1st Test; Australia v Pakistan @ The Gabba November 21-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to have the 3rd or 4th Umpire watching a live side-on shot of each delivery. If they see a no-ball, they tell the on field umpire immediately. Means, as others have said, the bowler can adjust and come back further to prevent no-balls on wickets

Front foot no-balls are really frustrating to see from a bowler anyway. That extra 5cm isn't making any difference at the end of the day
If people are concerned about the over rate getting even slower the third ump doesn't actually have to hold up play to make the call, he could just let the onfield ump know he missed one and to keep an eye on it.

Probably been covered as nauseum already and I can’t be bothered reading back to check but surely they can do something about this before it happens.

shannon Gabriel plays for my team - he bowls aboit 3 an over that get missed and invariably takes a wicket and gets called

Do you lose that much pace if you bowl with three quarters of your foot behind the line as opposed to trying to put your foot as far down the pitch as legally possible?

You wouldn't think so. I guess it goes back to the days of the back foot rule where the bowler would drag the back leg and allow themselves to get as close to the batsman as possible when you release the ball.

Nice to hear commentators STILL reminding us the lad is "only 16".

Feel like we will look back at this whole no ball issue in the future and wonder why we did not implement some kind of checking system earlier.
Just get the third umpire/literally anybody to check all deliveries so all no balls can be called.

You can guarantee if Kohli copped a call like Rizwan did yesterday, changes would be implemented immediately. We're probably just waiting for India to approve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow Warner the home track bully is back on form, he has scored more runs than the entire Ashes already

The reality is that Gilly's 23 is still 2.5 times more than Warner's 9. And Gilly wasn't even batting in the top 6.

What's Warner as a person got to do with it? He averaged 9.5 - way worse than any of the 2005 batters and Gilly. Very few batsmen survive a 5 test series averaging 9.5 letalone the next series.

Hahaha what ever kiddo

Wow Warner the home track bully is back on form, he has scored more runs than the entire Ashes already

You can’t talk! When have you scored test runs away?

And by the way any chance of top scoring tonight?

His 23 is also exactly half what Warner averaged the previous tour to England. Just had a stinker.

Someone was trying to compare Warner's 2019 performance with the batters of 2005. There is none - his 9.5 was way below any of their averages, including Gilchrist who obviously batted at 7.

As for Warner averaging 46 back in 2015, plenty of players have had good series only to be dropped later averaging way more than 9.5 in their last series. Look at Dean Jones, Brad Hodge, even AB didn't want to go. Even when Greg Chappell made all those ducks in 81/82 and people wanted him dropped he ended up averaging 31 in tests.

If anyone can name one Australian top 6 batsman who has averaged less than 10 in a series and retained their spot, I'd like to know who they are.

You can’t talk! When have you scored test runs away?

And by the way any chance of top scoring tonight?

I am no Sachin who scored his highest score against Bangladesh, that's a shame worthy achievement. I will rather hit wicket than score a triple ton. I will sacrifice my wicket in order to keep my honor intact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back