NFL 2013 NFL Playoffs - AFC Conference Championship - Patriots @ Broncos

AFC Conference Game Predictions....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Guess what Kids.... (adults with small minds). Galactic will be chiming for a longer time than most with ausbacker amongst others). Sure, the Pats haven't won a SB since '05 (year not season) but how many teams have given their fans more to cheer about on a week to week level?

Case in point:
2 SB narrow losses
5 Conf Championship Games
Divisions won since: 8 (of 9 seasons!!)
Play-Off wins: 10

Last season of single digit wins: 2002

That's phenomenal. I dare anyone not give up that record from a fan that hasn't won a Lombardi Trophy since.

imadodgyumpire talking nothing but (insecure) 'Hate/ envy' but deep down can't really admire a better team.

Brady & Belichick are more certain to be HOFers than most SB winners of the past 8 years!!

As far as it need to be said to all the haters:

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.. Galactic isn't losing sleep on such discussions.

Bottom line: Pats are year in year out Contenders not Pretenders.

The teams that beat the Pats in the play-offs know they have achieved such greatness because you have to BEAT the BEST to become the BEST. Pats did it to the Steelers on a few occasions before they become what they become. Simple as that.

What is going on here??? Can anybody read English??? I'm very disappointed with Woodson's post, especially knowing how seriously he takes American footy. But I suppose even Brian Lara has gone out for a duck. Alain Prost has crashed out of the first Lap of a Grand Prix*.

Insecure? Envy? Of what, the Pattycakes??? ******* hell! Now I've heard it all!

Anybody who knows my posting history on here (probably only GG), knows that if I'm envious of or have admiration for any team, it is the Rams. Despite the laughable state they've been in for 10 years. As far as this board goes, I am the ******* President of The Greatest Show on Turf fan club, despite being a Panthers fans. Even over and above actual Rams fans! Envious of the Patties? Gee whiz...

My affection is so much so that even when the Cardinals pumped the Panthers in the divisional play-off, it really didn't bother me as much as it normally would. Afterwards, I was hoping Warner could correct the imbalance of having only one sb win.

Brady/Belichick may be more certain HoFer than anyone else in the last eight years, but that isn't as a result of anything they done in the last 8 years. The Rams have more HoFers in the offensive skills position, than all of NE have, in any position, since the 01 season!(Brady, Belichick and Ty Law) Randy Moss is not really a "Patriot". Fred Taylor? As much as I love him, I'm not sure he'll make HoF. All they do now is take a play-off spot.

Brady at Cincinnati is a bigger chance to win a sb, than getting another one at NE.

*Alain Prost crashed out of the 1991 San Marino GP on the warm up lap. That's before the first lap!

Guess what Kids.... (adults with small minds). Galactic will be chiming for a longer time than most with ausbacker amongst others). Sure, the Pats haven't won a SB since '05 (year not season) but how many teams have given their fans more to cheer about on a week to week level?

Case in point:
2 SB narrow losses
5 Conf Championship Games
Divisions won since: 8 (of 9 seasons!!)
Play-Off wins: 10

Last season of single digit wins: 2002

That's phenomenal. I dare anyone not give up that record from a fan that hasn't won a Lombardi Trophy since.

imadodgyumpire talking nothing but (insecure) 'Hate/ envy' but deep down can't really admire a better team.

Brady & Belichick are more certain to be HOFers than most SB winners of the past 8 years!!

As far as it need to be said to all the haters:

Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.. Galactic isn't losing sleep on such discussions.

Bottom line: Pats are year in year out Contenders not Pretenders.

The teams that beat the Pats in the play-offs know they have achieved such greatness because you have to BEAT the BEST to become the BEST. Pats did it to the Steelers on a few occasions before they become what they become. Simple as that.

The most overlooked factor Woodson is how darn hard it is to win one Super Bowl let alone multiple. Greatness often becomes the victim of its own success. As in life, sport is cyclical and I sure do sit back and appreciate this prolonged run of excellence the Patriots trot out season after season. Any winning season is something you appreciate after a 1-15 season.

