MVP 2016 Carji Greeves Medal - Dangerfield wins

Remove this Banner Ad

GmFt9Z9.png

Blicavs moving up the leaderboard. I know he won't finish top 3, but maybe his season was better than some here believe it to have been.

Blicavs moving up the leaderboard. I know he won't finish top 3, but maybe his season was better than some here believe it to have been.
There's no 'maybe' about it.

Catsmaninamerica did say his role wasn't purely based on touches, so we can't say they weren't warned.

He may also move down the leaderboard from this point.
From memory struggled a bit in late rounds and finals.

No doubt, but by this point of the season many were calling for him to be dropped and that he provided nothing.

People were also questioning Duncan, but both those guys are comfortably top 10 after 18 rounds - the coaches rated what they were providing at that stage of the season ands that is why they weren't dropped before finals.

No doubt, but by this point of the season many were calling for him to be dropped and that he provided nothing.

People were also questioning Duncan, but both those guys are comfortably top 10 after 18 rounds - the coaches rated what they were providing at that stage of the season ands that is why they weren't dropped before finals.

Then maybe the coaches' judgement should be further questioned.

He may also move down the leaderboard from this point.
From memory struggled a bit in late rounds and finals.
You may be right, I guess you could also say that many though Blitz was poor before R18 but they've internally rated his year so far.
Just shows how differently their criteria can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of his fan bois suggested earlier in the season that he'd be sitting comfortably in the top 10 at this stage of the B&F.

I guess they were wrong again.
So you've been saving that up for now? That's commitment. I'm not sure he was in the much talked about bottom 6 by the end of the year, but I doubt that many would have thought he would or should be in our top 10, given the role he plays, & the stage of his career.

You may be right, I guess you could also say that many though Blitz was poor before R18 but they've internally rated his year so far.
Yep.
It doesn't fill me with confidence though that our coaching staff rated Guthrie ahead of Dangerfield til half way through the season.

Yep.
It doesn't fill me with confidence though that our coaching staff rated Guthrie ahead of Dangerfield til half way through the season.
Because they wouldn't know what was expected of each of them each game would they?

Yep.

Doesn't overly worry me, it's their award they can give it on whatever criteria they like.

Unlike us they know a players role and probably factor their adherence to it in their voting. Wouldn't be surprised if Bartel polls well on QF night despite limited touches for example.

Who do you suggest does the voting then?

You leave it to the fans each week, they call a 190 number, the club charges 0.55c per vote, no limit to how many times a person can vote. Stream a show on the GFC website every Sunday night with the players who are in the lead that week where a code is released giving each vote twice as much pull.

Then we can build stadiums on top of our stadiums. No debt, no need for government grants.

Im suggesting that maybe the criteria for the voting needs tweaking if we see Guthrie leading Dangerfield at round 12.
Not rocket science really.

The voting procedure:

Every week the coaches allocate all 22 players between one and 15 votes and their best 19 weeks are counted towards their final score.

A player may be injured, rested or a substitute at different stages of the year so to ensure that they are not unfairly disadvantaged, each player's 19 highest-scoring games are added together to produce their final score for the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back