Player Watch #1 - Steven May - All Australian FB

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's the May thread but while we are talking young GC players, Rankin, what a gun, I heard the commentators says Andrew McLeod like...na, he reminds me of a Mini Fev! Got a mouth on him and why not, he can do stuff a lot of players can't.

I know it's the May thread but while we are talking young GC players, Rankin, what a gun, I heard the commentators says Andrew McLeod like...na, he reminds me of a Mini Fev! Got a mouth on him and why not, he can do stuff a lot of players can't.
To think GC had a bloke like him in the wings and yet they still got raft of PPs. That was as good a game as you can play on debut in the modern era.

I thought May was fine defensively but his terrible disposal really put the team under the pump time and time again. I also really dislike how mouthy he is to our other players - he should just shut up and concentrate on playing his best game, he has no right to give anyone a dressing down.
Exactly how I feel. Earn your stripes first. You've done * all so far.

Who did he have a go at?

I didn't see it last night myself, but had seen it plenty in previous week's. Like I said, looked like he was about to cry after some of his disposals last night, was good to see him genuinely upset at himself I guess

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reminds me of Aker.

Yea his got a bit of Aker about him, mainly in looks and goal sense, Akers disposal on both sides of his body was unworldly tho, thats why I get more of a Fev gist more out of him, does some very special things as a predominate right footer.

There was a brief scene in the 3rd or 4th where he was mouthing at someone, literally minutes after being a massive spud. And it's not just this game, he does it every week.
So wait was he spraying someone for a skill area or for ignoring team rules/instructions because if you're saying that if you kick it badly you can never criticize someone then only about 5 blokes in the AFL can ever show leadership.

People criticize Goody for never showing emotion or being critical but then criticize May for doing just that.

Our KPD types are holding most tall forwards at bay tbh. Yes, disposal is ordinary at times, but I'm more worried about our small defenders. Jetta, Lockhart, Rivers etc. Small forwards are carving us up. I'm not sure what we can do? I can see a team like St.Kilda running rampant against us. I feel May rarely gets beaten by his opponent. It's just his decision making by foot and when to leave his opponent to create a pack needs work, which can be fixed..

Thought may was solid, but I want to see our backmen mark the ball not punch it all the time. In the last 2 mins both may and lever took intercept marks.

There was a brief scene in the 3rd or 4th where he was mouthing at someone, literally minutes after being a massive spud. And it's not just this game, he does it every week.
He's done it for years.
When Riewoldt kicked 10 on him he was just abusing the midfield (to be fair, predominantly their fault)
Is a seriously negative trait.

We weren't too upset about losing his 'leadership'

May could have 8 kicked on him and Topkent could still find a way to give him votes

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

His May bias resembles your infatuation with Hogan. 😜

Who at least did something in a Melbourne jumper

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

You need to get over it mate. Both of yours and TKs lovechilds have been shithouse since the trade.

You both have far more in common with each other than you realise. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back