10. North Melbourne 11-11
11. Geelong 10-12
12. West Coast 7-15
13. Richmond 7-15
14. Brisbane 7-15
15. Port Adelaide 6-16
16. Gold Coast 4-18
17. Essendon 3-19

Adelaide from 9 wins this year to 17 next year.... optimistic much?

1. Collingwood
2. Cats
3. Swans
4. Saints
5. Fremantle
6. Bulldogs
7. Adelaide
8. Melbourne
9. North Melbourne
10. Hawthorn
11. Port Adelaide
12. Brisbane
13. Richmond
14. Carlton
15. WCE
16. Essendon
17. Suns

Im missing the part where scrubber teams will have suddenly improved and we'll go backwards. We played like shit for most of the year and still finished 10th. I'd say the most likely to break into the top 8 next year would be us and Adelaide.

Port are a scrubber team. Deal with it.

as a hawks supporter im optimistic but, most ladders ether have us grossly overrate or grossly underrated.

i know its early but ATM we are injury free and if all go's right we will remain that for the whole preseason.

i don't see how we will finish lower then 9th in the near future, every thing that could go wrong went wrong in 09 and we still missed the finals by less then a game.

our list is still young and improving our best players are far from retirement and the second half of last year went 11-1-4 counting the final.
also we lost all interstate games that year.
3 of which were in the tail end of the year.

we need to really improve our interstate record if we are going to win a premiership but, i cant see us being leap frog-ed by Melbourne or North as i see us having a better list then both.

Going through the fixture game-by-game.

Collingwood
Geelong
Saint Kilda
Fremantle
Hawthorn
Sydney
Adelaide
Western Bulldogs

Carlton
Port
North
Melbourne
Brisbane
Richmond
Essendon
Gold Coast
West Coast

Power rankings PART III is out after the fixture release. For those not familiar see the quoted posts below - The Power Rankings are how I rate the team to win next year's premiership, while the following is my latest guess at the ladder.

Link to the Power Rankings Part III
URL: http://www.sportsbuzz.com.au/?p=776

Ladder:

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Western Bulldogs
4. Geelong (up 3 from 7)
5. Fremantle (down 1 from 4)
6. Hawthorn (down 1 from 5)
7. Melbourne (down 1 from 6)
8. North Melbourne (up 2 from 10)
9. Carlton (up 2 from 11)
10. Adelaide (down 2 from 10)
11. Sydney (down 2 from 9)
12. Essendon (down 2 from 10)
13. Gold Coast
14. Port Adelaide
15. Richmond
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

This is not the order of likelihood to win the premiership for mine - I've ranked the teams based on how close I think they are to the premiership here: http://www.sportsbuzz.com.au/?p=610

However my first guess at the ladder is as follows:

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Hawthorn
6. Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. North Melbourne

9. Essendon
10. Carlton
11. Adelaide
12. Sydney
13. Port Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Gold Coast
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

After trade week I've updated my power rankings (most likely to win next year's premiership) and also my ladder prediction.

Link to power rankings: http://www.sportsbuzz.com.au/?p=700

and updated ladder:

1. Collingwood
2. St Kilda
3. Western Bulldogs (up 1 from 4)
4. Fremantle (down 1 from 3)
5. Hawthorn
6. Melbourne
7. Geelong
8. Adelaide (up 3 from 11)

9. Sydney (up 3 from 12)
10. North Melbourne (down 2 from 8 )
11. Carlton (down 1 from 10)
12. Essendon (down 2 from 10)
13. Gold Coast (up 2 from 15)
14. Port Adelaide (down 1 from 13)
15. Richmond (down 1 from 14)
16. West Coast
17. Brisbane

how are we down from that fixture. That is a decent fixture we got. If at worse we would have stayed the same yes?

