Training Pre-season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some will not like the prospect of Scoot playing any role of significance this year, or would say it cannot be done.

Personally I welcome it and am entirely open to the possibility.

If his body is fine, which is a big if then he will be very good for Geelong. He is a good AFL footballer but only when he can use his work ethic and fanatical dedication to the optimum level. If he can do that (and doing a full pre-season is a very good sign) then he will be really good. His issues stem from his body and for people to suggest that his body is shot at 26 is ridiculous unless put in context. It may well be shot but it will manifest itself by him continually breaking down and not by him not being able to cover the oval well enough if fit!

He was s**t as a forward.

He debuted as a defender for a reason. He made a name for himself as a defender for a reason. Open your eyes!
He was drafted as a forward so he couldn't have been too s**t. Nor was his 3 goals against Brisbane playing as a forward.

“I’d been playing forward most of my life but once I got the hang of it I gelled with the boys around me and definitely felt more comfortable and happy to play down there (in defence).”

Maybe Rohan's scan last week was nothing serious because the following seems pretty positive

GARY Rohan is counting down the days until he pulls on a Geelong jumper for the first time.
The former Sydney speedster, who joined the Cats via a trade in October is eyeing off the JLT meeting with West Coast on March 1.
“I can’t wait to pull on the Hoops and run out with the boys,” Rohan said during a visit to Geelong’s University Hospital.
“I’ve had a big solid pre-season and, personally, I couldn’t have asked for a better pre-season for myself at a new club.

“I’ve done every session, so fitness wise I’m ready to go.”

http://www.krockfootball.com.au/geelong-cats-news/rohan-ready-go-2/

The rucks are looking much stronger this year.
Our smaller forwards look more robust also.
We need a CHF to stand up?
I expect improvement.

Lets see if I get a response re my crap on Geelong Bigfooty blog

I hear Geelong are playing north Melbourne in a scrap match?? Can anyone tell me where if this is true?

On the news tonight the club got shitty with the AFL because the AFL released a press release telling everyone about this game being played at Deakin.

In response the club will now play it behind closed doors at KP.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. If you are doing anything top secret then you are showing your hand to North and everyone finds out through the grapevine anyway. Only really keeps the fans out of the loop.

He also played a fair amount of time as a forward last year, and even spent time in the ruck (less fond of that part).

I don't agree that he would have necessarily been delisted as a forward, but that's okay - it's not actually that important. What is important is that his example shows that changing around the position that kids are playing in is not necessarily a bad thing. Clearly you're very happy with how it worked out for Jack!
Yep, I'm all for throwing them around until they find a position that they're actually good at...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the news tonight the club got shitty with the AFL because the AFL released a press release telling everyone about this game being played at Deakin.

Pretty stupid if you ask me. If you are doing anything top secret then you are showing your hand to North and everyone finds out through the grapevine anyway. Only really keeps the fans out of the loop.

We did this in 2012 and I understand the Kangas took what they learned to knock us off in Rd 3.

The rucks are looking much stronger this year.
Our smaller forwards look more robust also.
We need a CHF to stand up?
I expect improvement.

Lets see if I get a response re my crap on Geelong Bigfooty blog

Hawkins at CHF and Sav at FF. that's it.
I hope they leave Sav alone and play the rucks they already have.
If Sav fails they'll have to swap rucks there or it's old Harry l suppose.
But I wouldn't mind Abbott having a crack at a key forward spot, be bold and change it up a bit.

Last edited:
Clake wants in..... thats a good sign imo he had a look PreSeason and he must think he can keep up

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/b58b6624f3b3a28bb22d88a5de7d27e9

Clark said he was hopeful of earning a spot on the plane to Perth for the opening JLT Series clash against West Coast but said he would not let the lure of a match in his native state distract him from the extended hitout with North Melbourne.

Exactly which says a lot about the club at the moment. Fans are a pain in the arse until it.comes to $$$

If his body is fine, which is a big if then he will be very good for Geelong. He is a good AFL footballer but only when he can use his work ethic and fanatical dedication to the optimum level. If he can do that (and doing a full pre-season is a very good sign) then he will be really good. His issues stem from his body and for people to suggest that his body is shot at 26 is ridiculous unless put in context. It may well be shot but it will manifest itself by him continually breaking down and not by him not being able to cover the oval well enough if fit!

Very true. For one thing, he's not 26; he will turn 29 at the end of March.

Really exciting reading about Clarke playing against North Melbourne. I assume that means the glandular fever didn't set him back much at all. As I have mentioned before this was the kid I wanted us to pick up and I reckon he is going to be a gun!! Not only that but exactly what we need in an elite distributor off half back by foot! Also very happy to read that people at the club think Fort is leading the race to be number 1 Ruck. If he becomes a player it will be massive for our midfield group. GO CATTERS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back