AFL Player #15: Jayden Laverde

Remove this Banner Ad

Not looking great. But will be surprised if he gets dropped this week. Reckon Brad values cohesion and keeping the defensive group together more than an individuals performance.

Will get pushed out when Ridley is back. Would love to see Hayes get a chance in his place but not sure it will happen.

Doing pretty well when it comes to one on one contests. Only losing 25%, which is better than McKay, Redman, Kelly, Cox and our other defenders. Also second in the team for total spoils behind McKay.
Nice work.
Getting a bit torrid here with the stacks on.

Coach doesn’t owe Lav anything but after being in the 22 for a while now, he knows what he’ll get and Lav knows the players and the system. Plays his role. Gives 100%.

Looked like Lav was back up in pre season. Think he’ll be playing VFL once we get a few back.

I’d love to see Hayes get 3-4 games to see if he’s ready to develop at AFL level. Then I’m hoping Reid gets back into the VFL and when match fit is pressuring for the spot.

Don’t think Essendon are best placed if Ridley takes his place when back. Think our best interceptor needs to be 3rd man.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prime Fletcher wouldn’t change much individually, it’s incremental change via players that are actually available to them.
Yeah but he's not the style they need. They have 4 Laverde's.

Yeah but he's not the style they need. They have 4 Laverde's.
are you suggesting they need a big hulking key defender? one who can stand the opposition gorillas? someone that could potentially intercept when called upon?

I know a guy

are you suggesting they need a big hulking key defender? one who can stand the opposition gorillas? someone that could potentially intercept when called upon?

I know a guy
who knows a guy ? :p

I know a guy
Yeah, something like that

Make it stop
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Want to give this guy some credit in the last couple of minutes, he actually stood up and did some nice things. He's not the player for us going forward but credit where its due.
Absolutely the only reason we held on to that win. Was always the wrong match up. Waterman has been murdering mid sized defenders for weeks. Should have been obvious.

I will never hang crap on his effort only his ability. I always said he bats above his average. Not his fault a lot of the time others are injured so he is expected to undertake a higher role than should be expected.

Let’s not kid ourselves a lot of people myself included would have liked to seen Hayes play tonight but maybe it would have been a baptism of fire and totally the wrong time to play him?

I will never hang crap on his effort only his ability. I always said he bats above his average. Not his fault a lot of the time others are injured so he is expected to undertake a higher role than should be expected.

Let’s not kid ourselves a lot of people myself included would have liked to seen Hayes play tonight but maybe it would have been a baptism of fire and totally the wrong time to play him?

Hayes is not the answer right now. Physically no match for the big forwards in the AFL. Next year might be his year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back