If we lose to the Gold Coast Suns, is it time for a revolution?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Talia had actually shirked contact then North Melbourne would have had 3 fewer goals and lost the game.
Frees against I’m assuming. His shirking was more a drop in abilities I reckon. JJ’s shirking made Henderson look like Byron Picket.

If you think this is bad: we'll lose at least 5 games in a row during the middle of the year, likely more.

Things are going to get really ugly this year. Strap yourselves in.

Yep there's a horror 8 week period coming

Port (A)
Brisbane (A)
WCE (H)
Melb (A)
GWS (H)
Rich (H)
Geelong (A)
Port (H)

The way we're playing at the moment we could lose all eight :(

If we have a dip, run hard, attack the corridor and go down trying then it’s a no from me. We’re at least having a crack.

But if we dish up any more of this absolute rubbish we’ve seen so far this season, where we sit back and don’t even take the game on?

If we see 36 entries to the forward 50?

Revolution. We’re playing timid football. And it’s appalling to watch.

For me this week isn’t about the result, although of course I want to see us win, and win well.

It’s about how we play.

I just don’t want to see any more of...... “that”.

Campo on AA.

Basically players fault we went sideways too much.

Hmmmmmm

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We should see heaps of changes this week then as first players dropped should be players who don’t follow instructions.

There’s something wrong though when we’re 1-3 and we haven’t dropped anyone other than Gibbs, who was underperforming.

And whilst his disposal has been very, very ordinary, At least he was kicking forwards.

There’s something strange when all the players seem to be getting it wrong....

In the end the coaches have to fix this.

We have never lost to the Gold Coast franchise before. If we lose and let down Eddie for his milestone 300 games, Pyke should be sacked and senior players demoted to the SANFL for the rest of the year. Fire up or GFTO! Sick and tired of their pathetic excuses and scripted lines!

If Gold Coast humiliates us like North did it is time for Roo and Fagan to go coach shopping again
It needs to be more than the head-coach though right? If we decide it's Pyke (I'm not sure if it is or not) then we need a clean slate. We need someone with the clout to be able to say "I want my team in place around me".

I'm not sure who could do that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need a revolution already in our gameplan/structures. Links between defense to midfield to forward are breaking down.

If we continue with crap footy and crap results, then a witch hunt it shall be!

We will not lose to the Suns. Bookmark it. Beating them at AO however means absolutely zero.
It might not mean a lot, but not "absolutely zero". The Suns are not the easybets they once were, and if they put up a good game, and we produce something that is an improvement on the crap we've served up so far, and we win by say 3-5 goals - that will be something. Yes, a game we should have won, doesn't mean we're "back", but you can only play the team you're up against on the day, and a good win will mean "something".

Short story, it's not whether we win, it's how we win.

Wuh oh

D Mac said that was a coaching directive. That we got told we went too quickly last week so slowed down.

Trouble in paradise?
Eddie on 5AA a while ago said we score better when we are not going fast. So we need to take it at a medium pace through the middle.

It's all bullshit because when we have our fast pace going well, Eddie scores lots of goals from 1 on one's and Jenkins can run clear of slower opponents.

Going at middling place allows the defenders to set up. Our scoring players get double teamed. They can't get free, then they feel under the pump, get desperate and underperform. You know when Eddie feels under the pump, he jumps unrealistically for marks. When Jenkins plays with confidence, as an example he destroyed Rance .

Our game plan sucks and it is a cancer on our whole team.

I'm not against the changes, as it sends a message to player. But at the same time coaches need to "take a good hard look at themselves" and not bag the players on radio either.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are we the only club the Suns are yet to beat?

Yes we are they only team they have never beaten. Gold Coast are 0-11 vs Adelaide.

Gold Coast (47-1-132) have beaten every other team at least once including at least 1 win vs all teams that have won a premiership since 2011. They do not have a winning record vs any team in the AFL. They are 5-6 vs Carlton and 5-6 vs North Melbourne.

31-1-58 in home games. (82 at Metricon Stadium Carrara, 1 in Cairns, 4 at Gabba, 2 at Jiangwan Stadium , 1 at Optus Stadium Perth)
16-74 in away games.

Last edited:
The ball movement thing baffles me.

Against WCE last year we were struggling and just threw caution to the wind. Play on at all costs, take a risk, nothing to lose. It worked on that occasion but is not a sustainable method.

Then you get other extremes like last Saturday. Retain possession at all costs, very slow and cautious.

It's almost like there are two default settings:
1) chip chip snail football
2) Speedy Gonzalez kamikaze football

And nothing in between.

Can't our players make decisions? Weigh up the situation? Go fast and direct when there is the opportunity to go fast and direct. Build up slowly when the opposition has us covered down field.

Play on when it is beneficial to play on. Go back and take your kick when the situation demands some care.

Move the ball laterally when it will open up some space to run into. Go up the line when the central options are closed off.

License for players like Smith, Milera, Walker to take a risk and pull the trigger due to their ability to run and/or footskills.

Etc

It's like there is no thought or feel for the game.

Eddie on 5AA a while ago said we score better when we are not going fast. So we need to take it at a medium pace through the middle.

It's all bullshit because when we have our fast pace going well, Eddie scores lots of goals from 1 on one's and Jenkins can run clear of slower opponents.

Going at middling place allows the defenders to set up. Our scoring players get double teamed. They can't get free, then they feel under the pump, get desperate and underperform. You know when Eddie feels under the pump, he jumps unrealistically for marks. When Jenkins plays with confidence, as an example he destroyed Rance .

Our game plan sucks and it is a cancer on our whole team.

I'm not against the changes, as it sends a message to player. But at the same time coaches need to "take a good hard look at themselves" and not bag the players on radio either.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hearing this is extremely worrying for the rest of the season.

We have played 4 games, and we have sufficient evidence that the way we are playing does not work; not with the team selected - and especially not under the new rules.

We're getting mixed messages from various coaches and from the players - and the majority of those messages do not inspire any confidence in our ability to get our s**t together.

I don't think our Coaches actually know what is going on, or, if they do, they aren't being honest with themselves about it - or what we need to do to fix it.

And nothing in between.

Can't our players make decisions? Weigh up the situation? Go fast and direct when there is the opportunity to go fast and direct. Build up slowly when the opposition has us covered down field.

Play on when it is beneficial to play on. Go back and take your kick when the situation demands some care.

Move the ball laterally when it will open up some space to run into. Go up the line when the central options are closed off.

License for players like Smith, Milera, Walker to take a risk and pull the trigger due to their ability to run and/or footskills.

Etc

It's like there is no thought or feel for the game.

Pretty obvious mate - the Coaching group doesn't trust the playing group; so they aren't empowered and don't have the confidence to make these moves on the way through.

Contrast this to Fagan and Hodge; total trust, total confidence - Hodge can basically do whatever he wants, and Fagan wants him to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back