1st Test; Australia v Pakistan @ The Gabba November 21-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Broad and Archer in English conditions vs these muppets at the Gabba may as well be different sports. Warner can make a million runs this summer for all I care, not going to change the fact he failed us repeatedly when it mattered.
Once a campaigner always a campaigner

Can't help but wonder if Pakistan might have been able to extract more movement and bowl better in general if they played three or four FC games against Shield sides to get their bowlers used to Aus conditions.

I'm not surprised that visiting teams really struggle, particularly early in series these days. They used to get a lot more cricket in before the Tests began but there is no time allowed for it in the schedule these days.

One thing that I think is being ignored (mainly because no one gives a s**t about it despite it having the ability to give context to Test Cricket) is that we have to be winning all our home matches to even be a chance of making the World Test Championship final.

None of this competitive home test stuff, we have to have a fortress for our home tests.

One thing that I think is being ignored (mainly because no one gives a s**t about it despite it having the ability to give context to Test Cricket) is that we have to be winning all our home matches to even be a chance of making the World Test Championship final.

None of this competitive home test stuff, we have to have a fortress for our home tests.
People will care about the Test Championship once the final happens, hard to see anyone but die hards really following it until they see it peak once.

Again the point I make is how can you bag out warner for failing in England when a whole team of champs did 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Big, big difference averaging 9.5 as Warner did and averaging 43 and 35 as Langer and Hayden did in 2005. In comparison to Warner, they didn't fail at all. Neither did Ponting (40), Clarke (38), and even Katich (28) averaged 3 times as many Warner did.

So the point you make is not backed by reality.

This ******* Channel Seven News ad is so stupid. Bragging about covering literally the biggest news stories? How is that something to advertise? You're the news that's s**t you're supposed to cover. Maybe if you pulled some deep cuts or exposees but saying "Hey, remember when we reported on Princess Diana's death like literally everyone else in the world?" is just a waste of my goddamnn time. FFUUUFUAUF

People will care about the Test Championship once the final happens, hard to see anyone but die hards really following it until they see it peak once.
They've ****ed up the final by it being a one-off match at Lords rather than a series at the home of the 1st placed side but I'd like to see it given some interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big, big difference averaging 9.5 as Warner did and averaging 43 and 35 as Langer and Hayden did in 2005. In comparison to Warner, they didn't fail at all. Neither did Ponting (40), Clarke (38), and even Katich (28) averaged 3 times as many Warner did.

🤦‍♂️ and gillys 23 avg? Think you pick the reality you want becasue you dislike warner as a person ..

Indian fans seem pretty keen on knowing that they're leading the Championship.

One bad series but Warner's previous series in England he averaged 46 with a half century in every Test. Like Doug Walters back in the day English conditions will never suit him but that last Ashes Series was certainly a shocker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back