Player Watch #11: Jason Castagna - signed to 2023

Should Castagna be dropped for the Port game after his 2 disposal effort vs the Swans?

• Yes - for Cumberland

• Yes - for anyone

• No

• Make him Sub

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He single handedly lost the game for us. He was crap tonight.

He kicked 5 points yeh? I counted 17 points overall in our score. He certainly wasn't alone in having a down night. Although I certainly get the frustration....

On the upside....a loss at this stage is a good reminder for the team coming into the pointy end....

the fundamental point is he didnt.

and god forbid anyone wishes to voice a different opinion to those who want to keep him in the side.

No chance he’s dropped. Zero.

Horribly poor night in front of goal, but the positive is he got himself into the position to have five shots.

Not going to crucify him, all players have off days/nights.

He was bloody good in the first half of the year and his goal kicking had improved from last year.
Since his lilttle injury his goal kicking is back to how it was at the 1st half of 2017
He seems to have shortened his run up and is getting too close to the man on the mark. He is bringing in a little stutter as well.
He will bounce back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Between Butler, george, rioli, stengle, bolton & higgo, George is my least preferred option to have in the side
interesting given hes done a lot more than stengle bolton and higgo.

it was a bad game, he wasnt the only one who missed easy chances. let alone how often every week we as a team * up what should be an easy goal.

Bit over his goal kicking to be honest. It's pathetic, I could kick them. Was watching with other Richmond mates and every time he's in front of goal, there's a consistent 'sigh', because we all know what coming. No one else in the team is as bad as him in front of goal.
I love his pressure acts but would like to see him dropped. Bring in Townsend and Stengle for Bolton and George.

He's had trouble in front of goal since he's been in the team. Seems fine around the corner but set shots or on the run he sprays them. I think he hurry's his action.
Gets a tad too close to the man on his mark...has no rhythm in his run up...his head must be all over the place when he starts his run up for goal...
needs to get in a goal kicking competition with JR at training...loser gets the other's name tattooed on their thigh......

George singled out in the press conference by Dimma as having a good game. No way he is dropped.

Reminded me somewhat of how Dimma would defend Rance to the hilt in the early days.

I’m expecting a similar outcome in a couple of years....

... George to become the premier small forward in the comp and captain of the AA team...

interesting given hes done a lot more than stengle bolton and higgo.

it was a bad game, he wasnt the only one who missed easy chances. let alone how often every week we as a team **** up what should be an easy goal.
Personal preference really, He's a great athlete with average footy skills compared to the others imo

8 shots at goal from inside 50
- 5 behinds
- 1 OOF
- 2 Didn't make the distance

Tigers should have won be 20 points and the narrative this week would be vastly different

While he shouldn't be dropped, he should be "on notice".

8 shots at goal from inside 50
- 5 behinds
- 1 OOF
- 2 Didn't make the distance

Tigers should have won be 20 points and the narrative this week would be vastly different

While he shouldn't be dropped, he should be "on notice".
We lost by 2 points, imagine if Cotch, Sheds, Cellis or Moore had converted one of their points into a goal, we would have been a game clear on the ladder, and as foxsports said "If anything, it could be one of those losses they needed to have, since we’ve seen teams go into September looking unstoppable then finding themselves unable to get out of a hole when they do end up being stopped" But seriously, blaming George for the loss is such a typical BF massive overreaction.

We lost by 2 points, imagine if Cotch, Sheds, Cellis or Moore had converted one of their points into a goal, we would have been a game clear on the ladder, and as foxsports said "If anything, it could be one of those losses they needed to have, since we’ve seen teams go into September looking unstoppable then finding themselves unable to get out of a hole when they do end up being stopped" But seriously, blaming George for the loss is such a typical BF massive overreaction.

Richmond were clearly the better team, and lost because the lads couldn't convert relatively simply chances. The main culprit was George who got 5 points from 8 shots at goal. Is pointing this out somehow wrong?

Back