MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This theory that blood is drawn so it can't be low impact is just plain bs. If two body parts with bone close to the skin impact, even with a low level of force, chances are blood will flow.

If only the MRP would allow Preuss into the room and allow him to elbow each of them in the temple with what he considers low force I'm sure they would see that...

Perfect example of where the "no realistic alternative to contest the ball" clause should be thrown in.

"Ben showed the perfect technique demonstrated in the afl videos* of turning side on to protect the body and bracing for impact. Due to the hawthorn player fumbling the ball, Ben saw a 50/50 chance to win possession. Due to the new rules introduced in 2016 to encourage players to stay on their feet, Ben expected his oppisition counterpart to utilise the similar "correct" technique in bracing for contact, must I reinforce this is the same technique outlined in the video* distributed to clubs by the afl. However rather than Ben's opponent using this techique, in the players desperation for making a mends to the earlier fumble, he made an instrinctive lunge towards the ball. As Ben was already bracing for contact, unknowing that in a "pre-season" non-competitive game his opponent would think to put his body on the line. Ben's actions were reasonable in circumstances, and thus we request that you throw out charges laid again Ben, as it is a gross misinterpretation of the rules when incidental contact is made while contesting the ball and sets a perplexing precident for future occurances."

* - an assumption is made that said video was sent out to clubs and is vision of the commentators circle jerking over pendleburys perfect technique from a few year back.

Very poor decision if we dont appeal.

totally agree

Serious question: was he wearing one of those new concussion monitors behind his ear? These are designed to measure impact to head I believe. If so can this info be requested or taken into account.

It's a formula.

They applied a formula and this is where it landed.

We've struggled to get things downgraded to accidental in the past.

His knee made contact was high and drew blood.

There is a table for this s**t giantroo do you have the table?

That's what happened, it's not a conspiracy, it's not ludicrous, it is where it fits in a predetermined framework that has been outlined for years.

What would we have argued on he looked like he didn't want to make contact? Down to accidental? How many times has that worked for us?

He made contact and drew blood so force is probably off the table.

It was high.
It drew blood.

There is enough reason for them to give it and little ground to stand on to argue against it. So that'd be why we're not
Yep, it is posted in the OP.

Here it is again:

2016MRP.png

If Preuss is running next to Cyril behind play and they turn into each other reacting to the play, Preuss' shoulder glancing Cyril's forehead causing a split, what is the outcome?

It's not intentional, the contact is high and draws blood.

Cyril? Seriously?

Preuss would never play football again.

He made contact and drew blood so force is probably off the table.

It was high.
It drew blood.

There is enough reason for them to give it and little ground to stand on to argue against it. So that'd be why we're not
He had one of those concussion sensors on and their medical staff let him back on the field. Low impact.

Some Hawthorn muppet on the main board has now decided that Cunnington kneed people 3 times on the weekend and they just "penalised the one they could". I'm struggling here. Is he genuinely referring to him taking a screamer and copping a player in the head on the way down as "kneeing"? Idiots.

I agree but the old duty of care clause those soft nuts at AFL house put in the MRP rules hangs Ben. If we were to appeal and Gleeson asked us "if Ben was going for the ball, why wasnt he bending over to pick it up?". What would your answer be?

Well I don't really think he had time to bend over tbh. Maybe if he was an acrobat in a circus, he might have pulled off that manouvre, but he is not. He is an Australian Rules softballer, sorry footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Cunnington will miss North’s first game of the season after accepting a one-match ban from the Match Review Panel.

The midfielder, one of the Roos’ standout pre-season performers, was charged with engaging in rough conduct on Sunday at Arden Street.

“We’re obviously disappointed not to have Ben available for our season opener against the Eagles, but based on the classification handed to us by the MRP and after taking legal advice, there were no solid grounds for us to challenge the charge,” North GM of Football Cameron Joyce told NMFC.com.au.

“It’s something we deliberated over for much of yesterday and again this morning, but it was decided the risk of losing him for an additional week was too great.”

Last edited:
Im sure they would have looked into every avenue so its hard to fault the club completely.

The MRP is a serious joke though. The amount of crap they get away with is pretty ridiculous

Booooooooooooo.

Correct decision by the club though - there is no way the MRP would let him off and he'd be missing 2 games if we did challenge.

What about the grounds that it was an accident caused by Dureya being a total potato and fumbling the ball?

Seriously expect the MRP to hand down stupid suspensions to our players that they would never give to a bigger club, because we never seem to challenge and always take the penalty.

There has to be a time where you say enough is enough, its a contact sport and accidents happen.

Suspensions should be for deliberate acts, not accidents in a collision sport.

That decision has set the tone that competing for the footy is not ok when its on the ground and the player on the ground has no duty of care to protect himself.

Get out the bibs soon, AFLN(etball) is the next big thing.

It is not GR who is saying that. He is just more or less quoting what is written in the Age today. Here is the full article, which actually contradicts itself as to where the ball was. In one part it says that Duryea was the ball carrier while in another it says the ball was being contested.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ee-to-hawk-taylor-duryea-20170227-gumbr4.html
I know.... I wasn't arguing with GR, I was pointing out that theory written on the article is irrelevant.

i think we are the only club in the league that wouldn't challenge the decision.
Wasn't even mentioned in the commentary as a possible issue and those clowns are all over anything even remotely that might result in a suspension.

Another example of us bending over when it comes to accepting the ridiculous views of the MRP.

This was nearly one where the club had to say our player did nothing wrong we need to stick up for him. Not we couldn't find anything one legal grounds to defend.

I'm sure the Tribunal who is made up of ex players would have called this for what it was, purely accidental contact. How else do you compete for the ball or is that the radical new plan to eliminate contests so they can play kick to kick?

Ridiculous. Cant wait to see what other absolute crap the MRP pulls this year. Just don't know what Ben was supposed to do in that situation when the Hawks bloke changed direction and lunged forward. In my opinion he did everything right, He went the ball, and didnt slide in and there was incidental contact. Not even careless as he could of ran in much harder, he actually tried to stop. And the medium impact only came from Dureya changing direction at the last minute and throwing himself forward. They have made it sound like he went in to knee him in the head. Only thing he could of done was somehow make his leg magically disappear. Geez they are making it hard for players to attack the ball.

He had one of those concussion sensors on and their medical staff let him back on the field. Low impact.

It opened him up and we aren't playing a final next week.

Gaso is right AFL don't like blood.

DOn't get me wrong, its horse s**t, but it is merely a symptom of the broken system.

i think we are the only club in the league that wouldn't challenge the decision.

Outside of the Boomer Challenge to play in a final (which carries special consideration) what others have we challenged and won?

It opened him up and we aren't playing a final next week.

Gaso is right AFL don't like blood.

DOn't get me wrong, its horse s**t, but it is merely a symptom of the broken system.

Outside of the Boomer Challenge to play in a final (which carries special consideration) what others have we challenged and won?
We don't challenge we 99% of the time take the penalty.

We come out in the media and say we believe the player did nothing wrong but its too big a risk. Absolute garbage by the club, to not challenge this.

The MRP will keep on handing down bullshit suspensions to our players because they know we take it like their little bitch.

I would have no doubt that the Tribunal who is made up of ex players would throw this one out, citing it was accidental and not careless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back