MRP / Trib. 2023 MRP Lotto

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reason we have these conversation re: the joke that is MRP is because the rules are bent and distorted to suit the AFL's agenda (i.e Brownlow results - Mitchell's elbow on Goldy, marque games - Cotchin's hit on Shiel last year and so on) all I'm saying is to avoid this process being abused just make the penalty black and white. It's not rocket science..
Ever thought it might be you that is biased and not the AFL?

Eg: Goldy said Mitchell’s elbow was like a fly landing on him. Hardly warrants a suspension!!

Ever thought it might be you that is biased and not the AFL?

Eg: Goldy said Mitchell’s elbow was like a fly landing on him. Hardly warrants a suspension!!
Haha so you reckon the AFL isn't biased?.. Oh yeah you're right it must've been my fault that Cotchin basically knocked out Dylan Shiel in the 1st quarter of the PF with (A) an illegal bump and was allowed to play next week even though GWS' doctors confirmed (B) he had concussion... Haha keep it real cobber..

All I've said is that if you touch an umpire (other than accidental contact) it should be an automatic 1 week minimum - black and white rule everyone knows where they stand and the rule can't be manipulated for Brownlow favourites, etc.

It's like running a red traffic light, if you do it and get caught you get penalised. Everyone knows not to do it, so don't do it. Simple (for some people that is, maybe not you KT).

So if a Black Hat touches an umpire, only a fine ? don't think so,

you got your White hats (Mitchell, Martin, Buddy, Fyfe, Selwood, Dangerfield et al), worthy of a fine.

and you got your Black hats (Lindsay, Jack, Hawkins, Curnow et al), suspension.

Still yet to be seen what will happen if one of the Arse Hats (Sicily, Oliver, Carlisle, Hooker) touches an umpire.

Just watched it, not sure if was deliberate... They'll try and argue it wasn't at any rate. But when you leave the arm there but turn the rest of the body away...

And they WILL be arguing that, because there is no chance it doesn't go to the tribunal. Severe impact, no way in hell you could rate it lower, and severe impact is straight to the tribunal.

Just watched it, not sure if was deliberate... They'll try and argue it wasn't at any rate. But when you leave the arm there but turn the rest of the body away...

And they WILL be arguing that, because there is no chance it doesn't go to the tribunal. Severe impact, no way in hell you could rate it lower, and severe impact is straight to the tribunal.
Arm was up way too early, no chance he could contest the ball with how he attacked the contest.

As for what the penalty will be, before hysteria well and truly sets in with the media one way or the other, I'm going to guess 4 weeks with an outside chance of up to 6. Cameron's team will be asking for 3 which is the minimum for careless/severe/high, but I can't see the AFL or jury fully buying into it just being careless.

Who knows though. ******* terrible look for the game and Cameron though. Can't think of the last time I've seen something quite so ugly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lot of people on twitter talking about red cards. Not sure they've thought that through. Would ANYONE trust our umps to adjudicate when to use it?
Red cards would not work in AFL.

Things are far less clear cut than in other sports.

As for what the penalty will be, before hysteria well and truly sets in with the media one way or the other, I'm going to guess 4 weeks with an outside chance of up to 6. Cameron's team will be asking for 3 which is the minimum for careless/severe/high, but I can't see the AFL or jury fully buying into it just being careless.

Who knows though. ******* terrible look for the game and Cameron though. Can't think of the last time I've seen something quite so ugly.

That's not careless. I think he cops 5 or 6. Rightfully so, that's a dogs act.

Very minor contact, Gowers didn’t even remonstrate. Might be a fine if anything.
Gowers it was. Another incident with a swinging fist on Dunkley in the second quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back