List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked seriously impressive from what I saw against Adelaide. Hopefully he can work well with Hewett for many many years to come.
One day there will be a game where Harley, Hewett, Long, Ginbey and a few others will tear it up and we can smile

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

One day there will be a game where Harley, Hewett, Long, Ginbey and a few others will tear it up and we can smile

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's the sort of stuff Im looking forward to.

The preason games brought me back down to earth and I'm expecting a season with only a handful of wins. The joy will be watching the young guys and seeing them jag the fluke win from nowhere. This should be the season where we start to turn the corner away from the vets and toward the young players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the score board pressure he will create. Ginbey should be a clearance bull in time and a good defensive mid too, but Hewett has that explosion to his game that is rare.
I tend to agree, think most can see Hew's X-factor.
Hopefully, he's got the BST sorted now. Ballerina Swinging Toe. Which he had pre-draft, apparently.
Kudos to the club for rehab, looking outside for best practice on managing that.
BSD Hewitt incoming would be great as a fan/spectator.
A way to go, but will enjoy watching the ride as we get back up into contention.

I tend to agree, think most can see Hew's X-factor.
Hopefully, he's got the BST sorted now. Ballerina Swinging Toe. Which he had pre-draft, apparently.
Kudos to the club for rehab, looking outside for best practice on managing that.
BSD Hewitt incoming would be great as a fan/spectator.
A way to go, but will enjoy watching the ride as we get back up into contention.
I wonder how much it affected his kicking also?

Pre-draft he was touted to be a good kick but a number of times last season he couldn't hit even simple kicks under no pressure.

Could've very much been him subconsciously avoiding kicking the ball with certain parts of his foot to avoid pain.

Would explain a lot.

I wonder how much it affected his kicking also?

Pre-draft he was touted to be a good kick but a number of times last season he couldn't hit even simple kicks under no pressure.

Could've very much been him subconsciously avoiding kicking the ball with certain parts of his foot to avoid pain.

Would explain a lot.
Or impact the stability of his planted foot. An interesting point you raise. Great to hear he is up and dancing.

Funny how the narrative is turning to WA is hyping the kid too much. Yet the hype from the VIC before draft was at insane levels also .......
I'd argue "WA" isn't - the West is - that newspaper needs to get over itself and leave the kid alone.

I hope fans at the games cheer and encourage the kid when he takes the game on but stuffs something up and turns it over. It will happen at times but the last thing we want early days is for him to lose any of his swagger.

Taking it on and providing a spark is exactly what the side needs. Get behind the kid wholly and fully from the start. Let’s encourage the effort as much as possible even the times it doesn’t come off.

Same applies to Ginbey, Long, Chess, Hewett when he returns. In a rebuild let’s get loud on effort when the young guys really have a crack at getting us going 🙌🏻

I hope fans at the games cheer and encourage the kid when he takes the game on but stuffs something up and turns it over. It will happen at times but the last thing we want early days is for him to lose any of his swagger.

Taking it on and providing a spark is exactly what the side needs. Get behind the kid wholly and fully from the start. Let’s encourage the effort as much as possible even the times it doesn’t come off 🙌🏻

Yeah nah mate, we'll be booing him all the way back to Vic like we did Ash Smith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back