1. Geelong (on paper still by far the best, even without the mercenary, new coach new ideas)
2. Collingwood (there again but growing tensions from the Malthouse/Buckley situation to take a toll)
3. Western Bulldogs (less injuries, some nice recruiting of experience and 2 guns under father/son, will be better in 2011)
4. Carlton (hate to say it but will get better with young forwards having more experience ... )
5. StKilda (still very strong but with no recruiting likely to slip against the best)
6. Hawthorn (will need to find consistency and hope they have not overdone the cleanout, late picks in the draft won't help)
7. Adelaide (changing of the guard, young players with potential coming on, should improve in 2011)
8. North Melbourne (shouldn't make it, shouldn't have been close in 2010 but were and will, always play at their best)

9. Fremantle (great 2010, can't see them improving and more likely to drop back as they have in the past)
10. Sydney (unknown under new coach, Roos always got their best, if the Horse can do it too then they will make the 8)
11. Brisbane (still have Brown and Fev and with a half decent run with injuries will be knocking on the door again)
12. Melbourne (will improve further and kids get more experience)
13. Port Adelaide (new coach but still have Laidley, will be competitive in 2011)
14. Essendon (new coaching panel but same same players, Hird won't get any more from this list than Knights did)
15. West Coast (building phase but with 11 home games should win a handfull)
16. Richmond (3 players over 25 now, Cousins will be missed, well coached, like Melbourne have an exciting future but need more games in the kids)
17. Gold Coast (sprinkling of guns and a bunch of kids, will learn to play together, harmless though in 2011)

Cats for the flag again, they will benefit from the new ideas of a new coach whilst keeping the helter skelter brilliance they can unleash at times.

Can't accuse me of bias, I am optimistic for my team, we will win 5 or 6 next year but will be dangerous in 2012 :)

1. Collingwood (balanced and coached too well at the moment)
2. Fremantle (theres no reason they cant improve further)
3. Geelong (change of coach, loss of star player has to impact somewhat)
4. St Kilda (definitely going to be up there again

5. Carlton (a good draw, nice byes and an improving squad)
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Hawthorn
8. Sydney
9. Melbourne
10. Brisbane
11. North melbourne

12. Gold Coast
13. Adelaide
14. Essendon
15. Richmond
16. Port Adelaide
17. West Coast

Realistically, Collingwood will be top, the next 3 could raffle 2-4, 5-11 will be fairly close, and the same goes for 12-17.

It's always a wankfest trying to pick the ladder, especially now it's 17 teams, but a couple of dot pointers from me...

- Essendon somewhere in the middle, 8th-10th. I definitely don't think they'll languish in the bottom four again, but they aren't serious finals contenders.

- Hawthorn 10th-13th. I enjoyed the shock premiership as much as their own supporters, but there comes a time when people need to stop wanking over the list and talking about injuries. They've had two poor-mediocre seasons, and they aren't magically pulling an extra 6 or 7 wins out their ass. Savour 2008, it ain't happening again for a couple of years. Sorry, but it just ain't.

- Carlton 6th-8th, same as the last couple of years. Same amount of threat, too. They have their moments, I like their team, but this team isn't top four material. Not in 2011 anyway.

- Collingwood 1st-3rd. Definitely up there, but even with a favourable draw, not the shoe-in for number people are treating them as. There's a formula to every great team, and every formula gets figured out sooner or later by the opposition. The Essendon team of 99-01 and the Geelong side of 07-10 all enjoyed longer runs of superiority than most, Collingwood's formula only needs to be beaten decisively once for everyone to have a shot. Still, definite top four.

- Gold Coast somewhere in the middle, leaning up. Raw starpower will get them to the middle, above there it depends how they mesh as a team. No chance for a bottom four finish.

- Geelong start slipping. All great things come to an end. I've enjoyed it as much as anyone else, but I think next year they end 5th-8th.

- St.Kilda's final roll of the dice at the top. Top four finish.

- Western Bulldogs. Window closed. 6th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but there comes a time when people need to stop wanking over the list and talking about injuries.

Injury came in to play in 09 when Saints had there dream run and won 20 straight.
Also Collingwood had a full list to chose from at the start of the finals this year.
Adelaide fell from grace this year with there terrible run of players going down in the preseason.

This is a ladder prediction thread and it seems injuries take a big part of where your team will finish.

people need to stop wanking over the list

just because your team has a deplorable list we cant rate teams list anymore???? what a joke.

Adelaide from 9 wins this year to 17 next year.... optimistic much?