Controversial? I thought everyone knew Patties fans were bandwagoners? It was a mere coincidence that the Panthers lost a sb in a similar manner to the Pats as the Rams. Panthers weren't expected to make it in 03. I thought I explained that earlier. Anybody who watches the game, would note that NE's loss in the 06 c'ship was highly unusual in the manner in which the loss occurred. Leading 21-3 and for Indy, of all teams, to come back like that?

NE would never lose like that previously. Even the loss to Denver the previous year, they were beaten by a better team on the day (and one favourable pass interference call). Imagine going through a whole season, winning every game, averaging 35+ points, and losing the sb, scoring a pissy 14? Losing to the Jets, when they "have" the Jets. Losing last week, in a limp manner. Since it's become all about Belichick/Brady and they lost initiative of Defence.

Two distinct periods in the Belichick/Brady NE history. 01 til half time in the 06 c'ship game. Half time of the 06 c'ship game til now. For all his stern exterior and football intellect, does Belichick have the balls to put the focus back on D, and pull the trigger on Tom?

edit: Hyperbole?...

...Geezuz...

GG you are a bit optimistic thinking that imadodgyumpire will stop talking about a Patriots loss that was only a week ago ...... FFS....... he still keeps banging on about the 2004 SB where his beloved Panthers took a beating from the Patriots.

Its pretty evident from most of imadodgyumpires posts, when he comments on things concerning The New England Patriots, that he has a distain for all things Patriots in general and Brady and Belichick in particular.

It's sad really that such scaring has lasted such a long time. Most anal fissures only take 1 to 2 weeks to heal. However in this case the healing process is not complete almost a decade latter.

Although you have to admire his steadfast resolve to trash talk the Patriots at any opportunity and admittedly, from time to time he does make some pertinent points, but the bitter obsession is pretty obvious.

It is what it is. !!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he still keeps banging on about the 2004 SB where his beloved Panthers took a beating from the Patriots.
Do I really?

The New England Patriots, that he has a distain for all things Patriots in general and Brady and Belichick in particular.
It's more about the most obvious case of bandwagoning I've come across my lifetime so far, which includes 90s ManU. As I've said before, if Brady wants another sb, he has to move... MOVE!

Controversial? I thought everyone knew Patties fans were bandwagoners? It was a mere coincidence that the Panthers lost a sb in a similar manner to the Pats as the Rams. Panthers weren't expected to make it in 03. I thought I explained that earlier. Anybody who watches the game, would note that NE's loss in the 06 c'ship was highly unusual in the manner in which the loss occurred. Leading 21-3 and for Indy, of all teams, to come back like that?

NE would never lose like that previously. Even the loss to Denver the previous year, they were beaten by a better team on the day (and one favourable pass interference call). Imagine going through a whole season, winning every game, averaging 35+ points, and losing the sb, scoring a pissy 14? Losing to the Jets, when they "have" the Jets. Losing last week, in a limp manner. Since it's become all about Belichick/Brady and they lost initiative of Defence.

Two distinct periods in the Belichick/Brady NE history. 01 til half time in the 06 c'ship game. Half time of the 06 c'ship game til now. For all his stern exterior and football intellect, does Belichick have the balls to put the focus back on D, and pull the trigger on Tom?

edit: Hyperbole?...

...Geezuz...

The Rams blew a SB they should have won and limped in for a win in another when "the greatest show on turf" virtually ground to a halt. No one ever heard of the Rams again.

imadodgyumpire i like his posting style and the general cut of his jib.

He does make some excellent points despite the controversial extreme of his point-making.
I find the best points he makes are the ones that look like this:

Flag_Blank.svg

The Rams blew a SB they should have won and limped in for a win in another when "the greatest show on turf" virtually ground to a halt. No one ever heard of the Rams again.
Which nfl do you follow? You're singling out two fricken games. One which has * next to it. There's a certain intensity and flair that the truly memorable teams have. It's hard to maintain that flair, and sometime those teams don't end up winning everything.

