Opinion 2018 Draft. Picks 53, 86 &? 93

Remove this Banner Ad

The balance between both light frames for endurance and heavier frames for contest should be what we aim for, our talls for the past couple of seasons have been too light and the contested brand of footy over the 16 - 17 seasons have shown that for the most part our in and under players could have done with a couple of extra kg's of lean muscle.
The past season and a change in the rules next season might show a return to a more endurance based game but for those that have watched Richmond will know that game style and structures can allow impact players to save energy by only committing a certain numbers to contests and staying in your own zone.
I for one would like to see more size on the majority of our players but if we are to continue to go down the route of playing possession based keepings off and less contested footy it would not make much sense.

Whatever helps you guys sleep at night, there is a lot more to it than cheating forward and funny enough I think you guys know that.
Anyway not wanting to get into a shitfight over Richmond's game style or having to go into war and peace style explanations either but others have put up some good synopsis of the plan on our boards over the past 18 months.
Not much in footy these days about through luck but you don't need much bad luck to stuff a season.

Even when playing junior footy against the Geelong boys and the lads from Murray they always seemed bigger and more developed..

I love the look of Kosi though, exactly what we need, the club have drafted very well on face value.

I found when playing junior rep carnivals against Wagga Wagga / Riverina region (U15-16s) that whilst we all looked like genuine 15 to 16 year olds that most of them looked like fully grown men that had facial hair that I still don't have today. I'll never forget warming up for some of the games and looking over to our opposition warming up thinking I wonder why their senior team is warming up his early not knowing that's who we were playing. I think a lot of it has to be attributed to these kids growing up and around that farm lifestyle. Some have jokingly mentioned about the drugs in chicken etc but I actually think it is the opposite where these kids are living off of more clean foods without all the preservatives and things like that.

The balance between both light frames for endurance and heavier frames for contest should be what we aim for, our talls for the past couple of seasons have been too light and the contested brand of footy over the 16 - 17 seasons have shown that for the most part our in and under players could have done with a couple of extra kg's of lean muscle.
The past season and a change in the rules next season might show a return to a more endurance based game but for those that have watched Richmond will know that game style and structures can allow impact players to save energy by only committing a certain numbers to contests and staying in your own zone.
I for one would like to see more size on the majority of our players but if we are to continue to go down the route of playing possession based keepings off and less contested footy it would not make much sense.

Bumps you are spot on as always, I agree 100%.. You have an eye for footy that's for sure! Catch you in Kyneton soon :)

I'd like to see a maximum of two selections being able to be used on a bid to. None of this four picks gets you Mills at 3 bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

If only things worked that way in trades also, we actually could get diamonds for trading TOB, Shoey and Miles in a package deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see a maximum of two selections being able to be used on a bid to. None of this four picks gets you Mills at 3 bullshit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They did change the rules recently (as in, after Mills was drafted), where clubs can only go into the draft with as many selections as they have list spots. So if they use 4 picks to match a bid, then they'll need to make 3 selections in the 90s to complete the draft

So it is a slightly better system than what it started with.

Didn't mind the trading out then back in - made sense to do so, and I hope we'd do the same.

Cant remember being less excited by a new crop of draftees... flipside i suppose is the excitement around Scully and Wings.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's what happens when you have two picks in the National Draft, both coming after 50. In saying that, Kosi is a solid pick and I'm excited about Parker, he has some real upside. Hoping they have a long term plan to turn him into an inside mid.

That's what happens when you have two picks in the National Draft, both coming after 50. In saying that, Kosi is a solid pick and I'm excited about Parker, he has some real upside. Hoping they have a long term plan to turn him into an inside mid.

1bd5aae6226850367c1e45d0be9b0f54bc1acc4e

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:;):D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back