Have lost a hell of a lot of experience in a short time but have balanced this with a few good pick-ups and a young band of talls who are ready to make their mark. Can see Adelaide making eighth if all goes well - no way will they win 17! Definitely a case of rose coloured glasses here!

1. Collingwood - quite easily

2. St. Kilda - the only team I see being a real contender at this point

3. Sydney - will surprise quite a few next year, list is coming together really well with a good mixture of experience and youth
4. Geelong - will still be thereabouts, even without Ablett, but it's time to start over
5. Hawthorn - we all know their best 22 is good enough, just a question of depth with the large list turnover this year
6. Fremantle - will have another good year, but it's difficult to see them being a real contender with so much youth

7. Western Bulldogs - have run their race IMO. A few too many holes need to be filled before they can climb back up again
8. North Melbourne - good up and coming list with a decent run home, just need to find avenues to goal

9. Carlton - pretenders
10. Port - a team on the improve - should start to give top teams some trouble if some tough calls are made
11. Melbourne - development year for the Dees, before a push for the final in 2012
12. Adelaide - have lost a lot of good players and will need to consolidate this year and reinvent themselves
13. Essendon - essentially the same list as this year, can't see Hirdy getting a lot of improvement out of them just yet

14. Richmond - a team going places, but will still need another year before they are winning matches on a regular basis - experience a worry
15. Gold Coast - I don't think they'll be as bad as a lot of people are expecting, they've got the talent to pinch a few games
16. Brisbane - have lost a lot this off-season, but still have a few match winners (Black, Brown, Drummond) that West Coast lack
17. West Coast - rabble. Genuinely thought they'd make the eight this year, now it's difficult to see them winning games. Too much left to too few

Seriously..

arguingontheinternet.jpg

Most half intelligent people just join the dots.

Find another 15 yr old to troll.

Haha, don't crack it Nickos... I was just wondering how you figured that.

By the way, absolutely class image mate :thumbsu: Keep up the good work denigrating those less fortunate than you.

All class mate.

Best throw my hat in the ring. Went win-loss for every game, and ended with this (didn't take into account 6-day breaks, byes, or consecutive travel...)

Collingwood 17-5
St Kilda 16-6
Geelong 15-7
Sydney 14-8
Melbourne 13-9
Hawthorn 13-9
Adelaide 12-10
W.Bulldogs 11-11
-------------------
Fremantle 11-11
Carlton 11-11
Richmond 11-11
North Melbourne 10-12
Port Adelaide 10-12
Gold Coast 6-16
Brisbane 6-16
Essendon 6-16
West Coast 5-17

Clearly, I have it in for Carlton (its in the blood), Freo (well, they fell after 2006...) and the Doggies (who, lets face it, didnt beat anyone of note this year...). Melbourne's easy draw pays dividends, and I always underrate North Melbourne (if you dig up my prediction last year, it was the spoon :eek:)

So, pick me apart :thumbsu:

1. Collingwood
2. St.Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Geelong
5. Hawthorn
6. Bulldogs
7. Carlton
8. Melbourne
-------------------
9. Nth Melbourne
10. Sydney
11. Richmond
12. Adelaide
13. Port Adelaide
14. Essendon
15. Brisbane
16. Gold Coast
17. West Coast

Cats
C/wood
Hwks
Sts
Freo
Dogs
Syd
Carl

( Carlt, Melb and Nth fight out for the for the 8 th spot )

Melb
North
Lions
Esse
Richm
Port
Crows
Eagles
G/coast

Premiers: Cats or Hwks

Brownlow : Judd :cool::D:thumbsdown:
seriously : Swan

rising star : Swallow ..Gold Coast

first coach sacked : Worsfold
replacement : Laidley

blooper of the year : Hall to be suspended

Cats
C/wood
Hwks
Sts
Freo
Dogs
Syd
Carl

( Carlt, Melb and Nth fight out for the for the 8 th spot )

Melb
North
Lions
Esse
Richm
Port
Crows
Eagles
G/coast

Premiers: Cats or Hwks

Brownlow : Judd :cool::D:thumbsdown:
seriously : Swan