Opinion 2018 Draft. Picks 53, 86 &? 93

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing with Walker, is why would GWS pass on him so late? If he was any good, they'd match the bid right?
List spots. They didn’t pick again, not even a rookie selection.
Our next Luke Breust, I wonder if he played rugby?!

And the recurring migraines

Dwayne Wade deals with this all the time as did Scottie Pippen.. in fact I dealt with it playing footy, it could be a range of things but doctor explained to me how our blood vessels in our brain sort of trigger and trip when stimulation occurs. Stimulation could be a mix of bright lights, caffeine, intense physical activity, stimulants.

I did a lot of research and taking vitamin b12 along with magnesium with the main ingredient being Oxide has completely removed migraines from my life.. haven’t had one in 2 years, but I dealt with 4-5 a year up until a few years back, they are completely debilitating. Hopefully chip works it out

Another off season that fits with the Hawthorn model.

Use trades and free agency to target proven forwards, match winners and midfielders.

Use later draft picks to target the less “sexy” role players - defenders, flankers, outside players.

Key defender and a few flankers out of the draft. About as good as we could expect out of the picks we had. Got the matchwinner and gun midfielder in trade period

Another off season that fits with the Hawthorn model.

Use trades and free agency to target proven forwards, match winners and midfielders.

Use later draft picks to target the less “sexy” role players - defenders, flankers, outside players.

Key defender and a few flankers out of the draft. About as good as we could expect out of the picks we had. Got the matchwinner and gun midfielder in trade period

Hopefully Cegs can play from the goal square as we don't have 1 marking target without him.

Your thoughts on our draft ? I know you follow the under 18s very closely.

im pretty happy with it,

Jacob Koschitzke: was a dominant tall defender at the Champs then got injured, tall, lacks a bit of speed and flexibility, but he is ready to go physically, i only saw a couple of his games so unsure if he is always as dominant, but he is a good pick up

Mathew Walker: i am a fan of how he plays (med forw flanker), great mark can take a contested mark, beautiful kick, has good goal sense, can go into the mid for rotations, he is a bit laconic, meaning he isnt known for his high work rate

Damon Greaves: is an interesting choice, someone likened him to Kyle Cheney, i think they are close, medium defender who doesnt mind the contested tough part of the game

Will Golds: he is an accumulator mid, with a slim frame, worth a rookie spot, if he builds his physique it could complement his poss winning ability

Mohr i think is 31 at the start of next season? and Will Langford for contractual reasons

obviously it wasnt a great draft seeing as we didnt have the ability to get the players we would have loved to have gotten into the club, but from where we were in the draft we recruited 4 youngsters who will add to our squad, Koschitzke could play AFL next year if injury and form allow, Walker could be another Breust/Ben Dixon but with different strengths and weaknesses, Golds could be a surprise if he can show he can accumulate and play mid against men at a higher level and Greaves could be that medium defender like Hardwick if all goes well...

the only negative atm is Tim Mohr as a 31 year old instead of getting a state league player or a developing youngster, we recruited a guy that might last a year or 2 if he is lucky?

im pretty happy with it,

Jacob Koschitzke: was a dominant tall defender at the Champs then got injured, tall, lacks a bit of speed and flexibility, but he is ready to go physically, i only saw a couple of his games so unsure if he is always as dominant, but he is a good pick up

Mathew Walker: i am a fan of how he plays (med forw flanker), great mark can take a contested mark, beautiful kick, has good goal sense, can go into the mid for rotations, he is a bit laconic, meaning he isnt known for his high work rate

Damon Greaves: is an interesting choice, someone likened him to Kyle Cheney, i think they are close, medium defender who doesnt mind the contested tough part of the game

Will Golds: he is an accumulator mid, with a slim frame, worth a rookie spot, if he builds his physique it could complement his poss winning ability

Mohr i think is 31 at the start of next season? and Will Langford for contractual reasons

obviously it wasnt a great draft seeing as we didnt have the ability to get the players we would have loved to have gotten into the club, but from where we were in the draft we recruited 4 youngsters who will add to our squad, Koschitzke could play AFL next year if injury and form allow, Walker could be another Breust/Ben Dixon but with different strengths and weaknesses, Golds could be a surprise if he can show he can accumulate and play mid against men at a higher level and Greaves could be that medium defender like Hardwick if all goes well...

the only negative atm is Tim Mohr as a 31 year old instead of getting a state league player or a developing youngster, we recruited a guy that might last a year or 2 if he is lucky?

Mohr fit is better than Chip for me.

Hopefully Cegs can play from the goal square as we don't have 1 marking target without him.

Interesting article on Mitchell Lewis this morning is suggesting otherwise. I’m not expecting big things, but hopefully he gets a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember last year I wanted garthwaite late in the draft as a pure one on one stopper and he seems to be developing very nicely at the tigers. Kosi reminds me of that in the sense as a pure defender he is very good but doesn't offer much rebound which we dont need from him. Very nice get late in the draft and the fact our lack of kpd worked well in our favor as others didnt see him as a need.

Greaves for me is the big score in the rookie draft, Teams often look for x factor traits or small snippets of what a player could become or improve in an afl system. Time and time again players like greaves slip through to late in the draft where they have not put a foot wrong all season and do everything well with not having any standouts traits. Averaged good numbers in the wafl then transferred that to the championships with 22 possessions in game 1 where he looked very impressive , if not injured he would have rated alot higher . So many similarities to hardwick without maybe the pace that Hardwick has, perfect Stratton replacement in a couple years .

Interesting article on Mitchell Lewis this morning is suggesting otherwise. I’m not expecting big things, but hopefully he gets a chance.
I reckon Tige has pretty good Intel on mitch-lewis well above what any article tell us. Good positive stuff to read anyhow.
Just hope ML doesn't go down the path of what Crawf did for a few years and over do it and just trust and let the experts advise him on what is best.

Just curious what they feed young kids these days. Both Kosi and Walker look like they’re in their late 20s.
Walker with the 12 o’clock shadow.

I reckon Tige has pretty good Intel on mitch-lewis well above what any article tell us. Good positive stuff to read anyhow.
Just hope ML doesn't go down the path of what Crawf did for a few years and over do it and just trust and let the experts advise him on what is best.

I do love Mitch, has a future but his time will be 2020 and onwards.. although we may be forced to feed him games in 19 simply due to the fact we missed the boat with TL, might be a blessing. Mitch looks fit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back