BBL Supercoach

Remove this Banner Ad

Been looking at some best XIs for planning this. My Best XIs assume no one plays for Australia (obviously some do, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it). Have the following so far

STRIKERS
A. Carey
J. Weatherald
T. Head
C. Ingram
J. Lehmann
J. Wells
M. Neser
R. Khan
P. Siddle
B. Laughlin
B. Stanlake

BACKUP BATS
C. Valente
M. Short

BACKUP BOWLERS
M. Cormack
W. Agar
N. Winter
D. Grant
L. O'Connor

HEAT
B. McCullum
M. Renshaw
C. Lynn
J. Burns
A. Ross
J. Pierson
B. Cutting
J. Pattinson
M. Steketee
M. Swepson
M. Ur Rahman

BATS
M. Labuschagne
S. Heazlett
M. Bryant

BOWLERS
B. Doggett
J. Lalor
M. Kuhnemann
J. Prestwidge

HURRICANES
T. Paine
M. Wade
D. Short
B. McDermott
G. Bailey
J. Botha
J. Faulkner
J. Archer
S. Milenko
T. Mills
C. Rose

BATS
J. Doran
C. Jewell

BOWLERS
R. Meredith
D. Moody
T. Rogers
A. Summers

FWIW, I won't be playing supercoach, but I run my own competition drafting players with its own scoring system. Since its a draft (10 teams, 8 players each) its more important to know the depth players haha.

Any thoughts appreciated.

I probably say this every year, but man the Scorchers are significantly weak on batting options this season. With both Marsh brothers unavailable (for now) this is what the starting XI could look like.

Klinger
Bancroft (Whiteman until Bancroft is back)
Cartwright
Turner
Inglis (wk)
Agar
Willey
Coulter-Nile
Qadir
Behrendorf
Tye

Crazy to think that the reserve bowlers are Jhye Richardson, Joel Paris, Matt Kelly and Cameron Green. They would probably be walk up starts in just about any big bash lineup.

I probably say this every year, but man the Scorchers are significantly weak on batting options this season. With both Marsh brothers unavailable (for now) this is what the starting XI could look like.

Klinger
Bancroft (Whiteman until Bancroft is back)
Cartwright
Turner
Inglis (wk)
Agar
Willey
Coulter-Nile
Qadir
Behrendorf
Tye

Crazy to think that the reserve bowlers are Jhye Richardson, Joel Paris, Matt Kelly and Cameron Green. They would probably be walk up starts in just about any big bash lineup.

That’s why I found it strange that they let Phillips slip to the 6ers.

Been looking at some best XIs for planning this. My Best XIs assume no one plays for Australia (obviously some do, but I will cross that bridge when I come to it). Have the following so far

STRIKERS
A. Carey
J. Weatherald
T. Head
C. Ingram
J. Lehmann
J. Wells
M. Neser
R. Khan
P. Siddle
B. Laughlin
B. Stanlake

BACKUP BATS
C. Valente
M. Short

BACKUP BOWLERS
M. Cormack
W. Agar
N. Winter
D. Grant
L. O'Connor

HEAT
B. McCullum
M. Renshaw
C. Lynn
J. Burns
A. Ross
J. Pierson
B. Cutting
J. Pattinson
M. Steketee
M. Swepson
M. Ur Rahman

BATS
M. Labuschagne
S. Heazlett
M. Bryant

BOWLERS
B. Doggett
J. Lalor
M. Kuhnemann
J. Prestwidge

HURRICANES
T. Paine
M. Wade
D. Short
B. McDermott
G. Bailey
J. Botha
J. Faulkner
J. Archer
S. Milenko
T. Mills
C. Rose

BATS
J. Doran
C. Jewell

BOWLERS
R. Meredith
D. Moody
T. Rogers
A. Summers

FWIW, I won't be playing supercoach, but I run my own competition drafting players with its own scoring system. Since its a draft (10 teams, 8 players each) its more important to know the depth players haha.

Any thoughts appreciated.

I still have a feeling that Matt Short will play ahead of one of Wells/Lehmann.

Also can’t see the Heat going in with only 4 bowlers + Cutting. Cutting goes the journey pretty much every time he bowls.

And how did the Canes make the final last year? They’d want Short to at least match what he did last season.

