List Mgmt. 2016 Trade/Free Agency Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at what's rumoured to be available and fits Swans recruiting. No inside word.

Depends how good Edwards can be really. McGlynn is finishing up, Heeney will be a part time forward, Towers looks gone, leads to our young guy James Rose with 22 games required from him in 2017. So I think the list needs a guy like Edwards, wondering how many goals he might have in him.
In a good system, with a good game plan i could see him kicking quite a few. Would easily slot into McGlynn's forward spot. Reckon Heeney will play a lot more midfield with Mitchell likely going. No idea what he would be worth though

I’m not sure if this idea has been thrown up but if it already has apologies.

Gold Coast get– pick 6
Richmond get – Prestia, GC Pick 21, GC pick 22

Then…

GWS get – pick 21,22 = 1723 points
Richmond get - pick 7 = 1644 points

Could that work?

So we get Prestia and pick 7
GC get pick 6 to go with the 1st rounders they already have in pick 4 and 8
GWS get a points upgrade to cover their academy players
Win/win/win don’t you think?
Wtf. In the end we get Prestia for a 1 pick downgrade?
Gold Coast are giving us Prestia for nearly nothing in that scenario.

Wtf. In the end we get Prestia for a 1 pick downgrade?
Gold Coast are giving us Prestia for nearly nothing in that scenario.

How are they getting nothing? They upgraded pick 21/22 to almost a top 5 pick!

Starting to think Edwards could be the pick up for the Swans this off season. Good list fit. Would love a creative small/medium type to come in kick 30+.

I know him for his finishing, doesn't need a lot and has some creativity going i50. What's stopped him from reaching the next level? Any chop in the midfield? Curious to hear what Tigers people think he is capable of.
Well I mean he was getting their last year until Franklin flattened him and he lost all of his momentum.

But yeh he does stuff like this @ 4:10

Can be really silky, really fast hands but goes missing often (finals record is poor) and isn't that consistent.

Last edited:
Just looking at what's rumoured to be available and fits Swans recruiting. No inside word.

Depends how good Edwards can be really. McGlynn is finishing up, Heeney will be a part time forward, Towers looks gone, leads to our young guy James Rose with 22 games required from him in 2017. So I think the list needs a guy like Edwards, wondering how many goals he might have in him.

Give us Nankervis and we'll call it square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are they getting nothing? They upgraded pick 21/22 to almost a top 5 pick!
And gave away Prestia.

As you said.

That means JUST pick 21, 22 are worth 1723
and pick #6 is worth 1,751
Take out Prestia and then it becomes a fair deal. Unless Prestia is worth 28 points which is less than pick #71

Reckon thats about spot on

Edwards getting on a bit age wise, fits into Sydneys current premiership window.
Nankervis fills a need for Richmond and is still young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bit awkward. Lol

Reckon you guys will like Nankervis. He's a bruiser.
I actually discussed with LukeParkerno1 about a trade for Mitchell involving Edwards and 2nd rounder. That would be a win win IMO.

I actually discussed with LukeParkerno1 about a trade for Mitchell involving Edwards and 2nd rounder. That would be a win win IMO.

How much of Deledio's salary could be the sticking point though. I don't mind the trade though.

Starting to think Edwards could be the pick up for the Swans this off season. Good list fit. Would love a creative small/medium type to come in kick 30+.

I know him for his finishing, doesn't need a lot and has some creativity going i50. What's stopped him from reaching the next level? Any chop in the midfield? Curious to hear what Tigers people think he is capable of.

Edwards is an interesting one. Like others have said I reckon he'd compliment you side quite well.

IMO his best role is small forward with stints in the middle. His kicking has really improved over his career and is a deceptively long kick, can clear 50 with ease.

He has fantastic laser-like hands in close and would link well as that second in line mid/releasing mid. Very creative.

He is prone to going missing for large stints in games though, and that'll be without a quick burst of goals/brilliance. Though that could very much be a case of the team he's in and our s**t gameplan that doesn't allow fast scoring.

Could easily see him kicking 40+ and assist in many more with you guys if he's able to stay fit for the majority of the season.

