Injury 2018 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know the latest on reid?? Surely must be running by now?? Sometime after bye be back??
He's still listed as 6-8 weeks, I'd bet he hasn't run for 8 weeks.

Hopefully there were no injuries from the ones or twos on Saturday. That being the case our injury list may only consist of Mills, Naismith and Reid.

A heap will be tested this week and hopefully return in the Ressies. Possible returnees inc Bell, Brown, Dawson, Foote, AJ (hooray), Melican and Pink. I imagine Dawson, Pink and AJ will be delighted to get their first games of the year.

It will be great to have all these blokes back, get match fitness and apply pressure for spots in the 1sts. Obviously it would be terrific to get Melican back and in form.

With the 2s playing the curtain raiser, there will be at least one emergency. Hopefully it is not Rohan. He needs an extended run in the 2s.

Unlucky for Melican but good news with AJ back and Dawson back this week or next.

Nice stint in the twos to find some match fitness, then AJ to take Mills role.. we can only dream.

Seriously???? I cannot believe the amount of injuries across the league this year. Surely it is much higher than usual? Does anyone know where to find the stats?

Seriously???? I cannot believe the amount of injuries across the league this year. Surely it is much higher than usual? Does anyone know where to find the stats?

Mark Maclure on 360 last week said 23% of the players in the comp were injured. I'm not sure where that stands in terms of history but it's a bloody high figure considering AFL is filled with sports scientists and all that other hoopla

I was hoping we could build our defence around Melican for the next 10 years. If he is susceptible to injury this is a big f***** problem.

We are so used to Reg never getting injured. Is it superior fitness? Some sceptics suggest instead it's merely because he never moves fast enough to injure anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are so used to Reg never getting injured. Is it superior fitness? Some sceptics suggest instead it's merely because he never moves fast enough to injure anything
Oi. Leave Reg alone!!

(Did laugh at this though being honest)

Reg moves just enough. Like all good defenders leaves the running around like a headless chook to the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back