Autopsy 15-2-27 When will the damn wall burst?

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think that 19 times minor premier would probably qualify you as best team for that season so that in itself would mean the club probably should have another 5 flags or so.
All this talk of stealing better teams flags when we were not the best team is rubbish all you have to be is better on the day,what about the other side of coin where we certainly were the better team going into gf,s and having them taken from you don,t these count.

I often think back to 92 and WE were the best team all season and we finished equal top on points and that was only because we lost 2 games late in the season to bottom placed and 2nd last on the ladder.

We only had 1 bite of the cherry and we played the Saints as luck would have it they had a bye the last week prior to finals,and we were gone by 9pts
and nearly every player was tears,it was the 1st season after Pants going and it was devastating.I think if we got through the 1st final we would have won the lot and so I do not have much time for this nonsense about stealing one because we have had more than enough taken from us when we were the best team believe me...

Four peats are impossible in the era of engineered drafting. And “fixtures”.
27-30 never to be repeated.
You could say the same for other sports like NFL and NBA yet teams like Golden State and the Patriots are able to maintain such a lengthy period of dominance.
We're not talking about four-peats, but at least going back2back would be pretty fun :)

I'd also like to apologise to every Collingwood supporter as on the week of the Grand Final I'd replied to one of Jamie Elliot's instagram stories.
Told him I'd wished to see him run out on the field that Saturday to which he replied: "Next year mate, back2back".

:(

I'd also like to apologise to every Collingwood supporter as on the week of the Grand Final I'd replied to one of Jamie Elliot's instagram stories.
Told him I'd wished to see him run out on the field that Saturday to which he replied: "Next year mate, back2back".

:(

Is he predicting 2019/20 Collingwood premiers??

Dam wall

Flooding

2019 the dyke bursts

Is he predicting 2019/20 Collingwood premiers??
Well, perhaps? I think he more meant 2018/19 :p
Though you could read it as "next year we will start the back2back, this time I'll be on the field" :p

The amount of grand finals we have made is extraordinary.
The amount we have lost is sadly even more extraordinary.
But here's the thing. We have made it to the grand final on so many occasions where no one expected us to. Last year is another example. We have to keep this in mind when we talk about our loses. In many of those years it was an incredible effort to just get there.
For me 2011 hurts. Such a dominant team. We ended the home and away season with a percentage of approximately 185. We were by far the best team, a dominant team, but alas. Still shits me to this day. Last year I am already over. We performed admirably considering injuries etc. And let's be honest we were outplayed for 3 quarters. It was an achievement to be proud of despite not getting the cup.
2011...still shits me.
Other clubs reach grand finals when they were not expected to get near it too. The difference is they go on and win them. Adelaide did it twice. The Dogs did it in 2016. I'm sure there are many others.

The myth that we were dominated by west coast for three quarters is supposed to soften the blow of losing another flag. You don't lead a GF with less than two minutes remaining in the game when you have been dominated for three quarters. Another non decision by a gutless umpire is what ultimately cost us the flag. Maynard said the umpire review panel said he should have been given the free. Something anyone who knows the rules already knew.
You don't lose a number of grand finals by less than a kick when you are a rank outsider who fluked an appearance.
Sheer bad luck is the biggest factor in our shocking record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back