List Mgmt. Welcome Harley Reid (Pick 1, 2023 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Eagles AFLW need to get this girl to Perth.

Harley Reid off the market after West Coast young gun seen sharing kiss with Carlton’s Yasmin Duursma in rooms​

PerthNow
March 17, 2024 5:40PM

Fresh off his first AFL hit out for debut club West Coast, number one draft pick Harley Reid was spotted sharing a kiss with a potential love interest post-game.
Although Reid’s Eagles came out as 50-point losers on Saturday afternoon, the young bull arguably found form off-field after he was seen cosying up to 19-year-old AFLW player Yasmin Duursma in the rooms.

Sister to Essendon’s Xavier and North Melbourne’s Zane, Yasmin herself plays on the wing in the AFLW and was traded to Carlton at the end of last year following a stint with Port Adelaide.

Harley Reid off the market after West Coast young gun seen sharing kiss with Carlton’s Yasmin Duursma in rooms​

PerthNow

Fresh off his first AFL hit out for debut club West Coast, number one draft pick Harley Reid was spotted sharing a kiss with a potential love interest post-game.
Although Reid’s Eagles came out as 50-point losers on Saturday afternoon, the young bull arguably found form off-field after he was seen cosying up to 19-year-old AFLW player Yasmin Duursma in the rooms.

Sister to Essendon’s Xavier and North Melbourne’s Zane, Yasmin herself plays on the wing in the AFLW and was traded to Carlton at the end of last year following a stint with Port Adelaide.
Couldn’t think of anything worse, sharing home and work with the missus.

He’ll have plenty of western suburbs nang available and throwing themselves at him to be the “next” Bec Judd

I like how from the article they've already killed the backline experiment :tearsofjoy: they saw how he performed first time up against the Dockers and NOPED him right outta there. Midfield and deep forward from now on..which what they should've been doing with him from the get go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how from the article they've already killed the backline experiment :tearsofjoy: they saw how he performed first time up against the Dockers and NOPED him right outta there. Midfield and deep forward from now on..which what they should've been doing with him from the get go
I disagree. His crows game in the backline was by far better.

I'll go as far as saying if your going to chuck reid forward just put him on the bench. He got 1 possession as a forward. Ball is never going forward

Had he played in the backline he would have gotten 20 possesions rather then 16.

Edit: I should add the explanation about not overloading him with backline meeting is valid. Also saying that backline requires greater endurance is also valid

I disagree. His crows game in the backline was by far better.

I'll go as far as saying if your going to chuck reid forward just put him on the bench.

Had he played in the backline he would have gotten 20 possesions rather then 15

I don't mind him adding a string or two to his bow later in the season or in year 2, but from the article they didn't wanna overload him going to a whole lot of meetings straight off the bat which is fair enough. Just let him play for now and get a feel for the game and the contest.

Couldn’t think of anything worse, sharing home and work with the missus.

He’ll have plenty of western suburbs nang available and throwing themselves at him to be the “next” Bec Judd
I believe the correct term is 'clunge'.

Harley Reid exclusive: West Coast Eagles star opens up on encouraging, ‘nerve-wracking’ AFL debut​

Harley Reid slept in and skipped breakfast - but he didn’t skip a beat in the opening quarter of an AFL debut that showed he’s ready to live up to the considerable hype.

Reid displayed more than a few glimpses of his immense talent with a sensational first term against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval, registering an equal team-high eight disposals, two clearances and two inside-50s in only 18 minutes of footy.

The No.1 draftee spoke exclusively to The West Australian moments after finishing his first game in the AFL, detailing his nerves and excitement leading into the game.

“It was pretty nerve-wracking when you walk out there and see all the fans that are around, but I enjoyed my time out there,” Reid said.

“Once you get on the bus to come down and you get underground, that was the moment where I thought ‘it’s here, my time has come’.

“(My first disposal) settled the nerves a lot but I was super stoked with the way we took it to them in the first quarter, I felt like we matched them well and showed what we wanted to show in the team meeting before.

“It’s surreal when you walk out there and there’s a huge stadium around you and the atmosphere is pretty cool. It is something I will cherish forever.”

Reid’s nerves weren’t too bad on Sunday morning, with the teenager admitting he slept through breakfast just hours before his debut.

He laughed off suggestions he found the AFL life easy going in the first term, pointing out he only found the ball once in the subsequent second quarter.

But Reid said the most important thing to take out of the game was signs that West Coast’s rebuild was on the right track.

“The culture and the spirit we played with to help one another was something we look forward to going into,” Reid said.

“There is such a strong build with us coming throughout the year, so we will get ready on the track to go against the Giants and I can’t wait to play in front of the home crowd.”

Despite an impressive debut that had him finish with 16 touches and five clearances, Reid isn’t putting any pressure on himself to make any big leaps.

“The speed of the game was something I was going to come into but moving forward I am going to take each step as it goes,” Reid said.

“I will live in the moment and reality and I can’t wait to see where the next couple of weeks takes us as a whole.”

Eagles coach Adam Simpson said he was just glad Reid got through his first game.

“He was probably like an 18-year-old playing his first game,” Simpson said.

“There’s been a lot of attention on Harley throughout the pre-season. He is probably used to it but I think he’s at home when he’s on the ground and playing footy.

“We pushed him forward a bit today but that’s not to say we can’t play him back if we need a bit more bounce. We were tempted to do it today, but we just wanted to settle him.”

Simpson said they would continue to experiment with Reid as a forward, having utilised him out of the goalsquare when he rested.

“I don’t want to get too much information for Harley. Going to the backline meeting, the centre bounce meeting, the midfield meeting - I didn’t to cook him there,” Simpson said.

“It’s easy to go play out of the goalsquare for five minutes.

“We’ll keep working through him. He’s a good kid, he’s pretty resilient and I thought he was pretty good today.”

Maybe they should all skip a few meetings this week and show the rest of team footage of Harley picking up the ball cleanly and not shitting himself.

I’m prepared to bet that had he played in the backline, he would have been our best small defender even without attending 50 meetings. Wouldn’t have given him much of a rest though.

PerthNow

Just wait for the norf game .

Hey zane I ****ed your sister .

Helped her with her ball handling

4D chess right there

Couldn’t disagree more. He can indeed play on every line but I think getting him around the ball as much as possible means mid and back for us, as we will obviously struggle again this year. Going to be tough for our key forwards in general, although I like him resting there as the eventual longer term aim for midfield chopouts. Also, you must have missed his stellar U17 season playing across half back - hardly an ‘experiment’

PerthNow

Yeah get her to WA - imagine how talented their kids would be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back