Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

SHORT TO THE WING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its time short moves to the wing we can now afford to bomb it long to either riewoldt or lynch and our short people can now actually dine out on the crumbs. Markov or naish or perhaps even menadue can take over shorts old role. On the other wing I wanna see either Ellis or McIntosh or even shai Bolton depending on who's preseason form warrants. Its time we had wingers who can run and carry then bomb the opposition defense into submission. I'm sick of having plodders like grigg or lambert on the wings.

Lambert isn't a plodder

Grigg is a plodder.

Edwards and Lambert are not.

I can see short being more a wing/rover.
He is good at rebounding but his defensive efforts 1-1 are awful.
He gets caught out too often

Short is defensively not good enough to be in the senior team (IMHO) - the other guys have to work overtime to try and cover him

As a rover he'd get destroyed

Short is defensively not good enough to be in the senior team (IMHO) - the other guys have to work overtime to try and cover him

As a rover he'd get destroyed
I think he can definatley be in the 22. His boot is a weapon.
We just need to change his role.
Markov should be looking to take his spot in the back 6 in 2019

I think he can definatley be in the 22. His boot is a weapon.
We just need to change his role.
Markov should be looking to take his spot in the back 6 in 2019

Short is one of the very best kicks in the game. With the new kicking in from full back rules you probably need to squeeze him in somewhere.

That said I cant find a spot for him

Provides run out of defence. That’s why he isn’t always on his man.

So do Houli, Vlastuin, Markov, Mcintosh

When he is on a man and the ball comes into the contest Short quite often gets ragdolled.

Best 22 for sure

Not for sure. If he is he just squeezes in

So do Houli, Vlastuin, Markov, Mcintosh

When he is on a man and the ball comes into the contest Short quite often gets ragdolled.

Not for sure. If he is he just squeezes in

Vlastuin not much run. Houli doesn’t run and kick long like Short. He runs side ways and chips the ball. Shorts gets another 20m and hits more targets. Markov played 1 game this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they are around 190cm and two of them are 90kgs

the successful eagles have a pretty big, strong backline too.

Short has some great aspects to his game but his weakness have been getting exposed pretty often

That's why I want Markov and Balta in the team. Pace, height and long kicks. Short maybe better suited to wing as he kicks long goals. Either way I think he should be in the team.

The word plodder is being used a bit. Can someone please write down what they mean by the term?....
Found this definition online...not sure if it describes Shorty. I reckon it sounds more like me.
1. To move or walk heavily or laboriously; trudge: "donkeys that plodded wearily in a circle round a gin" (D.H.Lawrence).
2. To work or act perseveringly or monotonously; drudge: plodding through a mountain of paperwork.
v.tr.
To trudge along or over.
n.
1. The act of moving or walking heavily and slowly.
2. The sound made by a heavy step

Found this definition online...not sure if it describes Shorty. I reckon it sounds more like me.
1. To move or walk heavily or laboriously; trudge: "donkeys that plodded wearily in a circle round a gin" (D.H.Lawrence).
2. To work or act perseveringly or monotonously; drudge: plodding through a mountain of paperwork.
v.tr.
To trudge along or over.
n.
1. The act of moving or walking heavily and slowly.
2. The sound made by a heavy step

Not sure Grigg fits into either category with these definitions...... In fact gonna go out on a limb and say that Grigg's contribution to the team in undervalued...

Still as with most of the team. If someone is good enough to take his position, so be it...... But thus far no one has been good enough.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back