2016 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Merrett is a much better kick. He also has a burst of speed unlike Stanton. The Stanton comparison isn't valid. Their attributes are not similar.

Never said their games were identical. - its more to do with the level of footballer they will become. The Stanton comparison is very valid.

Never said their games were identical. - its more to do with the level of footballer they will become. The Stanton comparison is very valid.
Their attributes factor into the level of footballer they will become. Merrett has more weapons than Stanton and will be a better player. I'm not surprised you're choosing an argument that amounts to 'Essendon players aren't good' without reference to any of the ways in which Stanton and Merrett are similar or the ways in which Merrett is limited.

For a kid who's only had 2 seasons, albeit very good ones, in the AFL, it's quite short sighted to already put a ceiling on a very young player. Maybe if he maintained this same output for the next 5 years, he'd be another Stanton but for a youngster willing to work so hard (rumour has it, he keeps going after training is over, last one off the track), he could be anything at this stage.

It's also ridiculous thinking that he's any where near the level of Bont because Bont's in another world.

You normally use lures when you go fishing?

Your cast to bite ratio is outstanding.

Hawthorn
Port
Sydney
Fremantle
Bulldogs
West Coast
Geelong
Richmond

Collingwood
Adelaide
GWS
North Melboune
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Essendon
St.Kilda
Brisbane
Carlton

You normally use lures when you go fishing?

Your cast to bite ratio is outstanding.
I thought the Stanton comparison level was a good one. Some - like you - didn't take offense to it - he has nearly played 250 games and has multiple top 5 finishes in your B&F.

Others did - maybe they were the ones booing him and don't rate him very highly.

I thought the Stanton comparison level was a good one. Some - like you - didn't take offense to it - he has nearly played 250 games and has multiple top 5 finishes in your B&F.

Others did - maybe they were the ones booing him and don't rate him very highly.

If we draft two players a year that come in, do their job, and do it 200-250 times - be pretty bloody happy with that.

Stanton tremendously underrated, even by our own.

If we draft two players a year that come in, do their job, and do it 200-250 times - be pretty bloody happy with that.

Stanton tremendously underrated, even by our own.

Stanton has had a wonderful career but he probably peaked at a fringe top 50 player in the comp. I expect Merrett to peak higher than that.

Stanton has had a wonderful career but he probably peaked at a fringe top 50 player in the comp. I expect Merrett to peak higher than that.
Very underated player never understood why some essendon supporters dont like him never stops running and the efforts always there!

Seemed to stop running against a 200cm ruckman in the elimination final last year

You mean that guy that is probably the best ruckman in the league, and probably inside the best six or seven players in the game? That guy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, why do people keep putting Sydney so far up the list? Not hating, just asking to see if I'm missing something.

It seems to me they have a mass of injuries in the midfield with most players on altered training regimes with limited depth right when rotations are being limited, plus an aging back line with a lack of depth that can hardly bolster the midfield or carry load for it.

Yet people keep putting them into the 4.

I'd really tip them to slide.

Is it their draw?

Got some great kids coming, but I see the injuries as crippling. They only have 31 listed players who have played a game including poor Johnson.

Players at most clubs wouldn't be locks in Hawthorns best 22.
This comment should of ended the current discussion. teams should be aiming to fill the best 22 with as many players they can that will be locks in the best team in the lands top 22.

Who cares what there rated as in an arbitrary system.

If there not good enough, there not good enough so they either need to improve or be moved on.

West coast
Hawthorn
Port adelaide
Richmond
Sydney
Fremantle
Geelong
North melbourne

Adelaide
Western bulldogs
Gold coast
Essendon
Stkilda
Melbourne
Brisbane
Carlton

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
West coast
Hawthorn
Port adelaide
Richmond
Sydney
Fremantle
Geelong
North melbourne

Collingwood
Gws
Adelaide
Western bulldogs
Essendon
Stkilda
Gold coast
Melbourne
Brisbane
Carlton

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yet people keep putting them into the 4.

I'd really tip them to slide.

Is it their draw?

They are hard to read. Many people have them out side the 8 also. But you dont see any swans supporters up in arms.

Because they know and we know there as good chance finishing 1st if buddy puts the team on his shoulders or there young players break out or there new ruck and full back fit in perfectly or they stay injury free and they have a winning culture/ system just like hawthorn.

On the other side any of those things could also be the reason they finnish as low as 10th like in some predictions.

Buddy's fingers/injury history/ depression, to much reliance on the younger next generation of mids, new players needing time to get going or injuries to the wrong positions.

They are hard to read. Many people have them out side the 8 also. But you dont see any swans supporters up in arms.

Because they know and we know there as good chance finishing 1st if buddy puts the team on his shoulders or there young players break out or there new ruck and full back fit in perfectly or they stay injury free and they have a winning culture/ system just like hawthorn.

On the other side any of those things could also be the reason they finnish as low as 10th like in some predictions.

Buddy's fingers/injury history/ depression, to much reliance on the younger next generation of mids, new players needing time to get going or injuries to the wrong positions.
I think Buddy will rip a new one this year. Very proud bloke. (I try to hate him but I just can't :cry:)

Goldy's awesomeness aside, that shouldn't stop Stanton beating him to a loose ball 15 meters away.

Right right, because one moment, in one game, should be the defining factor in a players career.

It's a silly bloody thing to do.

Goldstein has lost the only 1-on-1 marking duel he's had with Jake Melksham. Must be s**t.

It's some seriously stupid s**t.

'Stanton runs and runs' - which over the course of a career obviously he has. It's what he does.

'Yeah but Goldstein beat him that one time' - And?

Andrew Welsh absolutely pantsed Chris Judd once, clearly Judd is a s**t midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back