If we're offered a 2nd rounder or he's involved in a trade to get Mitchell, I'd be happy to see him traded.

And gave away Prestia.

As you said.

That means JUST pick 21, 22 are worth 1723
and pick #6 is worth 1,751
Take out Prestia and then it becomes a fair deal. Unless Prestia is worth 28 points which is less than pick #71

GC only have Bowes as an academy player who is a top 5 pick so they’ll be required to use pick 4 on him. From that point onwards points are meaningless to GC and all picks will represent as players. So we are giving them pick 6 for prestia and two 2nd rounders.

Look it’s only an idea that I thought was very similar to the Tyson trade where Melbourne gave up pick 3 but got pick 9 and 20 in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of favour Western Bulldogs ruckman Will Minson is commanding interest from several rival clubs.

Minson, 31, has played 191 games for the Dogs in a 13 year career, however, he has managed just 12 games in the past two seasons, including only two this year.

NewsCorp
reports that he is attracting significant interest from Brisbane, Gold Coast, Richmond and North Melbourne, with his career at the Bulldogs looking all but over.

Edwards would be perfect for the Swans. Would be the cream on top in the forward 50 and he would have plenty of service from the Swan's midfield. We just don't have the midfield able to provide him with constant supply. In fact, Sheds spends time in the midfield to cover rotations. He would be strictly an outside mid that creates something out of nothing. I don't think he would get much game time in the Swans' midfield.Would kick 30+ goals easy.

Would be the perfect replacement for McGlynn and compliment the emergence of Papley. Sheds would be a much better player at the Swans than at the Tigers UNTIL we are able to rebuild our midfield and change our gameplan severely.

There have been rumors regarding Sheds to Swans. If we can convince Mitchell to join the Tigers and possibly Nankervis, then I would be happy to trade Edwards out as part of a deal.

Out of favour Western Bulldogs ruckman Will Minson is commanding interest from several rival clubs.

Minson, 31, has played 191 games for the Dogs in a 13 year career, however, he has managed just 12 games in the past two seasons, including only two this year.

NewsCorp
reports that he is attracting significant interest from Brisbane, Gold Coast, Richmond and North Melbourne, with his career at the Bulldogs looking all but over.
Pass...there is a reason he has played VFL for the past 2 seasons...not even as a back up

The thing is about these pick ratings is, its all well and good to state a few pick further down the draft order is fair trade, but if you don't have access to it, it doesn't work. Then you have to manipulate trading to get that pick, which means it can also stuff your list around. Sometimes it is better to give up the pick you have, and try to get something back in return.
Don't disagree with this. I was just highlighting the fact Gold Coast would be winners out of a straight swap for pick six and Prestia.

Can you imagine Shane Edwards at Buddy's feet? He'd be viewed as an A-grader and they'd kick some miracle goals. I'd watch them more than Richmond if we have a poor year!

Edwards has at times been one of our leading centre bounce clearance players. I don't think we have the size to compliment him in the centre square at the moment but he can play on ball well or be a very good link player. He had star potential in 2015 and I think he's the icing on the cake type for the swans and would likely come cheaply salary wise. Very astute trade and Sydney trade.

Can you imagine Shane Edwards at Buddy's feet? He'd be viewed as an A-grader and they'd kick some miracle goals. I'd watch them more than Richmond if we have a poor year!

Not sure Shane finds it all that comfortable

GPgfLbVM3WyXm8G10d86cM85ijIaoxIsqycKhfMQcidcVSRDbrTXz--uEK38jaLDpQsVXUzVQg6j8KWMHiaqQ4Dhzc__3soKN1ETUosJJDIV6OhqOWQufs2wWuQRLuumM8h5HgM=w511-h288-nc

How much of Deledio's salary could be the sticking point though. I don't mind the trade though.

depending upon how the trade swap worked, I reckon we'd eat part of Deledios pay. We have cap space, and for the right deal I think we'd take that hit to get a good player across to us

depending upon how the trade swap worked, I reckon we'd eat part of Deledios pay. We have cap space, and for the right deal I think we'd take that hit to get a good player across to us
That is what I thought, if Lids could get us Mitchell and we had to pay $100-$150K of his wage for a couple of years it would be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back