2015 ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier: Canada

Remove this Banner Ad

Stan the Man just slammed him on Twitter. This is going to be one heated rivalry.

As Azarenka said, why did u say it next to a microphone. idiot, if u going to say it, make sure it is bloody private or dont say it at all. especially with your reputation. honestly, that sort of stuff belongs in the locker room.

So disappointing to see a fellow athlete and colleague be so disrespectful in a way I could never even imagine. What was said I wouldn't say to my worst enemy. To stop so low is not only unacceptable but also beyond belief. There is no need for this kind of behaviour on or off the court and I hope the governing body of this sport does not stand for this and stands up for the integrity of this sport that we have worked so hard to build.

Not to defend Kyrgios but I can see why he got so angry to say something so silly.

He hit the line twice in the first set tie break and should have easily won the set but the linesman screwed him over and called it out both times.

They were really bad calls by the same linesman. When Kyrgios complained to the umpire about the linesman at the end of the set, Wawrinka told him to STFU, so he made that comment.
So he can use the "He started it!" excuse. Good for him.

The bloke just keeps proving what a w***er he is. If it were a one off I would shrug it off but it's not so I won't.

I'm gonna miss Hewitt.

Not to defend Kyrgios but I can see why he got so angry to say something so silly.

He hit the line twice in the first set tie break and should have easily won the set but the linesman screwed him over and called it out both times.

They were really bad calls by the same linesman. When Kyrgios complained to the umpire about the linesman at the end of the set, Wawrinka told him to STFU, so he made that comment.
It's cool to be angry but honestly doesn't have to get that personal. He took it way too far, in the past I've thought the media have blown things way out proportion in regards to Nick's antics but you just don't say this s**t. I'm hoping to god that Stan and Nick vs each other at the USO, would be an epic match.

Laughable. I don't know what's worse, the fact he said what he said in the first place or that his Mum is defending him on Twitter.

Got to laugh at Stans meltdown on twitter "What was said I wouldn't say to my worst enemy." Calm down buddy

I find the reaction hard to believe.

Apparently many of my opponents slept with my girlfriend. They used to only advise me when I was lining up for goal. Most of the time I didn't even know I had a girlfriend so would have been nice to know who she was.

Seriously the oldest sledge in the book.

P.s my mother was a bit of a tramp too apparently

I find the reaction hard to believe.

Apparently many of my opponents slept with my girlfriend. They used to only advise me when I was lining up for goal. Most of the time I didn't even know I had a girlfriend so would have been nice to know who she was.

Seriously the oldest sledge in the book.

P.s my mother was a bit of a tramp too apparently

Yeah but Kokkinakis did sleep with Vekic lol

Thing gonna get ugly, Kyrgios' brother claims that Stan 'assaulted' Nick in the dressing room after the match, I'm guessing there would've been some push and shove and I don't think I could blame Stan either. If he heard that comment on the actual court I reckon there would've been fireworks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thing gonna get ugly, Kyrgios' brother claims that Stan 'assaulted' Nick in the dressing room after the match, I'm guessing there would've been some push and shove and I don't think I could blame Stan either. If he heard that comment on the actual court I reckon there would've been fireworks.

Would question his injury then. Fit enough to fight, fit enough to play.

Its an ego thing. Id be angry if someone told me their mate screwed my misses before I met her and it was true.

But if you know they had a fling then what's the big deal?

If it's common knowledge then I'm sure Stan already knew they had slept together.

So unless she told him she was a virgin before going out HTFU Stan

Kyrgios............out of nowhere. Literally what an odd thing to say in the middle of a match. Admittedly he does talk to himself, a lot, actually after every single point. This time his thoughts were vented out loud. I do believe that what he said wasn't malice intention because it was so out of the blue. I'm not one of those tennis followers who take one side; he's an absolute flog or conversely what a legend for doing it. I'm more so the thought that the kid's an extraordinary talent that we haven't come across so very often in Australian tennis. I tend to celebrate his on court prowess and innovation rather than highlighting what ever he does off court. Not saying that its acceptable in anyway but they're going to absolutely drain it out of context like no other. Cue investigations into kokkinakis and what not..

Offensive abuse in reply to offensive abuse offends. Awesome story.

He's a polarising character but the media reporting is so one sided, it's pathetic
Derr. Aussie media love hating on their own. Can you imagine Serbian media painting one of their players in a bad light? No freakin' way!

Truth hurts for stan clearly. What an over reaction in the media! One line I read that it is one of the worst sledges of all time! Wow talk about exaggerating.

Villains in sport are never a bad thing, we have one now in nick and he is an Aussie. How will the AO organisers sell him to the public next year? Haha

Nick and Bernard in the 3rd round of a masters series event, knocking out the 4th and 6th seeds. Now that is the big story!

I'm glad there is some common sense in this thread. As much as it was a stupid comment (he has some explaining to do to his friend Kokkanksis and Vekic) you can understand why he said it. To me it goes back to the whole cricket and football mentally, this is honestly a pretty lame and childish insult from Nick that would be said all the time on the footy/cricket field but it's ok there but not ok here. Again, double standards.

Stan's reaction is absurd too, not the first time he's let a situation like this get to him, he basically gave up the match. He's just got let something like this go.

Well Played Nick there was some good ball in there, he now faces Isner who beat him the match after he beat Federer in Madrid, not the greatest sign.

Can I also say Tomic's win over the current US Open champ has just gone a little unnoticed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back