Injury 2013 injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't helping thinking about Goodes' injury last year. It took him many weeks to find form again. At his age, it's hard to switch things back on again. I'd have my doubts about his return.
Think GF!
Where he didn't start tearing the Hawks a new A-Hole until he got hurt.
After Goodesy hurt his knee, they didn't stand a chance the poor Hawks!

Some interesting news which many were not expecting:

Jetta to train with Sydney reserves this weekend who have volunteered a game by the sounds of it. Goodes & Reid a little bit behind. Not much on LRT.

Jetta to train with Sydney reserves this weekend who have volunteered a game by the sounds of it. Goodes & Reid a little bit behind. Not much on LRT.
Jetta strikes me as the type of player that can find 'touch' very easily, if less than 100% fit could still make a great sub come finals.

The way I heard the update, Jetta and Reid to train Saturday, Goodes and LRT to train during the week and thus theoretically all available for selection against Hawthorn. Interesting times for the selection committee.

What do you by volunteerd a game, some kind of internal practice match? or getting a gig in the SFL?

What do you by volunteerd a game, some kind of internal practice match? or getting a gig in the SFL?

Think internal.

Jetta strikes me as the type of player that can find 'touch' very easily, if less than 100% fit could still make a great sub come finals.

baja you should be happy, your favourite poster returned from her stay on the Collingwood board just to give you an injury update. That's what I call service!

Goodes 'hopeful' he'll be back this year. Translation: He most likely won't be back this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if true and he has a ML there is no way I would risk doing an ACL in a final , plus with a ML there 2 - 6 weeks injuries so he would be in doubt this year anyway ala Judd

ML is not an ACL and there are different degrees of of sprain/tear and rupture. He hasn't ruptured it or he would not have been able to play on. The fact he was standing int eh centre square long after the game ceased to be a contest is a fair indicator there is no red line through his name yet or he would not have been there after the game ceased to be a contest.

Melbourne radio today speculating Smith is in for a couple of weeks and have also mentioned Jack with a soft tissue injury near the end of the game. Anyone else got info on this?

I was also speculating that Smith was in for a few weeks and Jack was injured due to the footage of Smith being iced and Jack being attended to looking at his leg. I presume they are just drawing unfounded conclusions

ML is not an ACL and there are different degrees of of sprain/tear and rupture. He hasn't ruptured it or he would not have been able to play on. The fact he was standing int eh centre square long after the game ceased to be a contest is a fair indicator there is no red line through his name yet or he would not have been there after the game ceased to be a contest.
Never said it was an ACL of corse its not an ACL , but u only have to look at Birchell who did a ML and played out the game when he did it and then ended up missing 8 weeks

Never said it was an ACL of corse its not an ACL , but u only have to look at Birchell who did a ML and played out the game when he did it and then ended up missing 8 weeks

Birchals was a PCL, it was a misdiagnosis, a very forgivable one, by their match day doctor.

It's possible that could occur too as the calls have to be made real time no scans and swelling obstructed, but Hanners looked a classic knock to the side of the knee, medial side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back