkins, Nakia Cockatoo
F: Gary Ablett, Patrick Dangerfield, Daniel Menzel
R: Zac Smith, Scott Selwood, Sam Menegola
INT: Cam Guthrie, James Parsons, Jordan Murdoch, Jackson Thurlow

NOTES: It's a new-look backline without the retired Tom Lonergan and Andrew Mackie, with Harry Taylor expected to head back to his more familiar role in defence to add experience. The midfield looks pretty much the same, although Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Ablett are sure to spend time both in attack and in the guts. Daniel Menzel is probably still in the best 22 after signing a new deal following an aborted attempt to leave via free agency, but Cory Gregson and Lincoln McCarthy will offer competition for forward line spots if they can overcome injury problems, while Steven Motlop is off to Port Adelaide.

REMAINING SENIOR LIST: Ryan Abbott, Aaron Black, Wylie Buzza, Jordan Cunico, Ryan Gardner, Cory Gregson, Matthew Hayball, George Horlin-Smith, Timm House, Lincoln McCarthy, Quinton Narkle, Esava Ratugolea, Tom Ruggles, Rhys Stanley

REMAINING ROOKIE LIST: Zach Guthrie, Jack Henry, Jamaine Jones, Mark O'Connor, Sam Simpson - Jennifer Phelan

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/best-side-2018.1178366/page-10

GEEL-2.jpg

B:

NOTES: It's a new-look backline without the retired Tom Lonergan and Andrew Mackie, with Harry Taylor expected to head back to his more familiar role in defence to add experience. The midfield looks pretty much the same, although Patrick Dangerfield and Gary Ablett are sure to spend time both in attack and in the guts. Daniel Menzel is probably still in the best 22 after signing a new deal following an aborted attempt to leave via free agency, but Cory Gregson and Lincoln McCarthy will offer competition for forward line spots if they can overcome injury problems, while Steven Motlop is off to Port Adelaide.

REMAINING SENIOR LIST: Ryan Abbott, Aaron Black, Wylie Buzza, Jordan Cunico, Ryan Gardner, Cory Gregson, Matthew Hayball, George Horlin-Smith, Timm House, Lincoln McCarthy, Quinton Narkle, Esava Ratugolea, Tom Ruggles, Rhys Stanley

REMAINING ROOKIE LIST: Zach Guthrie, Jack Henry, Jamaine Jones, Mark O'Connor, Sam Simpson - Jennifer Phelan

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/best-side-2018.1178366/page-10
That's a pretty good side on paper. There's no reason why we shouldn't go deep into September again in 2018.

Big year for all of these guys. Obviously fitness related for McCarthy and Gregson but at this stage it wouldn't be that tough to make 10 changes from that list of 14 at the end of next year. Hopefully a couple can surprise. At least the rookies look promising.

B: Stewart kolo Bews
HB: Henderson Taylor tuoey
C: J Selwood Ablett Duncan
F: McCarthy Parsons Parfitt
FF: Jones Hawkins Menzel
R: Smith Dangerfield Cockatoo
Int: S Selwood Guthrie Menegola Thurlow

One I have pushed out is Blicavs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I like Blicavs in the team but only as the 2nd ruck; I really hope we don't waste a midfield spot on him.

Unless he goes in as second ruck, I don’t see real value either. Maybe ruck Hawkins in the forward fifty and give smith a mini rest?

I just don’t really want to carry two ruckman each match.

I think Kolo will be ready for full back. I want Henderson to be freed up to play loose man floating in.

B: Henderson Gardner Bews
HB: Stewart Taylor Tuohy
C: Duncan Menegola Kolodjashnij
F: Parsons Hawkins Dangerfield
FF: Ablett Buzza Gregson
R: Smith J.Selwood Cockatoo

Int: S.Selwood Parfitt C.Guthrie Menzel

Emerg (from): Thurlow McCarthy Z.Guthrie Jones Murdoch Simpson Cunico Blicavs Stanley

Emerg (from): Thurlow McCarthy Z.Guthrie Jones Murdoch Simpson Cunico Blicavs Stanley

I'm expecting it'll be viewed as to tall.

GEEL-2.jpg

B:

I like that look of that forward line with Ablett on one flank and Cocky on the other.
Cocky looked very good against Carlton at Jihad until he did a hammy. He was just too quick off the first 10 for his opponent.

I don't think our midfield is consistently good enough to not have one of Ablett or Dangerfield in there.

I like that look of that forward line with Ablett on one flank and Cocky on the other.
Cocky looked very good against Carlton at Jihad until he did a hammy. He was just too quick off the first 10 for his opponent.

Obvious the afl rep thought it looked that way.. personally I think we have weakened our mid group to make our forwardline look better... do we really think Danger and Gary will be forward at the same time..as the default? Unless we want an obviously handicapped mid group we need to add another specific goal kicker .. perhaps Linc if fit.

Back