List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I see in Brett Anderson’s mock draft he just released he has taking the following:

Pick 19 : Charlie Ballard
Pick 42 : Noah Balta
Pick 52 : Brandon Starcevich
Pick 55 : Noah Answerth
Pick 56 : Brayden Crossley
Pick 73 : Brahden Ainsworth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be happy with those picks - just swap Ballard for Zac Bailey (BA had him going at #20) and I would be wrapped with those first 3 picks

Yeah I reckon we'll take 3 players but I want four. If we take four my list would be;

19 - Zac Bailey
41 - James Worpel
50 - Jackson Ross/Brandon Starcevich/Toby Wooller
52 - Brayden Crossley

Hey Thurls

Are you hearing anything about the rookie draft and some of the older guys like Crameri still?
Your news is always welcomed haha

Bassman, truth is no, Mark Evans has the place water tight now which I respect given the changes he has had to make, if I do hear anything good regarding any mature age guys I will let you know

Yeah I reckon we'll take 3 players but I want four. If we take four my list would be;

19 - Zac Bailey
41 - James Worpel
50 - Jackson Ross/Brandon Starcevich/Toby Wooller
52 - Brayden Crossley

Do you think we will take 4 18 yo's ? I really hope not but would'nt surprise , my guess for the 4

19 - Charlie Constable
41 - Noah Balta
50 - Jordon Keras
52 - Brayden Crossley

Do you think we will take 4 18 yo's ? I really hope not but would'nt surprise , my guess for the 4

19 - Charlie Constable
41 - Noah Balta
50 - Jordon Keras
52 - Brayden Crossley
Can't see Keras going in the ND. I don't think we will take 4 hence me saying that but those picks are who id like if we do.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I see in Brett Anderson’s mock draft he just released he has taking the following:

Pick 19 : Charlie Ballard
Pick 42 : Noah Balta
Pick 52 : Brandon Starcevich
Pick 55 : Noah Answerth
Pick 56 : Brayden Crossley
Pick 73 : Brahden Ainsworth

He seems to Noah lot about us. :p

Reckon Dew is going to employ the flood?

Constable would be awesome at 19 but I reckon he will be gone by then ><

I’m looking at recent phantom drafts and his name is dropping further down the pecking order that we might be a chance , but knowing our luck he’ll be free come pick 19 and Clayton will pick a 50kg kid with a silky handball on him.

It sounds like the draft experts have no idea who is going where this year as it is so even for the #1 pick this year and so even through the top 20-30 players as well and no info seems to be leaking out from clubs as to who their preferred choices are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at our team, would hope that most of our recent draftees will force their way into the best 22.

We could easily play 10 guys 21 or under next year, plus Weller, Miller, and KK will only be 22.

The point? Going to have enough young guys playing next year that a ready made player is not super important. Got that this year already with Weller.

So unless someone drops to us, would like us to have a crack at a player with tons of potential.

Brett Anderson had us taking Ballard from SA, KM rates Zac Bailey. Either would do me. Murphy would have been a good choice but it sounds like he will be gone. Same for Bonar.

Would also be a good year to take a tall since a few clubs might be waiting for next year. Too early for Balta?

PS. If someone does drop too much, take them instead.

I doubt it has any resemblance to what actually happens on draft night but some of you may be interested, so I figured I'd post here. We've been running through a mock draft on our board and I've been picking for you guys. So far I've taken:

Pick 19: Charlie Constable (191cm, 86kg, inside mid/general defender)
Pick 41: Brandon Starcevich (187cm, 88kg, balanced midfielder)
Pick 50: Toby Wooller (193cm, 90kg, general forward/inside midfielder)
Pick 54: Nathan Kreuger (196cm, 89kg, tall utility)

I tried to bolster the inside mid stocks while also picking players who have some level of positional flexibility (largely because I'm unfamiliar with your list and was told inside mids were a priority). I considered Andrew McPherson at 41 but went for Starcevich. Thought he may get to 50 but he went at 45.

Good luck on the draft night!

I was under the impression that connor nutting was a HBF based on what I saw him play in the NEAFL, twomey says he is a forward in the article linked. can anyone confirm? I thought he looked like he had a lot of potential as a running defender...

From what I have seen of him he looks more like a running and linking defender.

I was under the impression that connor nutting was a HBF based on what I saw him play in the NEAFL, twomey says he is a forward in the article linked. can anyone confirm? I thought he looked like he had a lot of potential as a running defender...
He's versatile can play forward or back.
Was a back in our NEAFL team but played as a small CHF for Broadbeach during QAFL finals. Took several good marks and kicked 4 goals in a final against eventual premiers Palm Beach.
Possibly best of the Academy kids after Crossley. May make it in the main draft but more likely a rookie I would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back