That's why in soccer, a lot of great team are remembered despite not winning a World cup (50s Hungary, 70s Netherlands, 82 Brazil). In footy, Geelong's single best team was the one that lost the GF! The 85 Bears are remembered as much as the 80s SF, despite only winning one sb.

Seriously, aside from the 3 SB, and being swept up by how handsome Tom Brady is, what is there to like about the Patsy's?

There's nothing.

Which nfl do you follow? You're singling out two fricken games. One which has * next to it. There's a certain intensity and flair that the truly memorable teams have. It's hard to maintain that flair, and sometime those teams don't end up winning everything.

That's why in soccer, a lot of great team are remembered despite not winning a World cup (50s Hungary, 70s Netherlands, 82 Brazil). In footy, Geelong's single best team was the one that lost the GF! The 85 Bears are remembered as much as the 80s SF, despite only winning one sb.

Yet ok for you to single out 2-3 Pats games. * flair, any coach worth his salt would take rings over flair any day. That 2000 also had a dreadful D. Memorable team my arse.

Yet ok for you to single out 2-3 Pats games.
Too long to list six playoff losses.
I'm just aying that why those teams are remembered, despite losing.

any coach worth his salt would take rings over flair any day. That 2000 also had a dreadful D.
They were injury stricken.

Memorable team my arse.
All the "dynasties" are mainly remembered for specific players. The Rams are remembered as a whole, but mainly their offense. They don't call the 70s steelers, 80s SF, 90s Cowboys, or Patties as The Greatest Show on Turf. None, other than the Rams, have been referred to as being "like a video game", which emphasises how good they were. Meaning they made hard ****, big plays, look easy. It's always about specific players with the others.

2008 Geelong is still a shitload better than other teams that won a GF. Better than the team that beat them in the GF. Better than the Geelong teams that won the flags surrounding the loss! The 70s Dutch team would be considered better than every WC winning team, with the possible exception of specific Brazilian teams.

Too long to list six playoff losses.
I'm just aying that why those teams are remembered, despite losing.

They were injury stricken.

All the "dynasties" are mainly remembered for specific players. The Rams are remembered as a whole, but mainly their offense. They don't call the 70s steelers, 80s SF, 90s Cowboys, or Patties as The Greatest Show on Turf. None, other than the Rams, have been referred to as being "like a video game", which emphasises how good they were. Meaning they made hard ****, big plays, look easy. It's always about specific players with the others.

2008 Geelong is still a shitload better than other teams that won a GF. Better than the team that beat them in the GF. Better than the Geelong teams that won the flags surrounding the loss! The 70s Dutch team would be considered better than every WC winning team, with the possible exception of specific Brazilian teams.

Chris "he....could.....go....al....the....way" Berman coined the termed, nothin to hang your hat on. Yes they were great to watch at times but they also had more turnovers than a lot of other teams ...yep just like a video game.

Its the fan bashing the bothers me, this bloke/kid has been trolling the pats for the last few years on here and came on to the fan page and labeled everyone a bandwagoner. I mean if your going to hate a team just cause, ok whatever..yet it's totally personal for him and he then attacks and labels others who he doesn't know jack s**t about. That really pisses me off. This guys opionions of the pats are just funny at this point, it's like listening to a nut job terrorist rant on about the satanic west. After a while it becomes repetitive. I mean its like reading the comments on NFL.com pointless. Here's a tip TFB will retire a patriot and so will Bill.

Its the fan bashing the bothers me, this bloke/kid has been trolling the pats for the last few years on here and came on to the fan page and labeled everyone a bandwagoner. I mean if your going to hate a team just cause, ok whatever..yet it's totally personal for him and he then attacks and labels others who he doesn't know jack s**t about. That really pisses me off. This guys opionions of the pats are just funny at this point, it's like listening to a nut job terrorist rant on about the satanic west. After a while it becomes repetitive. I mean its like reading the comments on NFL.com pointless. Here's a tip TFB will retire a patriot and so will Bill.

I know, it's ridiculous. Everyone knows you can't be much further east than New England...;)

Back