List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was saying yesterday, we better get at least pick 20-30 minimum for Xerri ;) - else he's a required player!

Most of you had pointed out;
1. 4 years in the system ( = CCJ)
2. 12 AFL Games ( 33% > than CCJ)
3. Contracted (vs uncontracted CCJ)
4. Finished second in the North VFL John Law Medal (take that Darcy Parish and your ANZAC medal!)
5. Ruck/Fwd (Same status was what CCJ is going to North for)

What else are we missing?!

Nah we’d still need to take 3 picks in the national draft but that can include promoting a rookie if we want or just 3 new picks

we’d just have to have 4 senior list vacancies so that we can take CCJ also after in the PSD

Aren't all our rookies assistant coaches? :stern look

I think I'm reading that differently, that prior to the National Draft a committed player in the PSD is considered already on our list so we need to ensure our list size is adequate?
Good point it may be that way.
It would make sense that PSD would count as a pick.
Players taken in the rookie draft do.

His career is pretty much over if he stays at GC. Kicked 1 goal and had 2 assists from 11 games as a small forward, makes Turner look like Kevin Bartlett.

I only want pick 19, he can stay in Queensland if he likes. :stern look

Be good if we could just "buy" a contracted kid with potential off them along with pick 19. They can keep mcpherson making up the number in the neafl, kid gets a pay rise and we get a couple of cheap call options on 2 kids.

Good point it may be that way.
It would make sense that PSD would count as a pick.
Players taken in the rookie draft do.

Hmm, maybe. I know upgraded rookies count as a pick.

I honestly wonder if him giving away so many free kicks hurt him.

I think not getting to contests hurt him, averaged 1.8 marks from 8 games, kicked just the 1 goal.

4 frees for and 16 against didn't help either but that was the least of his problems. He had a go and I am not against giving him more time, but he has been on the list since 2017, if he doesn't make the transition soon it likely isn't going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be good if we could just "buy" a contracted kid with potential off them along with pick 19. They can keep mcpherson making up the number in the neafl, kid gets a pay rise and we get a couple of cheap call options on 2 kids.

Yeah, it doesn't sound like GC have much hope in him, ie, you wouldn't be offering pick 19 to a club to take him off your list if you had much hope in him coming good.

Their posters have gone next level.

Day 2 of trade period has seen certain individuals on their board now claiming that I've been "PM'ing" them (can assure you I only ever PM GR & TFW).

By Day 6, they will be claiming that I've been leaving burning paper bags of dog s*** on their door step.

yeah and we all know that comes on day 7!

I’m hearing Hindenburg from the Giants wants to come back home. Call me crazy but could we package Goldy and Dumont up for him?
Dumont is a FA.
They wouldn't need to trade for him.
And we would 100% get compo if he left as a FA.
He would be so far down the pecking order for a mid spot at GWS he would never get a game.
Goldys kids live in Melbourne he is not leaving.

Water diviners actually work. I know a couple and its uncanny how accurate they are. Laugh all you like, they get well paid by plumbing contractors and people who drill water bores for a living.
I can honestly vouch for this as my Grandfather had the touch
As for me, I struggle to find an open tap

Not sure why Xerri is getting his nose out of joint, if thats true - seems to me the longer term plan is to play both as ruck/forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back