Can't believe there is no launch of BBL Fantasy yet
Especially considering that Supercoach is calling its competition "BBL Fantasy - Supercoach" and its managed by the same company (unless that has changed, and the BBL have gone and created their own system like AFL did with AFL Fantasy)

Personally, I didn't have much interest in the BBL until I started playing Fantasy, so it seems to me like a pretty good promotional tool.

The changes that have been made to the re-booted SuperCoach version, have made it very similar to the traditional BBL Fantasy comp., but with much better prize-money (except no league prize), so if it doesn't go ahead, it's probably not a huge loss in that regard.

It would probably be more disappointing if the official BBL Fantasy people have given up on the WBBL comp., just as it's gaining popularity and respect.

Maybe if they don't want to compete with SuperCoach, they could just do BBL/WBBL match-day style comps, better than nothing.

Personally, I didn't have much interest in the BBL until I started playing Fantasy, so it seems to me like a pretty good promotional tool.

The changes that have been made to the re-booted SuperCoach version, have made it very similar to the traditional BBL Fantasy comp., but with much better prize-money (except no league prize), so if it doesn't go ahead, it's probably not a huge loss in that regard.

It would probably be more disappointing if the official BBL Fantasy people have given up on the WBBL comp., just as it's gaining popularity and respect.

Maybe if they don't want to compete with SuperCoach, they could just do BBL/WBBL match-day style comps, better than nothing.

Thing is they've said on twitter that BBL fantasy is happening. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, easily my favourite fantasy competition and I agree with you it adds plenty of interest to games that I otherwise wouldn't care about. WBBL fantasy was good too and would be a shame if they didn't have it at all. Just weird that the season is 2 weeks away and there's no sign of life.

It looks like there are two very similar BBL SuperCoach/Fantasy threads, one on the SuperCoach board, and one on the cricket board, with some people ending up on one and some the other.

Would it be worth merging them to create one thread ?, and could it still be accessed via both the SuperCoach and cricket boards ? toxic SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

That’s why I found it strange that they let Phillips slip to the 6ers.

I still have a feeling that Matt Short will play ahead of one of Wells/Lehmann.

Also can’t see the Heat going in with only 4 bowlers + Cutting. Cutting goes the journey pretty much every time he bowls.

And how did the Canes make the final last year? They’d want Short to at least match what he did last season.

I assume Head misses a decent chunk of time so Matt Short plays for him.

Re Canes, they snuck into finals and D'Arcy Short single handed won 3 games which helps

It looks like there are two very similar BBL SuperCoach/Fantasy threads, one on the SuperCoach board, and one on the cricket board, with some people ending up on one and some the other.

Would it be worth merging them to create one thread ?, and could it still be accessed via both the SuperCoach and cricket boards ? toxic SELFCONFESDAFLNERD

Hi bud,

Personally i dont post on the cricket board much

I like our SC community, more in there the merrier.

Welcome anytime

I messaged the official BBL twitter page and they said BBL Fantasy will be running this year with details to be announced this week. I also asked about WBBL fantasy - given it starts this Saturday - and they said it will also be running and will be announced this week. Given its Thursday I don't hold high hopes that WBBL Fantasy will be up and running for the first games but they said it would be so I suppose we just wait and see.
Well this was clearly a lie then wasn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this was clearly a lie then wasn't it?

Actually, on the official site there is now a link to a fantasy comp but, wait for it, they've outsourced it to India!

It's a daily style comp run by a company in India, there is a free option which I don't think has any prizes, but I think the aim is to get you to play for money, i.e. gambling (Indian currency).

The whole thing looks very dodgy to me, I won't be touching it. I'm surprised they would associate with something like this, would've been better just doing nothing.

League Code: 605950

Still a few spots left for some good players, corbies?

Looks crap. Not sure I'll even bother. Should've just done what they normally do with the prizes they're giving out.
Be nice if it actually allowed you to sign up. Classic cricket Aus, releasing half done game

Stii need 5 players in league 349165

Getting nervous already with these weather forecasts coming through. Im starting with 4 Heat (2nd game could be weather affected) and 1 Scorcher only. My first rd could be a sole DGP.

Stii need 5 players in league 349165

Getting nervous already with these weather forecasts coming through. Im starting with 4 Heat (2nd game could be weather affected) and 1 Scorcher only. My first rd could be a sole DGP.

I'm in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back