Official Club Stuff 2017 Membership Tally - *50,326 - Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

20228309_10155480852273334_4964498491733913788_n.jpg

Good work, sadly we didn't hit 50,000 earlier in the season, but it is good to hit that number anyway, only the third time we've hit it too (2013, 2016)

I wonder when we'll hit 60k. Hopefully only a few years till we win finals.

50000 seems very low for us, I can never figure out why we hav such a low membership compared to other clubs we would hav way more supporters than. Are the club not doin something wrong when it comes to memberships or are we just all closet supporters

Last edited:
Speaking to a Carlton supporter friend of mine last week, apparently Collingwood gave free footy memberships (whether asked for or not) to their netball members.

Go figure...

From what I can recall (some years ago now), Carlton typically ranked much more highly in membership revenue than the raw numbers suggest.

Not sure if that's still the same or whether the accounting is more fuzzy than it used to be.

Great result though, considering the lack of infield success. Fans can see the progress.

50000 seems very low for us, I can never figure out why we hav such a low membership compared to other clubs we would hav way more supporters than. Are the club not doin something right when it comes to memberships or are we just all closet supporters

Carlton supporters are self righteous with significant chips on their shoulders.

This bleak period has shown us up plain and simple, it will be both nice and sickening to have them back on board if things continue going to plan but honestly if you're a Carlton supporter, with disposable income, and can't see the transformation the club is going through as a whole then I encourage you all to look a bit deeper.

Carlton supporters are self righteous with significant chips on their shoulders.

This bleak period has shown us up plain and simple, it will be both nice and sickening to have them back on board if things continue going to plan but honestly if you're a Carlton supporter, with disposable income, and can't see the transformation the club is going through as a whole then I encourage you all to look a bit deeper.
I thought the figures for the past 25 years showed we tended to have a lot of people who supported without being members (ie. match day revenue in the good years)?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wish the AFL would show all clubs home game member numbers & 3 game member numbers seperate. I wouldnt be surprised if a third of Collingwood members are 3 game members. I reckon we have a lot more home game members than 3 game members.

Come on Harks! Without your support we'll never get to 55,000.

I think we saw the 55K mark as being the target this year, but not to be.
Can't see how we're going to lift our numbers next year, given our ladder position.

We here, aren't everyday supporters. Many need to feel part of something big, before jumping on board....seemingly more-so Carlton people.
I reckon we're going to find it tough to hit 55K until we make the finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back