Senior 2. Zach Tuohy (2017 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Leave the discussion/complaint about trades for the other thread, this is the thread to welcome Zach Tuohy to Geelong.

Here is some good highlights from the Irishman:

And a bit more on him outside of football:

Played 120 games in 6 years with Carlton, here is hoping to many more with Geelong.

Will he wear the 42 again at Geelong? (sure Padraig will love that one). Either way hope he has many successful games in the might hoops.
All the best to you at Geelong Zach.

Leave the discussion/complaint about trades for the other thread, this is the thread to welcome Zach Tuohy to Geelong.

Here is some good highlights from the Irishman:

And a bit more on him outside of football:

Played 120 games in 6 years with Carlton, here is hoping to many more with Geelong.

Will he wear the 42 again at Geelong? (sure Padraig will love that one). Either way hope he has many successful games in the might hoops.
All the best to you at Geelong Zach.

Well #2 jumper will likely be available now.

Heard a commentator mention that he hadn't missed a game in three years which is always a plus.

Since debuting in round 11 2011 he has played 120 games in 5 and a half years so thats pretty good durability.

Beats our former strategy of recruiting broken down 30 year olds. With recent trading the age profile of the list is much healthier than it was 2012-2015.

As for Touhy, fills a need. Losing Boris hurts us no matter what, but Thurlow and Touhy in for Enright and Mackie/extra tall squares things up a bit.

Only four more players to poach before we have our dream team Carlton backline.

Really looking forward to seeing him play at Geelong. Hopefully he will form part of a different look in defence for Geelong. I can see a backline with Thurlow, Ruggles, Tuohy and Bews with couple of talks working very well. With Scarlett and Enright coaching them and Mackie, Taylor, Henderson and Lonergan around they have very good mentors.

As much as I like Guthrie down back having Tuohy allows Guthrie to play through the middle. Having signed O'Conner as cat b rookie as well Tuohy will be a good mentor for him.

his resilience is amazing - if only our other 2 irish boys had a touch of his luck - he's a ripper and a top quality bloke - great get for you lot
Thanks, mate. You speak highly of him both on and off the field, which is reassuring. Did you guys get to the bottom of why he asked for a trade? There was speculation about the coach on your board a week ago, but I haven't heard any more since.

So it was purely about money. Fair enough, if his contract offer was one which suggested he was surplus to requirements then I don't blame him. We needed a player like 2E a lot more than you, so it works out for everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As The Old Dark Navy's says, he's still underrated at Carlton - don't think he will be any longer - gonna leave a pretty big hole I reckon, although if we have strength on any line it's down back - one other thing - pencil him in for getting caught with the ball at least once a game - not cause he's slow just has a habit of getting ahead of himself every now and then - small price to pay for a flawless character and nut-hard backman with a rocket launcher boot.

Safe to say you Carlton folk would be pretty pissed in losing him for Smedts and potentially not much of a shuffle of picks next year?

We are trading our two best and longest kicks. Not content with just getting rid of goalkickers, we are not getting rid of those pesky zone breakers.

Watching those highlights again, I'm getting a little emotional. The 2017 1st rounder might save us if we can use that to send to GWS but I feel like we let too much rope out on this, and really just wanted to check out his worth and pull him back again if there was nothing huge going on.

Have to wish him well because he never went into a game half hearted. He held his end of the bargain up always.

If he can stay on the park he'll prove his talent either forward or back. He was just unfortunate to be the fourth least lucky player on our list.

Please play him forward carlton. Please not defence.

Please play him forward carlton. Please not defence.

Fortunately our forward line is s**t and we will have Weitering, Plowman, Marchbank, Docherty, Simpson in defence with Byrne to come back from an ACL midseason. He has every chance to find a spot.

Matthew Wright won Carlton's goal kicking with 22 this year. Play him forward and he would have to be a good chance to match that if his body can see out a season.

Hoping that one of our KPDs can hit the scoreboard this year. Jack Silvagni and Charlie Curnow are sneaky chances of beating 22 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back