1st Test; Australia v Pakistan @ The Gabba November 21-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Just bowled too short.
How about the 2005 ashes where all the champs failed ? 🤷‍♂️

He still avgs 36 odd against the poms
In 2005, Langer averaged 43, Ponting 40, Clarke 37, Hayden 35, Katich 28, Gilchrist 23, Martyn 20. And that was against mint-assisted reverse swing after 15 overs.

Warner averaged 9.5 in this year's Ashes and he looked like getting out every second ball.

Just reading about cricketers' ages. Apparently Sehwag admitted to knocking off a few years to be eligible for u19s. Said it while commentating, and was shocked when the other ex-players denied they had.

Just reading about cricketers' ages. Apparently Sehwag admitted to knocking off a few years to be eligible for u19s. Said it while commentating, and was shocked when the other ex-players denied they had.
Honestly you would have to when everyone does, unless you want to be a boy amongst men for your whole junior career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner flat tracking against a poor touring team.

All is right with the world again!

Hope these guys enjoy the inflated averages they will get. Bad luck Harris, Khawaja and others, you miss out.

Interesting stats. Warner now has 28 scores over 50 in Australia and 24 overseas. Major difference is he's turned 15 of those into centuries at home but only 6 away. Made a difference to the home vs away average. More failures away though, not to mention the average of 9 during the Ashes.

36 is clearly not good enough for a test batsman

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

36 against the poms but 26 in England
24 in India
13 in NZ (only 2 tests)
27 in Sri Lanka
27 in WI

60 In Aus
62 in bangladesh (2 tests)
63 in SA (most like our wickets around the world)
60 in UAE (2 tests)

Just bowled too short.

In 2005, Langer averaged 43, Ponting 40, Clarke 37, Hayden 35, Katich 28, Gilchrist 23, Martyn 20. And that was against mint-assisted reverse swing after 15 overs.

Warner averaged 9.5 in this year's Ashes and he looked like getting out every second ball.

Again the point I make is how can you bag out warner for failing in England when a whole team of champs did 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

36 is clearly not good enough for a test batsman

It is if none of the alternatives are better.

As an aside, I used to laugh as a kid when I saw touring teams come over here with batsmen averaging in the 30s, I couldn't comprehend having a batting line up who didn't all average 40+. Now I understand their pain.

It is if none of the alternatives are better.

As an aside, I used to laugh as a kid when I saw touring teams come over here with batsmen averaging in the 30s, I couldn't comprehend having a batting line up who didn't all average 40+. Now I understand their pain.

Yeah im the same, anything under 50 was almost laughable. Now id take someone with 40

Interesting stats. Warner now has 28 scores over 50 in Australia and 24 overseas. Major difference is he's turned 15 of those into centuries at home but only 6 away. Made a difference to the home vs away average. More failures away though, not to mention the average of 9 during the Ashes.

Honestly who's stats match up home v away of recent times ?

That's what makes India so good there batsman can kick on for big scores away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back