Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gibbs has had a standout year so you are being quite harsh on him. Kreuzer has played a full season after many injuries, so give him the benefit of the doubt. Tuohy has done his job again and perhaps could be trade bait, but it would rip the heart out of the list.

The argument isnt: 'trade them becasue they're s**t' it's: 'trade them because they're good and hold value'.

Gibbs, Touhy and Kruezer hold value. All three are worth first rounders to the right side. And all three are unlikely to be still around contributing in 5 years time when the reset is completed and we're pushing for top 4.

Thanks for letting me have an opinion:)
I think we have more than half a list of expendables and a need to extract value from them if we are to decrease the list age and improve our young A grade talent. Hope SOS can find a way that still allows us to field a solid team.

We can definitely agree on tgat

Murphy - I don't think we'd consider trading the captain unless someone forces our hand with an incredible offer which I don't see coming.

Gibbs - I'd certainly be open to listening to offers but from all reports he loves the club and the club loves him. As above I can't see this happening unless an offer too good to refuse is presented.

Kreuzer - I'm sure his name will be discussed but I don't see value in trading him for what I see him as being worth on the market. If we can use him to get a first round pick or a good young player then I'd be open to it but otherwise I can't see it happening.

Tuohy - Zach is one of the few players on our list with value who I think we absolutely can afford to lose. I've said all year I'd be open to moving him on because I think we can definitely get a first round pick for him and cover his position in the side relatively comfortably.

If nothing changes ... nothing changes .
Dare to struggle ... Dare to win !!!

Well you just said it yourself. They already had a strong core group of kids.

They were in a completely different situation to us and I don't think they traded 2 first round picks. They traded Williams and pick #9 if I'm not mistaken.

If we had won a flag 2 years ago and JOM was available I'd be happy to give up picks in the late teens for him to give us that required boost. But in the position we are in now, I don't think it's the right move.

Williams got them a first round from the bombers I think.

Damian Barret who is a North supporter just confirmed North have pulled out of the race for JOM based on the medical report.

We need to be careful here big time!!!!!

Listen to the podcast on AFL website if your interested.

There actually seem to be quite a few in the media like Jon Ralph who are saying it's Hawthorn. Not sure how they could get it done as Mitchell won't come cheap in a trade.
Hawthorn probably want him, and the media has this god complex fetish with Hawthorn, they act like they can get every player they want for half the price and half the trade value just because they're the walking deities of the competition.

******* pisses me off.

I think O'Meara will be out of our hands and it'll work out better for us anyway.

You can romanticise his staggering first few years but there's a very real possibility he'll never reach his ceiling. He may fall well short of it and I'd prefer we use our own resources and turn McGrath and Scrimshaw into star players, assuming those are the players we take at those early picks.

I agree. Besides I have heard that JOMs girlfriend is the niece of Dale Tapping (Collingwoods VFL coach) and her family are huge Pies fans. So I reckon they may be the frontrunners. If they offer a future 1st and Adam Oxley (a QLD boy) that may be just enough to get the deal done.

I think we are better served focusing on a good GWS package deal and bringing in another top pick. I keep hearing about the strength of the 2017 draft but my take is that the top end midfielders available in 2016 are better than next year (more top end KPPs available in 2017).

If our focus is mids then we should try and bring in another top pick this season. I would be happy trading our 2017 1st pick for another top 5 pick this year. If we walk away with a McLuggage and Ainsworth I'd be very happy.

I agree. Besides I have heard that JOMs girlfriend is the niece of Dale Tapping (Collingwoods VFL coach) and her family are huge Pies fans. So I reckon they may be the frontrunners. If they offer a future 1st and Adam Oxley (a QLD boy) that may be just enough to get the deal done.

I think we are better served focusing on a good GWS package deal and bringing in another top pick. I keep hearing about the strength of the 2017 draft but my take is that the top end midfielders available in 2016 are better than next year (more top end KPPs available in 2017).

If our focus is mids then we should try and bring in another top pick this season. I would be happy trading our 2017 1st pick for another top 5 pick this year. If we walk away with a McLuggage and Ainsworth I'd be very happy.
They cant offer a future first, already traded their last two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn probably want him, and the media has this god complex fetish with Hawthorn, they act like they can get every player they want for half the price and half the trade value just because they're the walking deities of the competition.

******* pisses me off.
If the hawks did get both Mitchell and O'Meara it would be disastrous for the AFL, this whole system in place is really favouring the clubs at the top of the ladder. Hopefully we can get back there and use it to our advantage but things are more difficult than they used to be.

The argument isnt: 'trade them becasue they're s**t' it's: 'trade them because they're good and hold value'.

Gibbs, Touhy and Kruezer hold value. All three are worth first rounders to the right side. And all three are unlikely to be still around contributing in 5 years time when the reset is completed and we're pushing for top 4.
i don't think gibbs is dealable unless an amazing offer comes in. simpson will probably retire in a year or 2. murphy is 29 and injury prone. we can't sell all our experienced players and just field a team of kids in 2018. and gibbs is very durable and not overly quick, given how players are playing well into their 30s these i think it's almost assured he'll still be a very good player in 5 years. kruezer and touhy are the ones that we need to be looking to deal but not gibbs

we are short on mids! trading a midfielder for another makes no sense at all, itll leave us in the same position.
Kreuz cant go because he is one of only two ruckmen.
Touhy, Everitt, Armfield, Casboult possibly Buckley are the only players who MAY have currency that we could actually afford to lose.

I'm not sure this is entirely true,

Patella tendon repair is an open incision surgery normally as opposed to arthroscopic surgery in an acl. The tendon is normally sewn together and augmented with sutures through holes drilled in the bone. This approach means a decrease in mobilisation and increase in scarring but is necessary to stabilise a strong inch wide tendon. In most cases long term outcomes are considerably worse than in an acl injury. Post operatively the q angle of the knee can be changed and synovitis is common.

If you look at recent cases in the afl Chris Knights, nrl victor cruz, jerod mayo and jimmy graham. Those players either did not return or returned with significantly less of their original explosion and mobility.

I'm not saying this is definitely the case for jom. But I don't think you can be that dismissive either
I have no medical qualifications and only the information I researched, but I have become somewhat exasperated by people reading "out for 2 years" and thinking that's career over.

If you are correct then quite possibly this could be a greater issue, but i suspect our ancillary observations, that O'Meara is in high demand contract and club wise suggests a degree of medical confidence from several parties

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I have no medical qualifications and only the information I researched, but I have become somewhat exasperated by people reading "out for 2 years" and thinking that's career over.

If you are correct then quite possibly this could be a greater issue, but i suspect our ancillary observations, that O'Meara is in high demand contract and club wise suggests a degree of medical confidence from several parties

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Barrett confirmed he failed medical at North, hence why they have pulled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back