2016 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

They are hard to read. Many people have them out side the 8 also. But you dont see any swans supporters up in arms.

Because they know and we know there as good chance finishing 1st if buddy puts the team on his shoulders or there young players break out or there new ruck and full back fit in perfectly or they stay injury free and they have a winning culture/ system just like hawthorn.

On the other side any of those things could also be the reason they finnish as low as 10th like in some predictions.

Buddy's fingers/injury history/ depression, to much reliance on the younger next generation of mids, new players needing time to get going or injuries to the wrong positions.

Sydney are pretty hard to judge this year...our starting 22 is arguably as good as anyone's in the competition. We drop off slightly in terms of depth from players 23-27 and then the rest are largely untried at AFL level.

We will need a relatively injury free season to be a crack at the flag but I'm still confident enough that we should finish top 4. A lot will depend on the likes of our 20-70 game players taking that next step...Rohan, Lloyd, Cunningham, B.Jack. Towers, Jones etc. These types of guys become twice as important given our loss of outside run in the past couple of years (Jetta, Shaw, Malceski).

Our recruits are also unknown...Talia and Sinclair being able to lock down a place in the starting 22 and perform consistently will help us immensely and if Mills can be anything like Heeney was in his first season then he will play more games than he misses.

Sydney are pretty hard to judge this year...our starting 22 is arguably as good as anyone's in the competition. We drop off slightly in terms of depth from players 23-27 and then the rest are largely untried at AFL level.

We will need a relatively injury free season to be a crack at the flag but I'm still confident enough that we should finish top 4. A lot will depend on the likes of our 20-70 game players taking that next step...Rohan, Lloyd, Cunningham, B.Jack. Towers, Jones etc. These types of guys become twice as important given our loss of outside run in the past couple of years (Jetta, Shaw, Malceski).

Our recruits are also unknown...Talia and Sinclair being able to lock down a place in the starting 22 and perform consistently will help us immensely and if Mills can be anything like Heeney was in his first season then he will play more games than he misses.
Injuries to the wrong positions can really put a spanner in the works for the swans next season.
Rucks or kpp they will suffer.
I know first hand how detrimental that can be. 09, 10 seasons where ruined because we had no fit rucks or key backs. Rouhgead also went down. We just didnt have the depth at the time to cover those positions.

Swans best team is good enough, but its stiff competition up top by the looks of it so far.

See I thought they currently were still nursing the recovery of a heap of players from last season with modified programs. Disrupted preseasons would spell a likely difficulty in running out the season.

Hawks
Port
Eagles
Freo
North
Swans
Geelong
Collingwood

---------

Richmond
Bulldogs
GWS
Crows
Suns
Saints
Demons
Essendon
Lions
Blues

Seeing all the predictions of Essendon finishing bottom four make me sad.
Because I know they're right. :(

Seeing all the predictions of Essendon finishing bottom four make me sad.
Because I know they're right. :(
I doubt bottom 4, anywhere from 7th to 12th I'd say... still have quality on the list & a freshen' up with new faces around the club from coaching staff to admin could get things clicking again.

FWIW...

Wild Bill and I have a sig bet going for next season, Whoever finishes higher after the H&A season between Essendon and North is the winner and gets to choose a signature that the other has to display throughout the final series.

I'm not too confident but would not be surprised if things just clicked for us.
Wild Bill should know from last year not to make bets in the pre season.

Goldstein has lost the only 1-on-1 marking duel he's had with Jake Melksham. Must be s**t.
No no. Milkshakes is an awesomely underrated quantity about to have a breakout season and challenge for the Brownlow. I didn't see this a few months ago but it's clear now. I bought him a new tracksuit and everything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No no. Milkshakes is an awesomely underrated quantity about to have a breakout season and challenge for the Brownlow. I didn't see this a few months ago but it's clear now. I bought him a new tracksuit and everything
... You stole that stuff from him and then became the "honourable citizen" after, didn't you PG?

... You stole that stuff from him and then became the "honourable citizen" after, didn't you PG?
I was lurking the Bombers board and someone posted that he needs a wake up call. It was all I could come up with at short notice

I was lurking the Bombers board and someone posted that he needs a wake up call. It was all I could come up with at short notice
Don't worry. You did the right thing.

In all seriousness, me and young JV grew up together, he's apparently been a very smart recruitment for you guys. Gets around players like Oliver and Petracca heaps.

Freo's team will be stronger next year than this year where they finished minor premiers... yet most of you have them out of the top 4. :confused:

They lost their fullback, have a number of ageing players and have very few young players with a big upside. They also won a lot of close games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freo's team will be stronger next year than this year where they finished minor premiers... yet most of you have them out of the top 4. :confused:
Their forward line is a big issue. Pavlich is dropping away and there is little back up. McPharlin is also a big loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back